MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #21
CodyGP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Cool right there. I was tested in bootcamp for intel, but failed miserably because i couldn't stay awake for the test, LOL. I was known for falling asleep on my feet I think my DI' S thought I had narcolepsy
No kidding man, they put you in that room, slap some sound proof headphones on you and walk away... first time in a solid month that you've had a second of alone time. I don't know how I stayed awake enough to pass, but I do remember nodding off between the di's and dah's haha. We had a few kids that would close their eyes and hang their mouthes WIDE open while on line... hilarious .

What was your MOS, and when did you get out?
CodyGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Valet Kills Rider Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 08-20-2013 08:45 AM
Houston Rider Vlog hfp3030 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 07-25-2013 05:29 PM
to some houston rider with a red sv loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 01-24-2010 11:52 PM
lost a houston rider..from HI 2XTURBO General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 11-15-2006 02:42 PM
LOOK AT THIS SQUID HOUSTON RIDER!?!?! OutlawDCustoMs General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 06-08-2006 12:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #22
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
No kidding man, they put you in that room, slap some sound proof headphones on you and walk away... first time in a solid month that you've had a second of alone time. I don't know how I stayed awake enough to pass, but I do remember nodding off between the di's and dah's haha. We had a few kids that would close their eyes and hang their mouthes WIDE open while on line... hilarious .

What was your MOS, and when did you get out?
0311 and Marksmanship Instructor. Got out in 2001.

It was even worse when I they tried to test my hearing. It was so bad they said I would have to come back later
Old 03-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #23
Nowell

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2010 ZX-6R
07 DRZ400 SM SOLD!
96 VS800 Intruder Bobber (rat bike from ) SOLD!

Welcome to MH. Figured I would throw in on the MOS talk.

Went in 03 open (yea yea), started 0313 (LAV Crewman). OJT picked up 0311 when I was assigned to the Scouts in our LAR unit. Towards the end of my stint went to CWSI school (think 8563?) and ran swim qual for the company, and the boots. Let me tell you, I have some funny a$$ stories of idiots that couldn't swim, or were to stupid to know better.

Good times though, good times!
Nowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #24
Grimace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowell View Post
Welcome to MH. Figured I would throw in on the MOS talk.

Went in 03 open (yea yea), started 0313 (LAV Crewman). OJT picked up 0311 when I was assigned to the Scouts in our LAR unit. Towards the end of my stint went to CWSI school (think 8563?) and ran swim qual for the company, and the boots. Let me tell you, I have some funny a$$ stories of idiots that couldn't swim, or were to stupid to know better.

Good times though, good times!
You ...
Old 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
Nowell

Bike(s):
2010 ZX-6R
07 DRZ400 SM SOLD!

Quote:
You ...
Don't tell me you were one of those that would sit on the bottom of the pool in full gear and just stare up at me? Man, we used to laugh at those guys waiting to see if they were gonna to drink the pool, or at least try and flail about. Ultimately I had to give em the pole, but ...
Old 03-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #26
Grimace

Quote:
Don't tell me you were one of those that would sit on the bottom of the pool in full gear and just stare up at me? Man, we used to laugh at those guys waiting to see if they were gonna to drink the pool, or at least try and flail about. Ultimately I had to give em the pole, but ...
I nearly drown when I was about four, and I would freak the out so bad when my head was under water that I tried to hit a DI when he pushed me away from the edge. It wasn't malicious, as I was so panicked that I thought I was going die, that he let it go for the most part (believe it or not). I certainly did not sit on the bottom of the pool. , my older cousin thought it would be funny to hold my head under water when we were kids and I near broke his nose with my elbow. After a of a lot of work in the pool at Camp Hansen (OK), I managed to stay on the bottom for 5 minutes with the aid of a rubber brick, but it is something that I have to maintain or I start freaking out again.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #27
Nowell

Bike(s):
2010 ZX-6R
07 DRZ400 SM SOLD!

Quote:
I nearly drown when I was about four, and I would freak the out so bad when my head was under water that I tried to hit a DI when he pushed me away from the edge. It wasn't malicious, as I was so panicked that I thought I was going die, that he let it go for the most part (believe it or not). I certainly did not sit on the bottom of the pool. , my older cousin thought it would be funny to hold my head under water when we were kids and I near broke his nose with my elbow. After a of a lot of work in the pool at Camp Hansen (OK), I managed to stay on the bottom for 5 minutes with the aid of a rubber brick, but it is something that I have to maintain or I start freaking out again.
I got ya. There is a huge difference between the people that are actually scared, and the idiots. You can definately see it in their eyes. I wouldn't have given you either for hitting me. , most of the swim instructors I worked with were really cool people. The ones I have stories about are the guys you talk to ahead of time before they go up the tower, and you ask them

ME: "Are you ready? You can swim right? Your not going to freak out on me?"
THEM "Yea"
ME: looking doubtful "Yea, ok, up the tower"
ME: yelling "LOOK DOWN! LOOK UP! LOOK AT THE HORIZON AND STEP OFF"

If I had to say that more than twice, I knew I would be fishing them off the bottom.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #28
Grimace

Quote:
I got ya. There is a huge difference between the people that are actually scared, and the idiots. You can definately see it in their eyes. I wouldn't have given you either for hitting me. , most of the swim instructors I worked with were really cool people. The ones I have stories about are the guys you talk to ahead of time before they go up the tower, and you ask them

ME: "Are you ready? You can swim right? Your not going to freak out on me?"
THEM "Yea"
ME: looking doubtful "Yea, ok, up the tower"
ME: yelling "LOOK DOWN! LOOK UP! LOOK AT THE HORIZON AND STEP OFF"

If I had to say that more than twice, I knew I would be fishing them off the bottom.
LOL
Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #29
CodyGP

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

man SwimQual was the WORST. I never thought I was a bad swimmer, to be honest I always considered myself a strong to VERY strong swimmer... until you strap 20lbs of gear on me and a big rubber rifle. I can smell the chlorine as I type this... I must have inhaled 2 gallons of water that week.

I still remember finally making it after 2 attempts across the pool on the backstroke portion, my head underwater for 90% of the time, getting to the end of the pool and trying to pull myself out, tossed one leg up and BOOM... every muscle in my body tenses up and I fall back in and sink like a stone haha.

Passed it, thats all that matters. Good times man, I'd give anything to go back to day one on those yellow footprints and do it all over again.
CodyGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #30
Grimace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
man SwimQual was the WORST. I never thought I was a bad swimmer, to be honest I always considered myself a strong to VERY strong swimmer... until you strap 20lbs of gear on me and a big rubber rifle. I can smell the chlorine as I type this... I must have inhaled 2 gallons of water that week.

I still remember finally making it after 2 attempts across the pool on the backstroke portion, my head underwater for 90% of the time, getting to the end of the pool and trying to pull myself out, tossed one leg up and BOOM... every muscle in my body tenses up and I fall back in and sink like a stone haha.

Passed it, thats all that matters. Good times man, I'd give anything to go back to day one on those yellow footprints and do it all over again.
LOL, my memories sustain me quite sufficiently I say been there, done that, and got what's left of my uniforms (that my ex didn't keep out of spite, long story etc etc) to prove it Though I wanted to go back for the boots I helped train (poorly in my mind due to complex and various reasons), the only way the US government is going to put a firearm in my hands again (without a big change in policy) is if we are being overrun. I have accepted that, and moved on. It is better than feeling sorry for myself.

EDIT: Goddammit, now I'm crying again.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #31
Cap'n Stab'n
GET IN MY VAN!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Honda VTX 1300C
1984 Yamaha 750 Seca (sold)

emoticon object 073
Cap'n, i'd like to give you the honorary position of V.P. of this epic Redhead thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
I feel like someone just hate- my brain.
Cap'n Stab'n is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement