MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #41
HMFIC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
With the new vettes the trans is pretty limiting, frustrating to say the least.
The auto or the 6sp?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c6 vs terminator Japawhat02 Car Forum 29 10-27-2014 10:34 AM
Corvette vs box truck= Corvette loses. Joshua42007 Off Topic 15 03-08-2013 06:11 AM
anyone know?? black bike down on 45s and 610 rider dead superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 04-07-2011 09:04 AM
Idiot in White C6 ormand Off Topic 23 09-05-2010 04:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #42
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Really? the 6l80s?

I thought they were pretty tough?

My GF's G8 with the 6l80e runs 13.00s@107, has 28k miles on it and weighs 4200lbs and the tranny still shifts great (with the tune).... BUT its not that much power and not that fast....

I know 6 spd manuals are always breaking though....I had an M6 Formula and a M6 Trans Am.... I broked the Formula's T56 3 times before 23k miles when I sold it. My Trans Am T56 held up pretty well but I had a lot of clutch hydraulic issues...

Autos for me from now on...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #43
BT03mach-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
That on the spray? good mph....

Do you remember what your 1/8 mph was?

yeah. its like 7.9 and 8.0. I'm scared to bust the rear so i launch off idle and don't get on it till middle of second. when people want to run they always ask what it runs at the track and i say low 12's lol they never ask what it traps!!!
BT03mach-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #44
BT03mach-1

Quote:
Mine is a 05 with the weak rear end. they say 9 times out of 10 when you bust the rear it also takes out the trans also. that ends up being a big BILL
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #45
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Trackdays: 3

My C6 vert (6 spd manual) went 12.76 bone stock (full air in tires). I thought that was quite decent for straight from GM.
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #46
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
So AKS, just spray a small shot thru the first 3 to get the 60 back up..
You are missing the point, the boost is backed off in the lower gears because of the inability to transfer the power, and I am still on the edge. Slicks, DRs, it does not matter.

Big boost has a way of eliminating traction.
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #47
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS_Racing View Post
You are missing the point, the boost is backed off in the lower gears because of the inability to transfer the power, and I am still on the edge. Slicks, DRs, it does not matter.

You running an AMS1000? Put a light spring in the gate and ramp it all in with the AMS..... Ofcourse I have no idea what your car, engine, turbo setup, chasis is..... I am just saying "in general"...You are gonna have to ramp in it smooth and slow if you are talking big power....but if there is no chassis work, you are fighting a battle...

I have the same problem with my busa... it doesn't ET or even MPH NEAR what it should for the power it makes....but the chassis is not setup for drag racing, nor is the clutch....and even with good boost control the bike doesnt leave well....Sux...but....if I wanted a drag bike, I would have built one.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #48
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Really? the 6l80s?

I thought they were pretty tough?

My GF's G8 with the 6l80e runs 13.00s@107, has 28k miles on it and weighs 4200lbs and the tranny still shifts great (with the tune).... BUT its not that much power and not that fast....

Autos for me from now on...
I hear you on that, I sometimes regret my choice of a 6 speed in the Challenger.

The 6180e in my Camaro has been holding up well so far. I've got almost 4k miles on it behind a 6.2 with 498 rwhp. My bigger concern is the axles on the irs diff.
I've been considering adding headers, a fuel system upgrade and 4 psi. more boost and get to 560-580 rwhp or so but I need to upgrade the axles first.
It probably won't happen anytime soon if at all though.
I'm knee deep in the Mopar right know and frankly the Camaro is my DD and it's pretty damned quick as it sits.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #49
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS_Racing View Post

I know all about that.. I had trouble at 16.5 psi with Hoosier QT tires on my 68 Camaro.. but it is fun on the street sometimes...

Sometimes tho, a good shock will plant the tires better than the long hard pull of the turbos. All depends on the chassis setup.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #50
JetG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I hear you on that, I sometimes regret my choice of a 6 speed in the Challenger.

The 6180e in my Camaro has been holding up well so far. I've got almost 4k miles on it behind a 6.2 with 498 rwhp. My bigger concern is the axles on the irs diff.
I've been considering adding headers, a fuel system upgrade and 4 psi. more boost and get to 560-580 rwhp or so but I need to upgrade the axles first.
It probably won't happen anytime soon if at all though.
I'm knee deep in the Mopar right know and frankly the Camaro is my DD and it's pretty damned quick as it sits.
I would take it is a 10+ camaro, with L99 auto ?? With maggie or ???? How much boost your running now ???

I have a M6, 2011 with cam,headers,intake and tune 465 at the moment. Will be doing motor work and also boost in the near future. Probably start out at 650-700 rwhp and move up from there. But looking at pro-charger and DSS axles, and upgrade the TR6060 output shaft, driveshaft.

I have a friend with a 08 Z06, that is pro-charged, just upped the boost, and bought the race version pro-charger, and has done nothing to his IRS. He doesnt race is all the time, more hwy rolls, and was pushing 900+ rwhp before, looking at 1050+ now. Only upgrade he has done is the clutch, but then again he doesnt dump the clutch either, other wise the rear would be toast for sure.

J
Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #51
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

L99 with 6 psi. of boost, not much else except a muffler delete and an ADM intake and a really good tune.
I'm real happy with it in it's current form. I get 15-16 mpg city and 24 highway, and it starts, idles and runs happily in traffic with no overheating issues.
It's quick enough that I've embarrassed a few C6's with it and to be honest even with 295's on the back I have trouble getting traction when I need it. For a DD much more would probably be overkill and may make it less fun to drive.

Back to the driveline issues;
From what I've seen on the Camaros when run at the strip much over 550rwhp and they start having driveline issues, the M6 more so.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #52
BT03mach-1

Did you use to have a yellow c5zo6? jetg
Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #53
JetG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT03mach-1 View Post
Did you use to have a yellow c5zo6? jetg
Yep same person
Old 03-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #54
JetG

Quote:
L99 with 6 psi. of boost, not much else except a muffler delete and an ADM intake and a really good tune.
I'm real happy with it in it's current form. I get 15-16 mpg city and 24 highway, and it starts, idles and runs happily in traffic with no overheating issues.
It's quick enough that I've embarrassed a few C6's with it and to be honest even with 295's on the back I have trouble getting traction when I need it. For a DD much more would probably be overkill and may make it less fun to drive.

Back to the driveline issues;
From what I've seen on the Camaros when run at the strip much over 550rwhp and they start having driveline issues, the M6 more so.
Drive line on the M6 is from the shock to the driveline in compairson to the auto. But the auto is the L99 and takes more money to convert from the VVT to the LS3, so I opted to get the M6. The issues that I have seen are the axles, output shafts, and twisting off the driveshaft due to the smaller bolts holding it on. Which the driveshaft is also a issue for the auto. But when you get up in power on a auto, you have to beef it up also. When I do my build it will be a HKE 416, all forged with pro-charger, but been thinking about whipple or maggie, but once the motor goes in I will up the boost. The clutch will have to be replaced, and will run seperate resevior for the brakes and clutch as stock they are run together. The axels and driveshaft will also be replaced. But I also am not looking to run a lot at the track, just more play toy for me, but the end goal for me would be upwards of 800+ rwhp. It only takes money and time, and looking to have the blower on it around june/july and run 8 or so PSI which would put me with my current mods around 700rwhp or so. Then start building a motor, and up the boost.

J
Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #55
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Wait you were on the HPD cruise in a black C6...

Were you rolling with a guy black C6 Z06?

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #56
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetG View Post
Drive line on the M6 is from the shock to the driveline in compairson to the auto. But the auto is the L99 and takes more money to convert from the VVT to the LS3, so I opted to get the M6.
J
It depends on what cam you choose.
I typically like to change the lifters at the same time I install a new cam so there's no real cost differential between the L99 and the LS3 and other than the cam and lifter the engines are identical. Once you disable the AFE with a tune it pretty much takes the VVT out of the circuit. Granted every other lifter is still a vvt lifter, but unless you plan on spinning it a bunch past redline there's been no issues leaving them in.
When I drove the M6 Camaro I didn't care for it. The shifting was notchy and the clutch vague and released at the top of the pedal, the one in my Mopar works much better.

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090

Last edited by Patrick; 03-09-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #57
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

All this talk... gonna have to put the twins on the Monte SS when I get the motor/T56 swap done..
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #58
BT03mach-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
Wait you were on the HPD cruise in a black C6...

Were you rolling with a guy black C6 Z06?
no i was not with them. i was with the xplicit people. marron cammed TBSS, little red (older red dodge diesel) and a couple of GTO's.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #59
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT03mach-1 View Post
no i was not with them. i was with the xplicit people. marron cammed TBSS, little red (older red dodge diesel) and a couple of GTO's.
The dodge diesel was cool. I haven't seen a powerwagon since I was a little kid.

Just checking, that guy me off on the HPD cruise

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #60
JetG

Quote:
It depends on what cam you choose.
I typically like to change the lifters at the same time I install a new cam so there's no real cost differential between the L99 and the LS3 and other than the cam and lifter the engines are identical. Once you disable the AFE with a tune it pretty much takes the VVT out of the circuit. Granted every other lifter is still a vvt lifter, but unless you plan on spinning it a bunch past redline there's been no issues leaving them in.
When I drove the M6 Camaro I didn't care for it. The shifting was notchy and the clutch vague and released at the top of the pedal, the one in my Mopar works much better.
I will be doing lifters and going probably with Morel, due to the issues they have had with lifters on the Camaro. I will do it when I do heads, but the issue with heads on these cars is not much gain as the heads are actually pretty good heads from the factory. But I went ahead and got the TSP cam, and will be changing it out to a blower cam anyways.

I didnt want a auto, as it will be more of a street play car and wanted the M6. I understand the notchy and vague clutch. I plan on changind out for a short throw, and also a new clutch.

Advertisement