MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
MotoGP - Qatar, last test before the flag drops

Bring the race on!!!

1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 1m 55.681s (46)
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 55.745s (39)
3. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 56.294s (45)
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 56.433s (70)
5. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 56.439s (58)
6. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 1m 56.445s (67)
7. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 56.707s (48)
8. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 56.716s (57)
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 56.726s (68)
10. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 56.740s (73)
11. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar Team 1m 56.798s (62)
12. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 56.931s (63)
13. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 56.988s (50)
14. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 1m 57.345s (62)
15. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 57.730s (28)
16. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 57.846s (49)
17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 58.536s (57)
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
omer
SMR
 
omer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: THE S.W.A.T
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,379

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R



cant wait...

go Ben go

no way Rossi is # 13 on the list
__________________

Last edited by omer; 03-14-2011 at 03:32 PM.
omer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!
 
brisingr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,650

Experience: 2 years
GO Ben!
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Can't think of a time when testing proved true on race day...
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Can't think of a time when testing proved true on race day...
i can, quite a few times actually, but still, the BS stops when the red lights drop. So for now i am happy and calling and texting grinchy like crazy. Now come race day and dingo crashes, well i expect the same from grinchy lol
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
i can, quite a few times actually, but still, the BS stops when the red lights drop.
Really?

Who was fastest in all the testing last year and the year before, and where did they end the season? Just as a for instance...
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Really?

Who was fastest in all the testing last year and the year before, and where did they end the season? Just as a for instance...
OK, a bit of a disconnect, i am connecting testing (at a spacific track) vs race at a specific track not the whole season. Do they test in all the tracks? Really? cause i need to upgrade my MotoGP pass

Whatver happens after qatar who knows, i am just talking about this coming race QATAR.

Crashers of the testing
Rossi 2
Hayden 1
Barbera 1
Capirex 1
Randy 2
Abraham 1
Bautista 1
Cal 1

Any pattern there, i prolly forgot someone,
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









I hope you guys are able to join us here to watch it.
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by omer View Post
cant wait...

go Ben go

no way Rossi is # 13 on the list
he didn't use the soft tires, it's not as bad as it looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I hope you guys are able to join us here to watch it.
got plans but thanks
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
ileono918
On hiatus
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 6,047

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











I guess there are no warm up laps when testing
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
he didn't use the soft tires, it's not as bad as it looks



got plans but thanks

Available tires
Slick fronts: med, extra hard
Slick read: med, hard
2 rear test tires and 1 front test tire

THERE WERE NO SOFT TIRES, still waiting for the extra special michelling tires

BTW, in an interview that will be in TV an a few days he admits that they are focusing in investigating Stoners riding style so hew can adapt to the duc.

Also, after his second crash, he told management that he will not be pushing the bike anymore and to send nicky, randy, barbera to push to the limit and fix the problems, he will not risk his shoulder anymore

Moaner someone
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post

Available tires
Slick fronts: med, extra hard
Slick read: med, hard
2 rear test tires and 1 front test tire

THERE WERE NO SOFT TIRES, still waiting for the extra special michelling tires

BTW, in an interview that will be in TV an a few days he admits that they are focusing in investigating Stoners riding style so hew can adapt to the duc.

Also, after his second crash, he told management that he will not be pushing the bike anymore and to send nicky, randy, barbera to push to the limit and fix the problems, he will not risk his shoulder anymore

Moaner someone
guess these two world champions amongst others are just making it all up

“The real problem was that at about an hour and a half from the finish, I started to lose strength in my shoulder, and I just couldn't push anymore,” said Rossi.

“It's a shame, because I had just done my best time, and I may have been able to drop it a little more from there. Instead, we didn't even mount the two soft tyres that we had.
“I started on a long run, but I stopped because I was losing tenths lap after lap.

“Let's say that we're not as far back as it looks, although we still have a lot of work to do, regarding both the bike and myself, because the shoulder is evidently not yet able to bear two such intense days of testing.

“Between now and Thursday, I'll do some light exercise and have it massaged, and then we'll see,” concluded Rossi, who won last year's Qatar race for Yamaha after Stoner fell from the lead.

Rossi's team-mate Nicky Hayden was ninth fastest and just over one-second from former team-mate Stoner.

“We tried some different options and got a little bit better, but not like we really wanted to,” said Hayden. “I did two longer runs and was able to string together some laps at a decent pace, on both hard and soft tyres. I ended the day with a crash in Turn 2, where a lot of guys have gone down this week. I just lost the front end.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









i thought hayden made in roads to make the duc easier to ride.. didnt they change the rack among other things for easier turn in?
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
i thought hayden made in roads to make the duc easier to ride.. didnt they change the rack among other things for easier turn in?
It didn't work, Rossi went to Stoners 2010 setup and requested more electronics to help the turn in
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
guess these two world champions amongst others are just making it all up

“The real problem was that at about an hour and a half from the finish, I started to lose strength in my shoulder, and I just couldn't push anymore,” said Rossi.

“It's a shame, because I had just done my best time, and I may have been able to drop it a little more from there. Instead, we didn't even mount the two soft tyres that we had.
“I started on a long run, but I stopped because I was losing tenths lap after lap.

“Let's say that we're not as far back as it looks, although we still have a lot of work to do, regarding both the bike and myself, because the shoulder is evidently not yet able to bear two such intense days of testing.

“Between now and Thursday, I'll do some light exercise and have it massaged, and then we'll see,” concluded Rossi, who won last year's Qatar race for Yamaha after Stoner fell from the lead.

Rossi's team-mate Nicky Hayden was ninth fastest and just over one-second from former team-mate Stoner.

“We tried some different options and got a little bit better, but not like we really wanted to,” said Hayden. “I did two longer runs and was able to string together some laps at a decent pace, on both hard and soft tyres. I ended the day with a crash in Turn 2, where a lot of guys have gone down this week. I just lost the front end.

YOU MEAN SOFTER OF THE TWO RIGHT!!!!!


I guess the moaning is starting to grow on you

DOOD, listen to the interview, don't read the transcripts

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011...ult+Qatar+Test

He said SOFTER tire

For me the ondas are in another planet, i ope to stay with the second group - said flossi
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
I am phucked
PA896046
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,769

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I hope you guys are able to join us here to watch it.
that'll never happen, we do the "Private Viewings" of our own!!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
that'll never happen, we do the "Private Viewings" of our own!!
I feel there's so much talking no one actually listen to the race's commentators.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
he didn't use the soft tires, it's not as bad as it looks



got plans but thanks
By the way, read this

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...gp-test-qatar/

That gives you an idea of the race pace
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #20
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
I feel there's so much talking no one actually listen to the race's commentators.
We do just a bit, but it does get pretty heated, but at the end we all cool, except we hate grinchy and his fancy accent and getho british slang

One thing is for sure, everyone in the room hates stoner but me
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy