MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #61
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
33% chance of a crash on your SMR....I'll pass.
I will be setting up a ride to GSS for the March TD, or possibly a ride to Navasota/Forest. You're more than welcome to see how my rides are setup.

Just face it man, you leave out all the other riders besides your "regulars" with a caveat of "Ride at your own level/pace" instead of including them and general care of human well being.
33% really? and HOW did you crunch those numbers? remember 52 sundays a year times 6 years..312 potential Sunday rides (give or take about 25 due to inclement weather)...and WHERE are you getting your figures for number of crashes...do you know exactly how many wrecks in the last 6 years?

MANY track days have non fatal crashes too..is the track unsafe?

if you need tutoring in algebra..i can help you if you want.
.... too much of a rookie for an experienced ego.. Lucar General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-21-2014 05:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #62
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
33% really? and HOW did you crunch those numbers? remember 52 sundays a year times 6 years..312 potential Sunday rides (give or take about 25 due to inclement weather)...and WHERE are you getting your figures for number of crashes...do you know exactly how many wrecks in the last 6 years?

MANY track days have non fatal crashes too..is the track unsafe?

if you need tutoring in algebra..i can help you if you want.
OOOO BURN.
33% is 2/6. That's called a fraction.

Welcome to the conversation, we've been talking short term, recent activity. There is 6 SMR's setup so far this year. (If I can even keep pace)
Freddead and Bart wrecked that equals 2.

Let me know if you need tutoring in the 4 basic math principals.

Last edited by Senator; 03-07-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: edit: principles....maybe you can help with my english today though.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #63
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
OOOO BURN.
33% is 2/6. That's called a fraction.

Welcome to the conversation, we've been talking short term, recent activity. There is 6 SMR's setup so far this year. (If I can even keep pace)
Freddead and Bart wrecked that equals 2.

Let me know if you need tutoring in the 4 basic math principals.
i'm pretty sure my degree in mathematics taught me all i know..

additionally, since this entire conversation is so full of generalizations, it is safe to argue that we should be looking at SMRs in general...which again, has been going on for 6 years.

and you still haven't commented on my track day question
Old 03-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #64
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
33% chance of a crash on your SMR....I'll pass.
I will be setting up a ride to GSS for the March TD, or possibly a ride to Navasota/Forest. You're more than welcome to see how my rides are setup.

Just face it man, you leave out all the other riders besides your "regulars" with a caveat of "Ride at your own level/pace" instead of including them and general care of human well being.
Actually i already knew the answer but thanks for confirming that you are just all talk and no action....... if it makes it easy, we can have a smaller group with just the regular riders and "no new riders" at all, that will cut the chance of crash to a relatively low 1% on top of that i am putting 2 bills on the table for taking your time to share your knowledge with our group and putting your techniques into action, all in the name of safety and care of human being, so what do you say coach?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #65
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

This is why I like to ride all by myself.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #66
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Actually i already knew the answer but thanks for confirming that you are just all talk and no action....... if it makes it easy, we can have a smaller group with just the regular riders and "no new riders" at all, that will cut the chance of crash to a relatively low 1% on top of that i am putting 2 bills on the table for taking your time to share your knowledge with our group and putting your techniques into action, all in the name of safety and care of human being, so what do you say coach?
Your "regulars" don't need to be looked after. In addition, I don't ride as fast as your regulars on the street. When did this become a match of whose fast or not? Never stated that.

I'll gladly lead a group of the middle riders and noobs so they can learn a bit and come back safely.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #67
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
The best advice is the one you give to yourself, after that first corner that you have that "oh " moment your first reaction should be to slow down and not keep going at the same pace..... i know that track day organizers are a business and will not let this incident go to waste without pushing some......"take it to the track sales pitch"!

Now in all seriousness, leadership only works for those who are willing to listen! Ultimately it is "The Rider Himself" who is in "Total Control" of his right hand and the throttle, no one else!

From my experience riding in groups, even the most organized rides have accidents! Whenever you have a large group of riders down any stretch of road "boring or not" you are subject to the same chances of a rider going down for whatever reason. The only way to have fewer incidents is to ride in a smaller group with riders that have similar skills and where you know how each person rides!

Thanks for this post!! I like it when a responsible young man like myself is rational in his responses.

I was starting to think I was on Facebook...or was getting lectured to by the "best riders" on here....

Most of us have an idea of where we are in skill level, but it is only me who has my hand on the throttle.
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #68
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #69
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post

Thanks for this post!! I like it when a responsible young man like myself is rational in his responses.

I was starting to think I was on Facebook...or was getting lectured to by the "best riders" on here....

Most of us have an idea of where we are in skill level, but it is only me who has my hand on the throttle.
That is completely correct, nobody have power over your brain to make you do things you do not want to do!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #70
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
if it makes it easy, we can have a smaller group with just the regular riders and "no new riders" at all, that will cut the chance of crash to a relatively low 1%
EXACTLY!!!! Why don't you do that all the time??

Your "rides" are obviously misleading when open to the general public.
Gosh, it took all those words to get that realization.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #71
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
I say again...

Upper leadership transcends lower followers.

The SMR leader throws down two bills to have another MH member "instruct" his group...you sure you aren't the source of the need to raise egos in your group? Are you for real dude? How much more transparent does this have to be?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #72
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Your "regulars" don't need to be looked after. In addition, I don't ride as fast as your regulars on the street. When did this become a match of whose fast or not? Never stated that.

I'll gladly lead a group of the middle riders and noobs so they can learn a bit and come back safely.
nobody said anything about who is fast or not.... the subject here is that you dont like the way we handle our SMRs and have the perfect solution to combat future incidents due to your experience in putting together other rides before. All i was saying is that being the good MC community member that you are and total care for the well beings of other riders i extended my invitation for you to show us how we can cut down on accident rates during our rides, in no part of my writings did i mention let's see who is fast or slow. I am looking for a solution that you seem to have and i am willing to pay you if you can implement it, that is all
Old 03-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #73
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

this thread made my day go by fast thanks guy's
Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #74
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
Ok, so I was, and still am a Newb so I just want to put this out there for feed back. I think I made a classic mistake when I went down on my bike. I got over confident and rode over my skill level(completely my fault). My question, or observation is this, I noticed that when I rode by myself, because of inexperience, I would sometimes find my self in trouble, but when I followed a seasoned rider I actually not only felt, but rode more Comfortably and faster, simply because I could see and follow there UT in points in a turn. I found it easy when matching there speed and turn paths, so I guess my question is this. When I do get my next bike, is there a school for this or is there a rider that will take the time to teach me these things you guys keep arguing about...

By the way I know I'm not the only Newb that feels this way, and not all of us can afford the track.

I may however be the only one brave enough to say it...

I'm still a newb too!!! Whooo Hooo..
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #75
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:

can you explain misleading please and show proof of your accusation?

Arent you going to post a ride to GSS? why do you do it? duh.......
Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #76
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
i'm pretty sure my degree in mathematics taught me all i know..

additionally, since this entire conversation is so full of generalizations, it is safe to argue that we should be looking at SMRs in general...which again, has been going on for 6 years.

and you still haven't commented on my track day question
^this

Quote:

curious...can you show us an SMR thread on MH that is misleading?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #77
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
I say again...

Upper leadership transcends lower followers.

The SMR leader throws down two bills to have another MH member "instruct" his group...you sure you aren't the source of the need to raise egos in your group? Are you for real dude? How much more transparent does this have to be?
i am total transparent here but you seem too blind to actually see it..... whatever it is, a product or service.... if i like it then i buy it, plain and simple, now Senator have some knowledge gained from posting 4 rides since last year and i would love to give it a try if it can only help our SMRs be a lot safer, can you put a price on safety?

egos in our group? have you met any of us before? if you havent then please dont pass judgements on people you dont know personally, there are a lot of regulars that don't post on mh so please keep those comments to yourself in the future.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #78
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

I thought this was Ironic...see post #6.
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=169406

Do I really need to do research for you? lol.
Also, I don't advertise every ride that I do on the boards. Keep it safe right?!
Also, the rides I have signed up for, I have choosen to sweep and/or lead different groups at the riders meeting. Don't comment about what you don't know.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #79
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:

Also, I don't advertise every ride that I do on the boards. Keep it safe right?!
Also, the rides I have signed up for, I have choosen to sweep and/or lead different groups at the riders meeting. Don't comment about what you don't know.
really? that's the rebuttal? if you want to really split hairs then fine..

all parties who crashed in the recent SMRs made it home safe...no major injuries, no broken bones, no spilled blood...no deaths.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #80
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:

yeah i knew that was coming lol

Also i can fly, but only between the hours of 4am-4:05am and when no one is looking!

I wont comment on what i dont know, what i will is to get back to my offer? Can you come out to show us some safety tips that will safe future new riders from going down?

Advertisement