Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #61
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenphat View Post
Yes I can read and comprehend. In new York they have already started this. Basically from the reports there they had all bikes exit the highway. Why cars went by. Just like a truck weigh in station. If bikes went by a trooper was sent after them. Then u have more on ur plate like not stoping at a moc evading the police was tacked on for not stoping. Then whatever the moc gets u for.
So it basically got those coming and going. I might b a dumb redneck at times but dam I ain't that dumb. I see as this if they do this I want it for everybody not just us the motorcyclist Everyone. They say it will make highways safer. Proof it by just pulling us out the bunch don't proof safer highways. Basically its telling me its the motorcyclist vault if a person talking and or texting on there cell phone and runs a motorcycle of the road its the motorcycles vault. I say no but I guess Ull see it different.
I'm going to give you some advice, possibly some of the best you will ever receive on this forum.

Take the time to formulate your thoughts then write them down. Read them and see if they make sense to you. If they do not, rewrite them. Do this as many times as it takes.

Although your points may be valid they seem incomprehensible at times. A concise post would allow the message to reach their targets and gain the action you so desire from your fellow riders.

I don't think any human being is "dumb". I do believe that we are all capable.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Takes Action on Motorcycle Deaths blinkstafoo182 General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 10-12-2013 01:20 AM
Ducati contest...Call to action!! SGT USMC 0311 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 02-23-2012 02:31 PM
Federal agency unveils action plan for motorcycle safety NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-19-2007 07:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #62
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
We can't profile Muslims at the airport, but bikers are OK? no.
We do profile muslims at the airport. So that is an invalid argument.

mybanner4a260100b5617

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 03-09-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #63
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

ooouuuuuch......
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #64
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
So you're tell us that when they block the road ENTIRE road, they are going to wave all vehicles through excpet motorcycles?
This wouldn't be the first time Georgia did this. Nearly every spring, when the young calamari swam inland and purchased their new liter bikes (and then systematically proceeded to thin their schools by flying off of mountainsides and whacking into treelines), the GHP and local LEOs would increase their presence in the mountains. MOCs were not uncommon. They would have a police car or bike with the lights on and an officer standing near to instruct everyone to decrease speed. The next officers near the roadway would point at the passing bikes and wave them over to the side of the road for a check.

Sometimes they were cool and just told you to move on and be careful (I always rode with insurance and an MC endorsement), and other times they just looked for things to harass you on - always making the comment about how we needed to go somewhere else and stop riding like idiots on public streets. Some truth to that...

I never got a ticket, and most of the cops were cool - even though I was frequently on my R6 track bike that had no mirrors, turn signals or real headlights (I had a $20 foglight mounted under the Sharkskinz nose, the factory brake light and kept a license/insurance on it for when I wanted to ride it on the street).

They often used the same setup for pulling bikes over after clocking you with a hidden radar or laser. Most of the time, you'd never see the guy clocking. He'd be off in the woods with no visible police cars until you'd round the next bend and get waved to the shoulder. When riding the Southern Appalachians, beware of Smokey Bear in a ghillie suit hiding in a tree...
Old 03-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #65
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

The only problem I have against checkpoints is that even if the legislature's intent is legitimate: i.e. curbing unlicensed riding, inevitably the checkpoint will be used as a pretext and a shortcut by the local police.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #66
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):

checkpoints arent exactly commonplace anyway, i never even heard of them, much less seen one... really not feeling what the big deal is all about..
Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #67
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Even if the Feds are able to fund motorcycle checkpoints, Texas will not be affected.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #68
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

letter sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #69
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Reduction in traffic, less hassle from the cops, and reduced insurance costs.

Getting pulled over for a quick insurance/license check every once in a while is a fair trade. They're not invading our rights: you're still required to be insured and license. They're just going to step up enforcement. Fine by me. We are not given the freedom to be on the road illegally.
Where's YOUR line at? Randomly searching vehicles without probably cause? Coming into your house without a search warrant? Cavity searches? With your line of thinking, these things would be perfectly acceptable. After all, a person is still required to obey all laws. Therefore, if they have nothing to hide, let them do whatever the they want.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #70
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 R1

Signed and Sent!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #71
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
Where's YOUR line at? Randomly searching vehicles without probably cause? Coming into your house without a search warrant? Cavity searches? With your line of thinking, these things would be perfectly acceptable. After all, a person is still required to obey all laws. Therefore, if they have nothing to hide, let them do whatever the they want.
Immunity from checkpoints is not covered under the US Constitution. If you don't like rules, stay off the roads and the track. They have rules there too
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #72
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:
Do you consider 1984 your bible?

mybanner4a260100b5617
Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #73
FKNA

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Immunity from checkpoints is not covered under the US Constitution. If you don't like rules, stay off the roads and the track. They have rules there too
dude, let's go ahead and set up military check points all across the country...................NOT!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #74
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
dude, let's go ahead and set up military check points all across the country...................NOT!
Sounds good. Let's get the trash off the roads
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #75
FKNA

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
Do you consider 1984 your bible?
Very good book. I would recommend it's reading to everyone. Even though it is a book of fiction, it has a lot of relevance in today's world.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #76
kraka_jdm
Jo Jo

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2002 aprilia rsv mille
2002 honda shadow sabre(sold)
2003 ninja 250(sold)

sent
Old 03-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #77
The Black Sheepdog
Derp

Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
checkpoints arent exactly commonplace anyway, i never even heard of them, much less seen one... really not feeling what the big deal is all about..
This.

Like Bevo said, if you don't like rules and don't care to follow them, stay off the road and track. If you have everything covered, your tags, license, and insurance are in order, then you have nothing to fear from the big bad Man. If you're missing some or all of the items required by law to ride a motorcycle, then that's on you. Don't whine and complain when Mr. John Law hands you a ticket for riding without following the law's requirements. YOU made that decision to break the law, and YOU have earned that ticket. Plain and simple.

Really don't like it? Contact your local (or federal) state representative and tell them to change the law because you're butthurt about it.

I don't see the problem with roadblocks. If it means that more people are ticketed for operating vehicles outside the law, e.g. driving without insurance, then I'm all for it. It's a great revenue source (esp. in this economy) for the city & state, and maybe people will actually stop thinking they're better than the law and actually follow it. I used insurance as an example; remember, Texas has one of the highest uninsured motorist rates in the country. Thank those douchebags next time you pay your ridiculously high insurance premium.

Contrary to popular belief, driving is a privilage, not a right. Like all things, operating a motor vehicle comes with responsibility. It's a fact of life. Get over it or shut up, sit down, and get of the way.

Jus' sayin'.

Last edited by The Black Sheepdog; 03-10-2011 at 02:36 PM.
The Black Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #78
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

Well black sheepdog I'm not saying u wrong or right. But u think there going to make more of motorcyclist than they are on cages. I don't see that happening. Why just pull one over and not the other. Last I checked there still more cages out there than motorcycles.
Why should there b more prejudice against one than the other. The bill that as already seen the senate that pass just say motorcycles not cars trucks are big rigs just us on two wheels. Why shouldn't b for everyone then not just one type?
Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #79
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

Well black sheepdog I'm not saying u wrong or right. But u think there going to make more of motorcyclist than they are on cages. I don't see that happening. Why just pull one over and not the other. Last I checked there still more cages out there than motorcycles.
Why should there b more prejudice against one than the other. The bill that as already seen the senate that pass just say motorcycles not cars trucks are big rigs just us on two wheels. Why shouldn't b for everyone then not just one type?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #80
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

message sent
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement