MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
NitroHonda
Deaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pflugerville in the ATX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered






GSXR Haters???

I've noticed quite a few comments about GSXR riders. They got a bad rap or is it just folks not liking the bikes themselves?

I just got a GSXR myself so I want to better understand all the sterotypes that comes with it.

What gives????
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H-town Haters ANTISOCIAL Stunters Lounge 13 03-17-2009 02:10 PM
here's something for all u haters !@ hughes40 Off Topic 10 07-07-2008 07:47 AM
PITBULL HATERS Crystalline The Circus 564 05-04-2008 10:06 AM
wheelie haters!!! sbfuller General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 03-07-2008 11:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





It's got more to do with the riders than the bikes themselves.
IMO, it's not necessarily that owning a GSXR makes you a douchebag, it's that the majority of douchebags that decide to own a motorcycle choose a "gixxer".

Unfortunately for some of us somewhat genuine riders, there is lots of video and picture evidence to support gixxer hater's claims.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
NitroHonda
Deaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pflugerville in the ATX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered






Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
It's got more to do with the riders than the bikes themselves.
IMO, it's not necessarily that owning a GSXR makes you a douchebag, it's that the majority of douchebags that decide to own a motorcycle choose a "gixxer".

Unfortunately for some of us somewhat genuine riders, there is lots of video and picture evidence to support gixxer hater's claims.
In that case, what is it about the bike that attracts that sort. It can't be price.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
haOo
Ninja
 
haOo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 209

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 CBR 600rr









its not necessarily the bike specifically that attracts that sort. its just the "thing" around it. like my friend the other day was telling me that he was going to get one because everybody had one and it was so cool. i asked him why...

....

he said "because all the badasses have one."...

the "genuine" riders like above mentioned are different from the stereotypical GSXR owners. not to bash on gsxr owners at all because i have many friends that own them, its just that when looking from a whole ...ehhh you get the idea
haOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #5
R6G35
Senior Member
 
R6G35's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 R6 (sold)
09 R6 Track only
CR 85 super moto (sold)
Husky 610 (sold)






I seem to find alot of GSXR's forsale for cheap and this equals to cheap toys to wreck for douche bags.
I don't think it's the bike itself though
R6G35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #6
gradplanner
Senior Member
 
gradplanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 228

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 Gixxer 1000
02 Kawasaki Meanstreak-sold
94 Kawasaki ZX7R-sold
2009 ZX10-Coming in December






I own a Gixxer and I like it. I also love the ZX10r. From what I've heard and seen is that aftermarket parts are plentiful for the Gixxer and the Busa and that's why a lot of people purchase/ride them. Furthermore, those who don't know anything about bikes tend to praise Busas because of mainstream media "Biker Boyz". Me, I don't care what you ride. I had the chance to ride with a guy who had a Buell 1125r and I was impressed. Ride what you want and just enjoy it.
gradplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
ST675
01101000 01101001
 
ST675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,378

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80







every bike/brand has some type of stereotype. usually enforced by the minority of riders or those who don't ride. the rest of the riders are just glad to see fellow riders no matter what they are on....
__________________
That may be your first bike....but its not your last....
ST675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #8
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama
 
Perf_White_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,414

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3











Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
It's got more to do with the riders than the bikes themselves.
IMO, it's not necessarily that owning a GSXR makes you a douchebag, it's that the majority of douchebags that decide to own a motorcycle choose a "gixxer".

Unfortunately for some of us somewhat genuine riders, there is lots of video and picture evidence to support gixxer hater's claims.
yup, when a douche decides to get themselves a bike, they gravitate to either a gsxr or a ninja.

Maybe its cause it has an instantly recognizable nickname the gixxer or gixxxxxxer OR gixter depending upon who you are talking to.

Its not a bad bike, just douches have given it a bad rep.
__________________
"HATERS GON HATE" - FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT
Perf_White_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
zerobounds
Captain Concussion
 
zerobounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,279

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
70









gixxster.

say it.

gixxster.
__________________
zerobounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
ileono918
On hiatus
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 6,047

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Snooki from Jersey Shore rides a gixxer.

/ thread.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #11
duggy
noob rider
 
duggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 836

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
06 GSX-R 600 trackbike
08 ZX-10R





Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
gixxster.

say it.

gixxster.
duggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #12
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








I feel the same way about R6's
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #13
plummer
dude
 
plummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: dickinson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,509


Bike(s):
k8 600
k13 600








Quote:
Originally Posted by haOo View Post
its not necessarily the bike specifically that attracts that sort. its just the "thing" around it. like my friend the other day was telling me that he was going to get one because everybody had one and it was so cool. i asked him why...

....

he said "because all the badasses have one."...

the "genuine" riders like above mentioned are different from the stereotypical GSXR owners. not to bash on gsxr owners at all because i have many friends that own them, its just that when looking from a whole ...ehhh you get the idea
I guess your "genuine" on that 250r
plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #14
R6G35
Senior Member
 
R6G35's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 R6 (sold)
09 R6 Track only
CR 85 super moto (sold)
Husky 610 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I feel the same way about R6's
Let's not even start about Busas LOL
R6G35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #15
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by R6G35 View Post
Let's not even start about Busas LOL
Fire away
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #16
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






It's because the Suzuki GSXR has been the most common household name for a sport bike. When you say Ninja 650R or Augusta MV, not many know what you're exactly talking about.

Start talking about your GSXR, gixxer, gixter, and everyone has a story about how they rode one of their buddies. That's all.
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #17
Davekg
Honda Rider
 
Davekg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring / Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,888

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR









__________________

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #18
jgixer
Senior Member
 
jgixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 862

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1





99 zx9






as far as the bike, ive had gix tas and yamis and hondies and kowies. personaly i ride and have the most confidence with all three of my r6's, but the honda was bullet proof, i have a 636 and im not to keen on it (finicky lil biotch) love the 250 ninja. but the gsxr 600 06 model was ok, just was so cheaply made in imo, cheap parts are all around. now as far as the riders, there is douche bags on every make, its the person not the bike, ive seen educated men get a bike and turn to pieces of ka ka
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #19
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









Douches get more associated with gixxers.....why, don't know.


"he was being squidly on 610, pulling whoolies and " "He was on a gixxster, no wonder"


Kinda like

"he was latino, therefore there was a high chance he didn't have insurance"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #20
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Some just think it's cool to say they have a "gixxer". People that know nothing about bikes have heard people say "gixxer" so naturally if they decide they want a bike, they want the bike they keep hearing about. Seen it first hand too many times.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy