Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|03-04-2011, 11:28 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Experience: 10+ years
stole this from anaother forum
In 1923, who was:
1. President of the largest steel company?
2.. President of the largest gas company?
3. President of the New York stock Exchange?
4. Greatest wheat speculator?
5. President of the Bank of International Settlement?
6. Great Bear of Wall Street?
These men were considered some of the world’s most successful of their days..
Now, 88 years later, the history book asks us, if we know what ultimately became of them..
1. The president of the largest steel company. Charles Schwab, died a pauper.
2. The president of the largest gas company, Edward Hopson, went insane.
3. The president of the NYSE, Richard Whitney, was released from prison to die at home.
4. The greatest wheat speculator, Arthur Cooger, died abroad, penniless.
5. The president of the Bank of International Settlement, shot himself.
6 The Great Bear of Wall Street, Cosabee Livermore, also committed suicide
In that same year, 1923, the winner of the world’s most important road race, the Isle of Man T.T., was
What became of him?
He won 10 T.T. races between 1923 and 1939,
He lived on the Isle of Man and rode motorcycles all his life. He lapped the island circuit at 82 mph in 1957 (The Golden Jubilee) aged 54
He was a wealthy man when he died aged 90.
Forget work; ride motorbikes.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Someone stole my car||Zephyr||Car Forum||21||10-12-2013 11:09 AM|
|Other Forum Rant / Car Audio Forum?||MiniG0D||Off Topic||5||05-22-2011 12:38 AM|
|they stole it,||miguel!!||Stunters Lounge||15||01-06-2010 03:03 PM|
|SOMEONE STOLE MY GIXXER!!!!!||amber|alexis||Off Topic||69||05-02-2008 12:09 PM|
|He stole my what?!||scrapp||Off Topic||20||01-30-2007 08:02 PM|
|03-04-2011, 11:36 AM||#2|
Wheelie it son..
Join Date: Dec 2008
Feedback Rating: (4)
I like that
|03-04-2011, 06:13 PM||#10|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Experience: 1 year
Also greatest bear ever = Wojtek