MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #21
speedismo
OCD for speed

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
hey kalkat, which trackday r u doing next? and did get a chance to time your best lap yet at TWS (Texas World Speedway)
i m doing the tmgp thing at Katy on 23rd, then MSRH on 30. Also mailed up LSTD folks to see if they have a spot open for CWing at Oct 6 TWS (Texas World Speedway) trackday. if they have it, then that will be it...otherwise dunno.

and nops, not timed at TWS (Texas World Speedway) yet. roughly timed at MSRH, went out with CarbonR1 and he thought we night have been doin 1:55-57 kinda at that pace, though nobody was timing us.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ty Howard Track School zx10r08 Taking it to the Track 12 07-14-2011 06:56 PM
Ty Howard School and Race Licensing - TWS (Texas World Speedway) diggler Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 05-05-2010 06:45 PM
Ty Howard Race School - ANNOUNCEMENT Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 09-04-2009 01:11 AM
Ty Howard Race School @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) diggler Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 05-08-2009 12:07 PM
TY HOWARD RACE SCHOOL cinco de mayo General Discussion (Moto Related) 77 03-08-2007 08:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I doubt you want to ride in the race group your first time out @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) and that is exactly what you will be doing in Ty's class. Ridesmart already provides class instruction with all groups. Although I hear you are cornerworking so you are going to miss everything they cover in the morning. Which is when they cover the most topics. :eh:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #23
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
LSTD and Ridesmart both have level 1 classes. Ride Smart has more riders on the track while LSTD limits the numbers for safety's sake.
Both can offer you (a beginner at track riding) a lot that will increase your ability to ride faster, safer and with more confidence.
Some preffer LSTD, some preffer Ride Smart; important thing to do is get on the track and find your own prefference.

Ty's school is good for anyone, but likely will benefit the more experienced rider first. Bottom line is that any instruction that provides constructive criticism and feedback is going to benefit you. You can get that from either org, and spend the $$ on Ty when you get more experienced.

My personal prefference is the LSTD- if you're new, you will likely appreciate the limited numbers on the track and the instruction in class as well as on and after the track sessions. There are two new instructors to replace those who recently left, and both are eager to get with students. Chad Tiezen and 'Zette both worked hard with students at Oak Hill, and I personnally saw marked improvements in those rider's ability with whom they worked.
+1

Old 09-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #24
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I doubt you want to ride in the race group your first time out @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) and that is exactly what you will be doing in Ty's class. Ridesmart already provides class instruction with all groups. Although I hear you are cornerworking so you are going to miss everything they cover in the morning. Which is when they cover the most topics. :eh:
I think I've worked out a deal where I can ride in the AM and get as much info from the instructors as possible and CWing the PM
Old 09-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #25
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
I think I've worked out a deal where I can ride in the AM and get as much info from the instructors as possible and CWing the PM
Good Deal

Old 09-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #26
hfa3g11
OG

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
i prefer Ride Smart more. like everybody else said lstd is more of an open trackday. although they do have a school as well, i didnt pay the extra for it. i like Ride Smart because of the school they have, although ive done 5 tradays i still dont think im ready for ty school. im running a consistent 2:10 on street tires and i am gonna wait till next year when i have better tires and a few other things.

imo i would wait to take ty's school. youll learn alot in level 1 school with the instructors. at the end of the day if youre doing well, im sure the instruc. will show you some better lines that are faster, but nothing crazy.
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #27
andrave

Feedback Rating: (0)

whats lstd?
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #28
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1