Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #81
theonepr83
king of 600 zx6r 636

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2013 soft tail slim
2007 gsxr 600 my ex
2006 636

it wont ever happen in texas ppl
theonepr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Takes Action on Motorcycle Deaths blinkstafoo182 General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 10-12-2013 01:20 AM
Ducati contest...Call to action!! SGT USMC 0311 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 02-23-2012 02:31 PM
Federal agency unveils action plan for motorcycle safety NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-19-2007 07:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #82
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

U say that like they won't try again. They have tmra 2 found it in the small print with different wording. Rember Sputnik has passed. We only have 4 motorcycle reps up in Austin and they are spread thin.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #83
xrcrx
Immortal

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

It's the equivalent of being guilty till you prove your innocence
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #84
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenphat View Post
Well black sheepdog I'm not saying u wrong or right. But u think there going to make more of motorcyclist than they are on cages. I don't see that happening. Why just pull one over and not the other. Last I checked there still more cages out there than motorcycles.
Why should there b more prejudice against one than the other. The bill that as already seen the senate that pass just say motorcycles not cars trucks are big rigs just us on two wheels. Why shouldn't b for everyone then not just one type?
Again, not advocating for the bill, but the legislation's reasoning is not hard to follow. Motorcycles are relatively cheap, and have more requirements than cars to operate legally. They are also easily obtainable. Given these facts it is reasonable to suggest that there is a higher incidence of motorcycles being ridden illegally.

Big rigs really have no bearing on the issue at hand, simply because of their cost.

Quote:
It's the equivalent of being guilty till you prove your innocence
So is our criminal justice system for ~%95 of the defendants that pass through it.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #85
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Done
Old 03-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #86
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

I figure the gov't is spending too much money, so why do they need to fund/give money for 'roadblocks' for motorcycles?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #87
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
U say that like they won't try again. They have tmra 2 found it in the small print with different wording. Rember Sputnik has passed. We only have 4 motorcycle reps up in Austin and they are spread thin.
You know that Rick Perry rides. Some MH members had lunch with him at Yankees
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #88
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You know that Rick Perry rides. Some MH members had lunch with him at Yankees
On the other hand, Rick Perry is always %100 against government money until he has it.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #89
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

im on the fence on this one, so many idiots out there stealing and bringing attention to motorcycles, then again to much government already.
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #90
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

Yes I know rick Perry rides but that don't mean he can't be persuaded. Politician in a whole r some the lying cheated and back stabbing people in the world. Come now I was born at night it wouldn't last night.
Just cause u think they can rack up on motorcycles more than cars is a joke. More cars in the country than bikes last I heard. People get insurance to make car legal then drop insurance to save money.
You make the argument bout motorcycle riding dirty but the bill says making it safer for us. my dad been riding for over 40 years didn't have m endorsement till bout ten years ago. Never got a ticket for no m either. Till they started cracking down on it.
Now proof to me that these roadblock will make it safer for us as motorcyclist. U can't other than no m endorsement r insurance. OK a select few get off the road. I don't see that making it safer by far. State collects @ 300 bucks but can b drop down to bout 100 if the guy goes get a insurance person to post date a insurance card. Bike gettin towed money goes to a tow company not state.

In last month two motorcyclist killed in Galveston county one coming from Mardi grass a drunk 17 year old hit and killed him while texting on his cell. The other women talking on her phone jumped lane over to go @ another car. I know these related to cell phones but people still have the nevere to still blame motorcycles to b unsafe.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #91
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

By the way thanks to all have sent this to ur congressman in d.c. hopefully we get heard on this issue. Money spent on b.s when should b going to other things. Also it trying to help the cause of them profiling us as the bad people cause we rather ride on 2 wheels than drive a cage.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #92
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Yes I know rick Perry rides but that don't mean he can't be persuaded. Politician in a whole r some the lying cheated and back stabbing people in the world. Come now I was born at night it wouldn't last night.
Just cause u think they can rack up on motorcycles more than cars is a joke. More cars in the country than bikes last I heard. People get insurance to make car legal then drop insurance to save money.
You make the argument bout motorcycle riding dirty but the bill says making it safer for us. my dad been riding for over 40 years didn't have m endorsement till bout ten years ago. Never got a ticket for no m either. Till they started cracking down on it.
Now proof to me that these roadblock will make it safer for us as motorcyclist. U can't other than no m endorsement r insurance. OK a select few get off the road. I don't see that making it safer by far. State collects @ 300 bucks but can b drop down to bout 100 if the guy goes get a insurance person to post date a insurance card. Bike gettin towed money goes to a tow company not state.

In last month two motorcyclist killed in Galveston county one coming from Mardi grass a drunk 17 year old hit and killed him while texting on his cell. The other women talking on her phone jumped lane over to go @ another car. I know these related to cell phones but people still have the nevere to still blame motorcycles to b unsafe.
Yea, we don't want more laws and the government taking our right away to text and run mother over. Does anyone on this forum own and drive a car?
Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #93
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

Bevo see this where u got it messed up. So ur saying the motorcycle was wrong to die because a cage wasn't paying full attention to what he or she was doing. Both of them will proablly get a slap on the wrist for the crime.

I own a cage I don't text while driving. Now I have speaker phone in my truck if I have to take the call I will on speaker or blue tooth but I'm paying attention. Due to the fact I am a motorcyclist so I know what I have been through with cars. 90 percent of my time home I'm on my bikes. my truck 2005 as only 35 k in miles. Both my bikes last year had over 19 k in one year. I'm only home 10 days out of each month.

So say what u want I just wanted people to know what's going on in our government that seems prejudice against us the motorcyclist. I hope if it did happen they put one on ur favorite roads to slow Ull down on r.r or the forest run. Sounds to me more people go down up on those roads they should be unsafe for a motorcycle to travel on.

I guess where all saints on the fourum .no one on this forum occasionally breaks the law by speeding on the roads or wheelies down the highway were all saints.. yeah right so those guys is what may bring this down upon us the that think they need to show off to the world look at me I'm on two whelps and I can break the law make my other motorcyclist pay for it.

Last edited by ravenphat; 03-12-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: oops
ravenphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #94
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Bevo see this where u got it messed up. So ur saying the motorcycle was wrong to die because a cage wasn't paying full attention to what he or she was doing. Both of them will proablly get a slap on the wrist for the crime.

I own a cage I don't text while driving. Now I have speaker phone in my truck if I have to take the call I will on speaker or blue tooth but I'm paying attention. Due to the fact I am a motorcyclist so I know what I have been through with cars. 90 percent of my time home I'm on my bikes. my truck 2005 as only 35 k in miles. Both my bikes last year had over 19 k in one year. I'm only home 10 days out of each month.

So say what u want I just wanted people to know what's going on in our government that seems prejudice against us the motorcyclist. I hope if it did happen they put one on ur favorite roads to slow Ull down on r.r or the forest run. Sounds to me more people go down up on those roads they should be unsafe for a motorcycle to travel on.

I guess where all saints on the fourum .no one on this forum occasionally breaks the law by speeding on the roads or wheelies down the highway were all saints.. yeah right so those guys is what may bring this down upon us the that think they need to show off to the world look at me I'm on two whelps and I can break the law make my other motorcyclist pay for it.
All I can say is that the cops never hassel me but I ride just a little bit. My current bike hit 14,000 miles in 1 year and 1 month.

Still, there are riders on this forum that don't want laws against texting and driving. Do you?

Advertisement