MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 AM   #21
Jaygermeister
Get out of my way Jimmy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R 1340 Hayabusa CBR1100XX Superblackbird & CBR600F4 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6gal View Post
Did anyone else get a magazine in the mail? Lol
I don't know how they got my name but the in the mag looked like....... .

Thank for Motorcycles Unlimited

I hate rules
BiLT and Cyclegear
Track days are like going to Las Vegas If you canít afford to lose it donít go!!!!!
Jaygermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now that CycleGear only carries.... honorsdaddy Gear Talk 20 07-11-2012 09:25 AM
Fiddy stuff at Cyclegear? jrfitzny Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 7 05-09-2011 04:31 PM
BiLT Sale at Cyclegear morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 04-07-2011 12:40 PM
cyclegear coupon yankee Off Topic 20 04-13-2006 06:06 PM
Cyclegear at Sharpstown StealthR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 03-02-2006 01:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #22
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 R6

They still have a pretty big selection of alpinestar gloves, helmets, boots and jackets as well as arai helmets. Also can look through a book and order anything you like as well and shipping is pretty quick.

But blitz yea I would stay away from those and any low quality brands they have!
wesleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #23
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygermeister View Post
I don't know how they got my name but the in the mag looked like....... .

Thank for Motorcycles Unlimited

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #24
Novisknight

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Honda CBR600RR

Member Garage

the leg armor piece looks like a shrunk down version of a catchers leg protectors. but cheaper. im not thrilled with the looks
Novisknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #25
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #26
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #27
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
man i thought the gear look pretty nice in the mag i got in the mail. guess it's poo in real life. lol
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #28
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

it says you can still buy the Sedici name in Canada! i should buy it and sell it back to cycle gear for profit when they want their name back!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #29
pinball
I got slow

Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

I don't really get what all the is about. Of course CG is going to push their house brand(s). They're in business to make money, and house brand(s) generate the most profit. It's not like they're saying their stuff is as good as A*'s, Joe Rocket, Shoei, etc. (They'll even tell you it's not) It's entry level stuff for people that don't want to spend a fortune to get into riding, and it should provide sufficient protection for up to freeway speeds. Beginning riders shouldn't be going faster than that, anyway.

Gear is designed to protect you once, then be replaced, anyway. A $1000+ track suit may look fine after going down, but what about that stressed thread you couldn't see that will break the next time you go down, causing the sleeve to come apart leaving you completely unprotected?

Don't knock inexpensive gear. It will do the job for which it was designed once, as intended. As far as seams go, A*'s seams look pretty good, but they sure have a habit of falling apart just from regular use.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #30
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 03-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #31
scuseme

Bike(s):
'07 Yahama R6
SV650 Racebike

There are very few motorcycle gear manufacturers offering a 5-Year Guarantee on manufacturing/materials (BiLT) and I don't know of any offering a Lifetime Guarantee on manufacturing/materials (Sedici). I don't think that you can make those offers on gear. I do know that the stuff is less expensive because Cycle Gear helped the two lines go factory-direct, so instead of everyone in the supply chain (factory > brand > distributor > retailer) marking up to get their cut, it's marked up much less.

Try the gear for yourself. If you don't like it or if it fails, take it back to Cycle Gear based on the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, the BiLT 5-Year Guarantee or the Sedici Lifetime Guarantee.
scuseme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #32
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #33
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

CG also had that 707 houst brand they were pushing.
707 is the area code of CG HQ...

Most of the helmet was manufactured by HJC...with a cheaper paintjob and visor system. Shell was exactly the same as an entry HJC though.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #34
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Funny to see this discussion. I got my flyer yesterday and was noticing how cheap it could be for a new rider to get a full set up of new gear for:

Track style boots $70
Helmet $60
Gloves $30
One piece or two piece leathers for $300

If my Aggie math is right, that is around $460 for a full set up of gear that is NEW and not some hand me down stuff. I have seen plenty of riders out in $450 jackets with no gloves, wearing jeans, etc. They would be better off in this gear at $460, no question. Cheap way to get into track days if you need gear. Money better spent than on that aftermarket pipe the prototypical newb prolly wants.

It isn't top of the line, but the 5 year Guarantee would indicate to me that there is at least a level of quality that would be acceptale.

As for the name, well the Sedici name is a little cheesy to say the least. BiLT isn't so bad though.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #35
ciao_strada

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuseme View Post
There are very few motorcycle gear manufacturers offering a 5-Year Guarantee on manufacturing/materials (BiLT) and I don't know of any offering a Lifetime Guarantee on manufacturing/materials (Sedici). I don't think that you can make those offers on gear. I do know that the stuff is less expensive because Cycle Gear helped the two lines go factory-direct, so instead of everyone in the supply chain (factory > brand > distributor > retailer) marking up to get their cut, it's marked up much less.

Try the gear for yourself. If you don't like it or if it fails, take it back to Cycle Gear based on the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, the BiLT 5-Year Guarantee or the Sedici Lifetime Guarantee.
funny, I was researching Sedici and came across this, almost verbatim (post #6).

ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #36
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

I went into CG on I-45 north a few weeks back because they used to have a good selection of A* gear, and was surprised to see all the bilt and sedici gear. I was not impressed with the quality of material or construction. I would rather spend a bit more and get better quality gear.

Maybe its just me but I value my head more than a $60 helmet, I am fine with spending over $200 on a Shark RSR2. I have already learned that cheap gloves do not last, but I do know that my A* and Teknics gloves have held up in wear and tear. I know my Sidi boots are a lot more comfortable, lighter and better constructed than a Sedici pair that is half the cost. I definitely trust my beat up Fieldsheer jacket or any of my leather jackets than the sloppily stitched generic stuff.

Anyway I will keep taking my chances with more expensive gear, I know how it handles a get off....looking forward to seeing how BiLT and Sedici hold up...on someone else.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #37
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAO_STRADA View Post
funny, I was researching Sedici and came across this, almost verbatim (post #6).

Interesting!
Kinda looks like CG is out hitting the forums and trying to keep people from getting too anti-CG.
I've seen the stuff, it looks kinda cheezy, I wouldn't buy it and the guy at CG I talked to, agreed. He said he felt like it was a bad move for CG to have moved out nearly all name brand stuff and replaced it with house brand cheapos.
Sure you can still get name brand from them but you have to order it now and wait to even try it on. Well, , I can do that on the internet and not have to drive to CG...
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAO_STRADA View Post

LOL. same methods as Tim "no really...i dont work for amsoil" Vapond.

pretend to be a regular forum member all over the internet and then pitch product at every opportunity. cycle queer was allready at negative 5 stars out of 10. that right there just dropped them another 5 stars.

as for their employee who was too lazy to look up a cable for a 10 year old bike. i dont blame him. im sure the store policy is to get whatever they can, but CQ wasnt paying him enough to give a . WAKE UP CQ. you cant pay people less than mcdonalds and expect them to give a about your company or your customers. oh wait...they are just following your example as you clearly dont care about your customers...seeing as you fill your store with cheap .

AAAANYways. i remember back in the day when i worked for their sharpstown location. i helped open that store. i sold like 10k worth of gear a month. i earned maybe $1000 a month at best. i work for a dealer in VA now...(aint saying which one) but i sold $49,500 worth of last month, and earned $2800 for the month after tax.

PAY people well, so they can be proud of their job, and they will act like professionals. carry GOOD, QUALITY gear and customers leave happy and with safer products in hand. they WILL come back and bring more customers with them. everyone makes more money. everyone wins. CQ will never learn this because they are a shithole.

they promise management all kinds of options and bonuses after 5 years. can them after 4 and half. LOL what a joke.

Advertisement