MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #21
Lokati
Not-a-squid
 
Lokati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spring/Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,072

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage





K well, I'm not going to have this discussion on this forum. I've been listening to all the lies and nonsense on BMW and ZX10 forums for the past few weeks. And everyone on both sides has their own "story". My original post was Rickey Gadsons runs, and I could give a less about BMW versus ZX10 since everyone seems to want to make up their own lies.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UNLEASH THE BEAST! Solracer Sports 5 10-05-2010 11:26 AM
The Track Beast! SIKBLU Taking it to the Track 16 07-19-2010 10:10 AM
here;s a beast of a bike RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-06-2008 10:41 AM
Getting my BEAST back... Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 1 11-30-2006 03:11 PM
The Beast TxVrod Off Topic 10 12-18-2005 11:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #22
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









originally posted by user sbs from s1000rr forum:

I own a ZX-10R AND the BMW S1000RR..

No matter what was wrong with each generation of Kawasaki literbikes; the handling not being good enough, the brakes being subpar, the suspension not allowing the bike to handle quite well enough to match the Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis or Ducatis, there was always one area they could feel good about... The ZX-10R was always a beast in the engine department...

One of the Motorcycle magazines did a 0-180 mph test with all the top Bikes AND a 1000 HP Ford GT... The ZX-10R blew everything away...

The BMW S1000RR comes out and promptly is 20 -25 HP up on every other Bike out there... Cue the emotional meltdown for some of the ZX-10R owners...

I have pretty much stopped going to the ZX10r.net site, because the overall tone of the discussions has gone right down the crapper.. Any mention of the BMW brings howls of rage and denial from the Kawasaki zealots.. They trot out dyno reults from the only magazine that ranked the Euro ZX-10R ahead of the BMW (by 2 hp at peak)... they suckle at the teat of Garth, who claims to have gone 200 mph on his 2011 ZX-10R and has a "jockey" who rides his Bike for him in his "races".

So much emotional upheaval, whining, and denial, just because the BMW is faster than the Kawasaki. The moderator has basically banned any discussion that includes any reference to the BMW being faster or better than the ZX-10R...

I just like Motorcycles.. I have owned pretty much every available brand of Bike and I love them all for different things. At the moment, the BMW S1000RR is what floats my boat.. Maybe in a few years, I will buy the Aprilia, or maybe Honda comes out with a 340 lb MotoGP replica...

Bunch of crybabies.... Stop worrying about the BMW and enjoy your ZX-10R without worrying that your pen1s has suddenly shrunk because the ZX-10R isn't King of the hill anymore
Last edited by sbs; 03-03-2011 at 11:09 PM.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #23
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









originally posted by BUZZ from zx10r.net forum:

as i've read atleast 6-8 bmw owners have stepped up to race you garth and you never reply to any of them,even a cbr fireblade owner has called you out aswell..??? you might talk the talk but you dont walk the walk.....just saying what i heard....if you was in the uk i'd race you on a bone stock bmw against your modded zx10r in the mountain twisties where it really matters,if i want to race in a straight line i'd end up falling asleep half way down the strip as it dont intrest me one bit....

and my old bmw s1000rr bone stock made 191@ the rear wheel completely bone stock with 2500 miles on it...i'll post the video and dyno print out if you like off you tube..?? i dont want to argue with you as its pointless you hate the bmw for what ever reason..??? i like any bike that suits my riding style and the bmw suits mine at the moment,i still think the best bikes are a k5 gsxr 1000 and my old k7 gsxr 1000,i also loved my ktm super duke for upsetting alot of the local sport bike riders in the corners aswell,i ride all my bike's myself and dont use a jockey like certain peeps...

go do a search for it,google is your freind...... mcn bmws1000rr top speed run....thats a hint for you garth...actually it was 197 bone stock bike the other run was done by another person that hit 202 mph in a 1 mile run standing start.........

202 mph run
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...r-hits-202mph/

197 mph run
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne..._/R-EPI-126474

__________________________________________________ __________________

RESPONSE FROM GARTH285:

^^ In responce to the BMW guys calling me out. Most of those guys dont even live in the same state, one guy who kept pushing me llived in Ohlio.... Im in FL.

I am calling out BMW's now.... so where is everyone?


Good find on the 202mph post, atleast your actually a good poster who can back himself up! So Cheers to that!


I'm not here to bash the BMW's I think they are an awesome bike, I just think that the 2011 just might be up to par with it this year.


I have a race set up in "Mexico" this weekend with a BMW with a Akro and PCV, we both will be stock ride height and both on pump gas.


I guess I can somewhat find out what these 2 bikes are capable of.


__________________________________________________ ______________

My observation:

So Garth285 was called out by 5 other S1000RR riders to race him but his excuse was that all of those people lived outside Florida but yet he is going to set up a race in MEXICO? isnt Mexico farther than Ohio, New York, South Carolina?
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #24
tino
Senior Member
 
tino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,099

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'05 ZX-10R
'03 HONDA 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
originally posted by BUZZ from zx10r.net forum:

as i've read atleast 6-8 bmw owners have stepped up to race you garth and you never reply to any of them,even a cbr fireblade owner has called you out aswell..??? you might talk the talk but you dont walk the walk.....just saying what i heard....if you was in the uk i'd race you on a bone stock bmw against your modded zx10r in the mountain twisties where it really matters,if i want to race in a straight line i'd end up falling asleep half way down the strip as it dont intrest me one bit....

and my old bmw s1000rr bone stock made 191@ the rear wheel completely bone stock with 2500 miles on it...i'll post the video and dyno print out if you like off you tube..?? i dont want to argue with you as its pointless you hate the bmw for what ever reason..??? i like any bike that suits my riding style and the bmw suits mine at the moment,i still think the best bikes are a k5 gsxr 1000 and my old k7 gsxr 1000,i also loved my ktm super duke for upsetting alot of the local sport bike riders in the corners aswell,i ride all my bike's myself and dont use a jockey like certain peeps...

go do a search for it,google is your freind...... mcn bmws1000rr top speed run....thats a hint for you garth...actually it was 197 bone stock bike the other run was done by another person that hit 202 mph in a 1 mile run standing start.........

202 mph run
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...r-hits-202mph/

197 mph run
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne..._/R-EPI-126474

__________________________________________________ __________________

RESPONSE FROM GARTH285:

^^ In responce to the BMW guys calling me out. Most of those guys dont even live in the same state, one guy who kept pushing me llived in Ohlio.... Im in FL.

I am calling out BMW's now.... so where is everyone?


Good find on the 202mph post, atleast your actually a good poster who can back himself up! So Cheers to that!


I'm not here to bash the BMW's I think they are an awesome bike, I just think that the 2011 just might be up to par with it this year.


I have a race set up in "Mexico" this weekend with a BMW with a Akro and PCV, we both will be stock ride height and both on pump gas.


I guess I can somewhat find out what these 2 bikes are capable of.


__________________________________________________ ______________

My observation:

So Garth285 was called out by 5 other S1000RR riders to race him but his excuse was that all of those people lived outside Florida but yet he is going to set up a race in MEXICO? isnt Mexico farther than Ohio, New York, South Carolina?


"mexico" = florida
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:01 AM   #25
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by tinodc5 View Post
"mexico" = florida
actually cuba & haiti = florida
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #26
tino
Senior Member
 
tino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,099

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'05 ZX-10R
'03 HONDA 50








he uses "mexico" as a "cute" cover up so he doesn't technically admit that he illegally street races in florida...
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #27
Lokati
Not-a-squid
 
Lokati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spring/Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,072

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage





Whether or not the BMW set the bar too high though doesn't matter. The new Kawi is definately a great upgrade over previous models. If you want a BMW versus Kawi thread, please start one and stop derailing mine -.-
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #28
TiemannR6
Friendswood
 
TiemannR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 718

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 R6- Sold
'09 Daytona 675








LMAO S1000rr is far superior in looks and performance.
I know this as a fact because I can see and it is general knowledge that Kawi's are trash
TiemannR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #29
tino
Senior Member
 
tino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,099

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'05 ZX-10R
'03 HONDA 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
Whether or not the BMW set the bar too high though doesn't matter. The new Kawi is definately a great upgrade over previous models. If you want a BMW versus Kawi thread, please start one and stop derailing mine -.-


Quote:
Originally Posted by TiemannR6 View Post
LMAO S1000rr is far superior in looks and performance.
I know this as a fact because I can see and it is general knowledge that Kawi's are trash
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #30
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,235

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TiemannR6 View Post
LMAO S1000rr is far superior in looks and performance.
I know this as a fact because I can see and it is general knowledge that Kawi's are trash

and what kind of "bike" do you currently own?
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #31
randomwalk101
Senior Member
 
randomwalk101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 563












Frank
Bring your BMW to FL and show Garth what's up
__________________
Go slow...You will live longer.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #32
Doug
Hangover
 
Doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 608

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
FLTRX









This thread is full of funny
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #33
tino
Senior Member
 
tino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,099

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'05 ZX-10R
'03 HONDA 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
and what kind of "bike" do you currently own?
i didn't wanna go THERE!!
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #34
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,235

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by tinodc5 View Post
i didn't wanna go THERE!!

yah... mah bad!
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #35
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
Even if the new 10R is a few hp down it comes with TC and everything stock. By the time you add everything to the S1000RR it's several grand more. Both bikes are FAR better than I'll EVER be though.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #36
TiemannR6
Friendswood
 
TiemannR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 718

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 R6- Sold
'09 Daytona 675








Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
and what kind of "bike" do you currently own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinodc5 View Post
i didn't wanna go THERE!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
yah... mah bad!
DAMMIT! Princess used to get me with that one, now y'all too..
gets me everytime
TiemannR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #37
tino
Senior Member
 
tino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,099

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'05 ZX-10R
'03 HONDA 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by TiemannR6 View Post
DAMMIT! Princess used to get me with that one, now y'all too..
gets me everytime
now go buy a KAWASAKI!!!
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #38
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
Ya according to reports from Rickey, the stock Kawi is running 190 RWHP after derestriction.

I find that hard to believe. Granted "derestriction" is a pretty vague term.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #39
Lokati
Not-a-squid
 
Lokati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spring/Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,072

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I find that hard to believe. Granted "derestriction" is a pretty vague term.
I posted a dyno result from Guhl Motors, just putting the timing back in, and tuning the fuel map properly via an ECU flash (completely stock) that puts it at ~176 HP. Additional fuel and tuning with a full exhaust and air filter could easily net the additional 9-10 HP putting it near 190.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #40
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokati View Post
I posted a dyno result from Guhl Motors, just putting the timing back in, and tuning the fuel map properly via an ECU flash (completely stock) that puts it at ~176 HP. Additional fuel and tuning with a full exhaust and air filter could easily net the additional 9-10 HP putting it near 190.
From everything I've seen they're picking up around 10hp with a slip on. Slightly more with a full system.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy