MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 01:15 AM   #61
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,473












Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
this thread screams rednecks
only the chevy fans are rednecks we all know that.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to buy a truck / truck questions v.12313 mekrew Off Topic 71 05-07-2013 09:32 PM
Dream Car/Truck/Bike ratmzapa Off Topic 68 06-22-2006 06:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2006, 01:21 AM   #62
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
 
kstrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
Some









Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
powered by FORD:
my dream truck............
I like the one in the vid you posted better (with bb-chevy almost 12:o wheelstand).............. thats power.

Last edited by kstrs; 09-11-2006 at 02:43 AM.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #63
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
 
kstrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
Some









Quote:
Originally Posted by fjkfta
cummins is owened by ford. dodge has a contract with ford not to use the cummins in thier 250-350 series trucks. in the 450 and up ford you can get a cummins though.

btw does anybody know of the rumer of dodge going to thier mercadies diesel. i just heard hear say no hard facts yet. i drive a 1993 dodge w250 4x4 turbo and love it. gets 20+ miles per gal. on the highway.
Cummins was founded almost a hundred years ago & is now a publicly traded company. It is not now & never has been owned by ford. fords own contract with Navistar prevents them from using any other engine in their light duty truck line. Daimler Chrysler is on record having said that Cummins will be the exclusive diesel engine in their pickup through 2010.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #64
andrave
Senior Member
 
andrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 826












cummins should probably work on their emissions then cause the bluetec has it beat in that arena and the requirements for passenger vehicles are lower than trucks but I'm sure that the diesel trucks are gonna be tough to get down if they decide to start tightening up the restrictions (which they probably will).
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #65
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
 
kstrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
Some









Screw the emissions... the enviro 's need to just deal with the smoke. Its a diesel engine, sheesh! next thing you know they'l be choking em back down to Chevy 6.2l performance #s
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #66
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
it's the 6.0 liter that everyone hates. actually we've been having some real problems out of that engine. the 7.3 was only cam sensor and speed sonsor problems. but the 6.0 was been a bit of a problem but the 6.0 has a whole lot more get up and go than the 7.3 does. 6.4 liter will be out in '08 we'll see what happens with that one. :eh:
This is my 2nd 7.3L. I haven't had the CPS problem and the speed sensor is like a 15-minute replacement for an $8 part.

Although they SUPPOSEDLY have worked out the problems with the 6.0L for '05, I still wouldn't take one.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #67
50cc chick
I <3 Josh
 
50cc chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: land of sugar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,207


Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)









Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
only the chevy fans are rednecks we all know that.
haha yeah right
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
women just make it so hard to get... why can't you be like dogs, we walk up, sniff your , if we like it we get it right then and there!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #68
50cc chick
I <3 Josh
 
50cc chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: land of sugar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,207


Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)









Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
This is my 2nd 7.3L. I haven't had the CPS problem and the speed sensor is like a 15-minute replacement for an $8 part.

Although they SUPPOSEDLY have worked out the problems with the 6.0L for '05, I still wouldn't take one.
i just saw your sig that is ****ed up, funny but messed up!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
women just make it so hard to get... why can't you be like dogs, we walk up, sniff your , if we like it we get it right then and there!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #69
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
 
kstrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
Some









Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
This is my 2nd 7.3L. I haven't had the CPS problem and the speed sensor is like a 15-minute replacement for an $8 part.

Although they SUPPOSEDLY have worked out the problems with the 6.0L for '05, I still wouldn't take one.
+1 something about the hundred dollar fuel filter just seems wrong. You got the right engine... ford needs to bring it back.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #70
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












$100?? :confused2

You need to shop around, brutha! I go my last one for $25 at Vato-zone - $40 is the most I have paid.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #71
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,473












Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
$100?? :confused2

You need to shop around, brutha! I go my last one for $25 at Vato-zone - $40 is the most I have paid.
+1 wix is a lot cheaper houston truck parts on i-10
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #72
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,473












Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
This is my 2nd 7.3L. I haven't had the CPS problem and the speed sensor is like a 15-minute replacement for an $8 part.

Although they SUPPOSEDLY have worked out the problems with the 6.0L for '05, I still wouldn't take one.
we've had cps problems galour boss actually keeps like 4 on hand in parts room lol. the speed sensor is a easy fix like you said right on top of the pumpkin. simple.

new glowplugs is not a fun task tho' took me 5 hours my first time. I'm slow :eh:
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #73
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
 
kstrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
Some









Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
$100?? :confused2

You need to shop around, brutha! I go my last one for $25 at Vato-zone - $40 is the most I have paid.
For a six liter? must have came down in price since I was in the market. :icon_smil
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #74
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,494

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
cummins should probably work on their emissions then cause the bluetec has it beat in that arena and the requirements for passenger vehicles are lower than trucks but I'm sure that the diesel trucks are gonna be tough to get down if they decide to start tightening up the restrictions (which they probably will).
bluetec was just DENIED by 5 states.

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/fi...ugh-198455.php

Five US States to Mercedes: Bluetec Not Green Enough
READ MORE: cdi, diesel, e-class, emissions, mercedes, new cars, news

merc_bluetec.jpg

The US states with the most stringent emissions requirements -- California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York and Vermont -- say Mercedes's E320 Bluetec is not clean enough for prime time. That's a kick in the tailpipe to Merc, which in a recent press release called the E320 CDI the "cleanest diesel vehicle in the world." The problem is, diesel generates more nitrogen oxide gases than gas engines, and although Mercedes's Bluetec system uses a combination of scrubbers in the car's exhaust system -- an oxidizing catalytic converter, a particulate filter and a denox storage converter that absorbs nitrogen oxides temporarily -- it's just not quite enough. The company also has a separate system, called AdBlue, that injects urea (yeah, that one) into the exhaust, splitting nitrogen oxides into hydrogen and H20, but that system isn't commercially available. What does the blow mean for Mercedes, which needs to sell the E-Class diesel in those states to make a viable business case? No word yet, but a spokesperson reportedly said, " off."
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #75
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,473












Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrs
For a six liter? must have came down in price since I was in the market. :icon_smil
the 6.0 has a fuel fliter on the top of the motor (small one) then one on the frame rail where you normally see fuel filters in the front driver side they are both element style fliters. they sell them both in a pack for like 40 bucks. the oil fliter is on top of the motor too. the air filter is no fun to get out. it almost looks like a after thought. :eh:
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #76
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrs
For a six liter? must have came down in price since I was in the market. :icon_smil
7.3L
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #77
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






***DARE YOU TO CUT ME OFF WHILE I'M DRIVIN' ONE A THEM BAD BOYS***
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #78
andrave
Senior Member
 
andrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 826












Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
bluetec was just DENIED by 5 states.

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/fi...ugh-198455.php

Five US States to Mercedes: Bluetec Not Green Enough
READ MORE: cdi, diesel, e-class, emissions, mercedes, new cars, news

merc_bluetec.jpg

The US states with the most stringent emissions requirements -- California, Maine, Massachusetts, New York and Vermont -- say Mercedes's E320 Bluetec is not clean enough for prime time. That's a kick in the tailpipe to Merc, which in a recent press release called the E320 CDI the "cleanest diesel vehicle in the world." The problem is, diesel generates more nitrogen oxide gases than gas engines, and although Mercedes's Bluetec system uses a combination of scrubbers in the car's exhaust system -- an oxidizing catalytic converter, a particulate filter and a denox storage converter that absorbs nitrogen oxides temporarily -- it's just not quite enough. The company also has a separate system, called AdBlue, that injects urea (yeah, that one) into the exhaust, splitting nitrogen oxides into hydrogen and H20, but that system isn't commercially available. What does the blow mean for Mercedes, which needs to sell the E-Class diesel in those states to make a viable business case? No word yet, but a spokesperson reportedly said, " off."
urea injection is "commecially available" its just the the EPA requires emissions components to last- thats why new cars emissions equipment is warrantied for a lot longer than the rest of the car. the EPA is rewriting the rules to allow for urea injection and once it is legal to use diesels will be allowed in the states that currently have denied the bluetec (and all other diesels) from being allowed on their passenger cars.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy