MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #21
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

U can pull it off in a day, go get insurance, pay taxes, get it in your name and then take the receipt where U just did that, and its legally yours at that time, call the cops to the impound yard if they wont release it, dont just let it go, if its a ok bike I,m sure someone here will give you some $ to do it if U cant
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regarding Impounded bike/ new ownership law imurdanny General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 08-05-2014 12:42 PM
need to borrow moto straps! FuelSlut General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 09-03-2009 03:21 PM
dows anyone have a ramp we can borrow? Scatter General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-06-2009 05:13 AM
Need to borrow a bike ramp aboo007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-05-2008 10:21 AM
Need to Borrow a Bike Ramp NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 01-10-2008 05:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #22
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
Im going to have to go with this guy, no reason a normal impound lot should want to see a title... insurance on the bike, and the ticket would show you were in possession. of course if you were stopped with a suspended license, they wont let you take it regardless. is it at a police impound? why was it impounded?
What do you mean they won't let you take it back if one has a suspended or no insurance? Is this really true?
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #23
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
U can pull it off in a day, go get insurance, pay taxes, get it in your name and then take the receipt where U just did that, and its legally yours at that time, call the cops to the impound yard if they wont release it, dont just let it go, if its a ok bike I,m sure someone here will give you some $ to do it if U cant
+1 I did insurance, title, registration, and inspection the day after I picked up the R6.

Either OP doesn't have the $$$ which is one thing, or there's some info missing here.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #24
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I got your $$$...we'll put the title in your name (with me being the lienholder) and the bike in my garage.

When you pay me back taxes, title fees, insurance (, I'll waive the insurance 'cuz I plan on riding the bike until I get paid back) and impound lot fees + 20% (hey, it's financing) I'll return the bike and keys....payment due in 60 days.

PM me and I'll see if I can help.

btw, I got a ramp and straps too.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #25
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

I bought my bike a couple weeks ago but I didnt pick it up until two days ago. The seller went to the title place and made sure it was in our name before he released the bike to us. Completely solid way to do it.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #26
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

man some impound would only require your valid Dl and insurance card with your name on it for the bike/car.

my car got impounded because I let my friend borrowed and he wrecked. Showed up with just insurance and pulled out. The car was under my brother's name at the time too.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #27
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

no maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
What do you mean they won't let you take it back if one has a suspended or no insurance? Is this really true?
I think i said it in the wrong part of the thread, if all they did was impound it then i don't think they cant "keep it " for those things, but my buddy was pulled over for a suspended license, NO Drugs, and his bike was seized polk county took it.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #28
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptizedByFire View Post
When did the world turn to ?
When people started stealing horses.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #29
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
2016 R1200RS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
I think i said it in the wrong part of the thread, if all they did was impound it then i don't think they cant "keep it " for those things, but my buddy was pulled over for a suspended license, NO Drugs, and his bike was seized polk county took it.
Yup, and if you have a valid license without an M stamp they are towing as well.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I bought my bike a couple weeks ago but I didnt pick it up until two days ago. The seller went to the title place and made sure it was in our name before he released the bike to us. Completely solid way to do it.
This is why you keep your plates when you sell now. They can get new ones the day they go to the court house.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #31
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
When people started stealing horses.
You read my mind...
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #32
swieland

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
14 street glide
12 cbr1000rr
81 cb750f
12 yz250
83 CB1100F

Send a wrecker with a hold harmless form!
swieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #33
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Yup, and if you have a valid license without an M stamp they are towing as well.
I am still confused. Bear with me. Can a person with a suspendd license get their motorcycle back or not?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #34
BaptizedByFire
Future Organ Donor

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600RR

So it turns out all you need is a DL and insurance in your name for the vehicle you wanna recover . The storage facility was dicking me around- went back there earlier today and hit em with the book. They didnt even try to charge me an extra day of storage.

I'm thinking about reporting their to TDLR, but they also gave me like $100 off the price they quoted me. So I'm debating whether or not it was a discount or if they were still trying to screw me over, because the poster on the wall with the prices read $150 for non-consent tow and she tried to charge me $250

Well, ya'll were a great help. I learned my lesson, thankfully I got my bike back safe and sound, and I'll make sure the paperwork gets unfucked soon. Already tracked down the original buyer. He sold it to a guy who crashed it who sold it to a guy who fixed it and stunted it up a little, who then sold it to me. This all happened since '03 and none of us ever transferred the title lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #35
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
2016 R1200RS

Member Garage

So with no title how do you get it tagged?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #36
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Im going to have to go with this guy, no reason a normal impound lot should want to see a title... insurance on the bike, and the ticket would show yo

They are not government, just make some fake paperwork. Photoshop.

Advertisement