MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #21
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
Thanks for all input guys real nice that you guys don't bash me like some of the other forums I've been on, basically talking down on me because I DON'T haven r1 or gsxr/r6 and consider my bike a girls bike. But anyways its nice to know I can ask even a stupid question and get a legit answer. I'll try the wd40 thing and do what bevo said. Again, thanks guys.
hey man if you have any question, i have the repair book, ill help in any way i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So, I went fishing for the first time...pics included dbuck Off Topic 25 10-12-2010 04:58 PM
pumping gas FAIL... pics included dbuck Off Topic 11 11-30-2009 07:42 PM
GMC Envoy-1 : Honda 600rr-0 Pics included! dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-09-2009 09:42 AM
got teh genital rash (pics included) Azylum Off Topic 64 06-13-2009 04:15 PM
What is the this nut welded to my frame? pics included MudBug General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 02-03-2009 07:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #22
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
And if you ride an SV like Perf you have us to do it.
exactly.

Kinda glad I had you guys do the rearsets, i would have been trying to get the old rearsets off.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #23
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
If you swing by I'll show you how to properly lube and adjust your chain and go over some other points to take care of, no charge.
Floyd, fwiw I don't recommend using a pressure washer on a bike. The high pressure and caustic soap winds up in places it shouldn't and can cause electrical and mechanical issues. Like the axle in the 954 I had to cut out with a torch the other day.
Washing your bike with soap and water is fine, I do mine all of the time, but stay away from pressure washers.
Thanks patric.
I use it on my fairings and wheels only,and i dont put too much water and too much presure. Lol.... u have my bike, so u tell me what it looks like. Lol...

If riding in the rain doent f* your bike up then a little bit of soup and water shouldn't ether. Lol
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #24
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
Thanks patric.
I use it on my fairings and wheels only,and i dont put too much water and too much presure. Lol.... u have my bike, so u tell me what it looks like. Lol...

If riding in the rain doent f* your bike up then a little bit of soup and water shouldn't ether. Lol
Pressure washers = BAD (when you are using them on motorcycles)
Like Patrick said, you can get soap and water in places you don't want it, like wheel bearings and elec connections.
It's not the soap or the water, it's the pressure. It can be done with great care but it is better to use S100 and a garden hose.
I like S100 because you spray it on, and rinse it off. Boom, bikes clean! Dry it with a towel and you're done.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #25
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

I think yall getting the wrong idea... im not talking aboit pressure washer like the one they use to clean and wash walls or a presure washer that would rip off the paint of your bike. Im talking about a very light... so light that u can put yoir hands and nothing happents.

I gest when u said presure the first thing that comes in mind is presure whashing the off the walls.....lol
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #26
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Pressure washers = BAD (when you are using them on motorcycles)
Like Patrick said, you can get soap and water in places you don't want it, like wheel bearings and elec connections.
It's not the soap or the water, it's the pressure. It can be done with great care but it is better to use S100 and a garden hose.
I like S100 because you spray it on, and rinse it off. Boom, bikes clean! Dry it with a towel and you're done.
BAD???.... LOL... i have done it on my bike for about 2 yrs now! (and never had any problems)
Patric please let me know if there is anything that my bike has wrong with for pressure washing it....
Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #27
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

maybe i haven't had a problem with it because I'm not trying to put water in places i shouldn't be.. LOL..
Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #28
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

ajax

I give the engine a good cleaning by forcing water into the ram air intake and exhaust.

Seriously, the owner's manual tells you how to wash your bike and where to be careful about spraying water. If you use anything more than a water hose, you're risking getting water into a place where you don't want it.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement