MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now that CycleGear only carries.... honorsdaddy Gear Talk 20 07-11-2012 09:25 AM
Fiddy stuff at Cyclegear? jrfitzny Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 7 05-09-2011 04:31 PM
BiLT Sale at Cyclegear morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 04-07-2011 12:40 PM
cyclegear coupon yankee Off Topic 20 04-13-2006 06:06 PM
Cyclegear at Sharpstown StealthR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 03-02-2006 01:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I saw that this last Sunday. Looked CHEAP like REAL CHEAP
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Looks REALLY cheap. Their Frank Thomas stuff is inexpensive but it's pretty nice. That Bilt stuff looks like the leather is made of chicken skin.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 03-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
I think it sucks, because it moves out shelf space for the good stuff.
Was at Cyclegear today...
Seams looked pretty shitty.
Deadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Quote:
I think it sucks, because it moves out shelf space for the good stuff.
YEP... thats what it looked like when I went in. atleast for lids
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
Nowell

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2010 ZX-6R
07 DRZ400 SM SOLD!
96 VS800 Intruder Bobber (rat bike from ) SOLD!

Was looking at lids for my girl, she tried one on, didn't like it at all. Not to mention they are heavy as !
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds for the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end."
Nowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
So is this Cycle Gears new Generic brand they are pushing? Stuff looks chinsey...any reviews?
you must have been in recently, just as I have (I was going to make a post,but i backed out. ..now that you posted up...)

I went in Friday, just to get the blood going again...and nothing. Most of the store was either "BILT" brand or "SPIDICI" oR something (italian for "#16")... all of it is like the old 5ive brand of gloves they had tons of.

I tried one of thier Bilt helmets...put the so called tinted internal visor down, and......had more light distorting waves, than Azylums "hello kitty". Put on the Scorpion 1K helmet...no waves, in either the main visor, or tinted "pilot" visor.

REALLY curious as to how a helmet (and gloves) are going to have a 5 year guarantee, when we all know how often helmets, and gloves are replaced. (especially after daily use.)

Last edited by GAU-8; 03-21-2011 at 08:15 PM.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
r6gal
Banned

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
04 Yamaha r6

Member Garage

User is banned

r6gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 03-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Kinda why I started buying my gear from 2WheelToys. If I need small parts then I'll hit up CG. They do have Pirelli Diablo Supersport tires on sale for $179 a set.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
GAU-8
official thread ender.

CG is going downhill. :(

I can understand having the full spectrum of gear, and prices, to fit everyones budget. OTOH, when 50 percent of your store space is allocated merchandise.(and it used to not be this way)....nevermind. I don't care who won what race, I don't want to hear the twenty something squid talk, or uber-tech lingo. I want to hear a salesperson who knows their .

I called a few weeks ago to order a speedo cable for my bike...kid wouldn't even look through the catalogs. "Uh..what is it again?...um yeah, we don't carry parts for bikes more than 10 years than current year, Cycle Gear only wants to deal with new stuff, not making money for the bikes older than 10 years".

Lol so they can't order for anything older than 2001 is what he is trying to tell me..and he was sticking to it. I told him to look through the many catalogs they have, and he wouldn't do it.

Lazy .
Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #14
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

at least they make good tractors.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #15
IndyRC
Mutant

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

I was in there on Sunday and saw all of the Bilt and Sedici stuff. I did try on some Sedici gloves and they were really soft. Then I got their newest ad in the mail and it's full of Bilt and Sedici. WTF where's the good stuff?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Its on their heavily reduced clearance racks... :/

In sizes that don't fit.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #17
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Quote:
THe guy who works there (WHos quitting) said he wouldnt buy any of the .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Kinda why I started buying my gear from 2WheelToys. If I need small parts then I'll hit up CG. They do have Pirelli Diablo Supersport tires on sale for $179 a set.
The guy didn't quit, he got fired. And if you want good stuff then get a price from the net, tell the mgr, and he will honor the online price, or 2 Wheel Toyz price. Either way you get what you want.

I've never had a problem getting what I wanted or needed in CG, do your research online or @ 2 Wheel Toyz if you prefer, I have spent plenty of money and time at both. Unfortunately @ 2 Wheel Toyz I feel like they could give two if I was there which is sad given that I spent over 1K there in less than a month on helmets, jacket, boots, ect.

You guys act like 2 Wheel Toyz is the end all be all but I'm here to tell you there selection of stuff doesn't go much beyond helmets and jackets, and the stuff that does is over priced. Jack will even tell you that you are better off buying online from their ebay store than in person. a

As far as the debate about their off brand stuff, if you don't like it don't buy it. I don't see anyone at Best Buy because they have an ton of Dynex stuff there....and they put it in their ads too.

I got a of a deal on a Pilot Road 2 tire today, and my buddy got a of a deal on a Shoei helmet, better than anything 2 Wheel Toyz could or would have done, so my business is going to Cycle Gear from now on. But hey, its just my opinion, shop where you want to.
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTAggie View Post
The guy didn't quit, he got fired. And if you want good stuff then get a price from the net, tell the mgr, and he will honor the online price, or 2 Wheel Toyz price. Either way you get what you want.

I've never had a problem getting what I wanted or needed in CG, do your research online or @ 2 Wheel Toyz if you prefer, I have spent plenty of money and time at both. Unfortunately @ 2 Wheel Toyz I feel like they could give two if I was there which is sad given that I spent over 1K there in less than a month on helmets, jacket, boots, ect.

You guys act like 2 Wheel Toyz is the end all be all but I'm here to tell you there selection of stuff doesn't go much beyond helmets and jackets, and the stuff that does is over priced. Jack will even tell you that you are better off buying online from their ebay store than in person. a

As far as the debate about their off brand stuff, if you don't like it don't buy it. I don't see anyone at Best Buy because they have an ton of Dynex stuff there....and they put it in their ads too.

I got a of a deal on a Pilot Road 2 tire today, and my buddy got a of a deal on a Shoei helmet, better than anything 2 Wheel Toyz could or would have done, so my business is going to Cycle Gear from now on. But hey, its just my opinion, shop where you want to.
This is so right on.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #19
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Yea, well the dynex stuff is fairly decent stuff though. After seeing the BILT stuff... I wouldnt trust that in a accident, at all. Stuff was cheap looking.

300 dollar leather suit (at full price) LOL!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #20
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTAggie View Post
Best Buy doesnt sell products that are designed to keep you alive, during/after a crash.

BIG difference between selling some cheap stuff, and advertized, compared to switching to HALF of your "wearables/safety gear" space to one specific product name, and same with the catalog. Might as well name CG...."BILT GEAR" or "Cycle Bilt"

Last edited by GAU-8; 03-25-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Advertisement