MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
NgaWhat

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Gsxr 600

Suzuki Recall (Details inside)

I just received a letter today from the Suzuki Dealership. I wish they sent this letter a while back when I had problems with my bike and had to spend $50 bucks at Motorcycles Unlimited so they can tell me everyone was looking ok

this is typed word for word

SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN

AN400 K8/K9, DL1000 K8/K9, GSF 1250S/SAK K8/K9, GSX1300BK/BKAK8, GSX1300R K8/K9, GSX650FK K8/K9, GSX-R 600 K8/K9, GSX-R750 K8/K9, SFV650 K9, VL800/B/T/CK8/K9, VLR1800/TK8/TK9, VZ1500K9

Some rectifier assembles installed on the affected models may have a condition which can cuase internal circuit board to fail in service due to excessive heat. Should this occur, insufficient charging current will be avaible to the battery. If the battery becomes excessively discharged, the engine may not be able to start, or may stall. Engine stalling while riding may increase the risk of a crash. To ensure safely and customer satisfaction we are initiating a safety recall campaigning to replace these effective assemblies.
NgaWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***** FAMILY IN NEED ***** Details inside bane_shecker General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 12-29-2010 11:47 AM
Tuan's Bday partay, details inside... TnTEntR1 Off Topic 0 10-01-2009 01:12 PM
fiddy guys, free hand brake. details inside josh302 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 21 07-01-2007 11:38 AM
Stickers are in. See inside for details. Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 05-03-2007 07:20 PM
CarbonR1/2 ...... see details inside. Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 42 04-26-2007 06:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

1st I hear about a suzuki recall today.

But seruously, I had my 1st bike which was an R6 die on me on the fast lane on 35 with no shoulder. Just about a foot between the line and the wall. I jumped off and left it leaning against the wall. No fun to have a bike die on the road.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
TeXasGiXXer

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Send a message via AIM to TeXasGiXXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NgaWhat View Post
I just received a letter today from the Suzuki Dealership. I wish they sent this letter a while back when I had problems with my bike and had to spend $50 bucks at Motorcycles Unlimited so they can tell me everyone was looking ok

this is typed word for word

SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN

AN400 K8/K9, DL1000 K8/K9, GSF 1250S/SAK K8/K9, GSX1300BK/BKAK8, GSX1300R K8/K9, GSX650FK K8/K9, GSX-R 600 K8/K9, GSX-R750 K8/K9, SFV650 K9, VL800/B/T/CK8/K9, VLR1800/TK8/TK9, VZ1500K9

Some rectifier assembles installed on the affected models may have a condition which can cuase internal circuit board to fail in service due to excessive heat. Should this occur, insufficient charging current will be avaible to the battery. If the battery becomes excessively discharged, the engine may not be able to start, or may stall. Engine stalling while riding may increase the risk of a crash. To ensure safely and customer satisfaction we are initiating a safety recall campaigning to replace these effective assemblies.
It turned out that my bike (09 750)was one of those that were affected with this problem. I took my bike to Motorcycles Unlimited and had it repaired in early February. Cost of repair was a little more than $700. When picking up the bike from Motorcycles Unlimited, Patrick said that a few bikes with the same problem have already been in the shop shortly after the repair on mine. I just received this letter a few days ago, the letter mentions reimbursement by Suzuki, I'm giving them a call today and hopefully I can get a few pennies out of them. Anyways, still excited with the quality work at Motorcycles Unlimited!

2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750
TeXasGiXXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
Bornleaderbusa

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2005 Honda cbr1000 sold
2003 honda cbr600rr sold

So will Motorcycles Unlimited do the reapair under the recall for free? Free saying charge suzuki?
Bornleaderbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Mr. Evo IX

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 GSXR1000
04 KTM SX50

K8 1000 not on there.. guess I'm good unless I receive a letter.
Mr. Evo IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
TeXasGiXXer

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Send a message via AIM to TeXasGiXXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornleaderbusa View Post
So will Motorcycles Unlimited do the reapair under the recall for free? Free saying charge suzuki?
I wouldn't know that for sure, but it never hurts to ask. I had my bike repaired by Motorcycles Unlimited prior the recall being released by Suzuki. However, I don't think Suzuki will allow that anyway. When I spoke with them on the phone they specifically asked if I took the bike to a Suzuki dealership, of course I had to say no. They said then Suzuki doesn't know if I had an aftermarket part installed to replace the damaged one or not. I spoke with Patrick, he said that the part was a Suzuki part and provided the part number. Suzuki advised me I would still need to bring the bike into a Suzuki dealership so they can verify that the correct part was installed if I were to receive any kind of reimbursement from Suzuki.

Hopefully when I get back into town this weekend I can find out what the Suzuki dealer says.

2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750
TeXasGiXXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

I called Stubbs 59 to schedule an appointment. They said that I needed to bring it by so they could get the vin, then they would order the part. I would have to leave it there for 3 days then they would install it. I asked him why I couldn't just give him the vin or ride the bike over to give the vin, then he'd order the part. He said I'd have to leave it there (probably because it's labeled a safety recall) and that it would take 3 days because they were backed up.

No thanks. I'll find someone else.
Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

My junk is down right now. I wish I could get take the part and trade for a new one.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
jthompson

Is there a way to do a diagnostic test to see if this problem exists before replacing the part or are there other tests that can be run to see if this problem exists? I had a friend who was riding and suddenly his bike stopped which caused another friend to rear end him. It was a bad crash but no one knew why he suddenly stopped and he has no memory of the crash. Got the letter a few days ago and still have the bike.
jthompson is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement