MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #21
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

Feedback Rating: (0)

dumb question...
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Squid theManofRussia General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 12-11-2012 03:03 AM
squid ALLWAYS12 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 11-22-2010 12:26 AM
This is a Squid... Ulric General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-10-2010 12:27 AM
SQUID!!!!! 1slocbr General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-03-2009 02:52 PM
squid... flip326 Off Topic 11 07-04-2006 01:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #22
1FastMF

Member Garage

Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike: 03 CBR 600RR
Send a message via AIM to Solracer

one of motohoustons first official trips to galveston... lol

Ur all "squids" cause your wearing shorts and t-shirts????
Old 09-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #23
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Personally 95% time it's full gear or pretty close. Gear is good!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #24
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

are you copying an pasting the whole text and user box, then trying to pass it off as a quote? must be one of the losers that post on MH.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #25
1FastMF

Member Garage

Ya I'm a loser sorry I don't spend my whole life here to know how it all works.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #26
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastMF
Ya I'm a loser sorry I don't spend my whole life here to know how it all works.
all you have to do is press the quote button on the lower right side. its not about spending all your time here, just a little computer knowledge, not a lot.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #27
1FastMF

Member Garage

Thanks for telling me that I appreciate it. Why do you feel you need to call someone a loser the first time ???:BangHead:
Old 09-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #28
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Thanks for telling me that I appreciate it. Why do you feel you need to call someone a loser the first time ???:BangHead:
because of what you said of the people's opinion that post here. this is your direct quote from the first page. no big deal, lets move on.

Quote:
Wrong place to ask !!! Alot here will say your a squid whatever the that means ?? Losers. My opinion...the choice is yours as long as you think about the possible consequences. One day I was riding in shorts cause I felt like it, some dumb on a harley not wearing a helmet says to me at the red lite..."Hey wears your pants???" I was like??? Where's your helmet ?? Too me...Too each his own...unless your out to be like someone else or impress someone else and besides...who cares what others think !!!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #29
1FastMF

Member Garage

And am I not entitled to my opinion ??? I had a friend a few yrs back that never wore a helmet cause he felt that if he had a wreck he didn't want to survive it. Did I judge him for it?? No. Did he have a wreck.... ya slammed into the back of a parked van impaired at 80 miles hr. Did i judge him No, did I stand bedide him and help him get better??? ya !!!! We're all on the same team here why judge one an other ????
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #30
1FastMF

Member Garage

I just can't believe how much annimosity there is here. me off. Like some of us are better than others???
Old 09-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #31
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Haha.. You got to be able to take it , if you wanna dish it out on here. Dont worry. Its the web.
But seriously.
its your choice but remember it affects all riders when an unprotected rider goes down and is injured or killed and files claims with insurance. Every recorded accident will affect rates for insurance for that model--ie. sportbikes, cruiser, standard. You might not see the big picture but if you add all the combined accident figures for particular models the ginormous insurance rates for sportbikes seems justified.
Try not to speak through your when you say that MH has losers that jump on every squid remark.
You might think your choice to not wear gear affects you only, but your wrong. It affects all one way or another.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #32
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
you know this whole squid deal is kinda dumb. its like pickin on the fat kid in school when actuality he is really nice. i mean yes gear is great. don't get me wrong. but i don't wear it ALL the time, yes i know i should, but i'm not anyones babysitter either. people are old enough to make their own judgments. it is just a rediculous word that people use to get at somoene else or call them out. i don't know, we are all here to ride yes safety first should be key. but i'm not anyone's dad either. and on my first ride all i wore was jeans and a t-shirt and helmet on my first ride and i'm sure i was called a squid at one point or another but it i know my abilities and what i can and can't do.. i'm done to each their own i guess.
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #33
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

think about it this way.... i was wearing all my gear. and i got hit by a uninsured motorist doing 60mph... it put me out of work and school for three weeks.. unable to walk or stand long enough to go pee... i got 3rd degree road burn from it and i was wearing gear.. how bad do you think it would be if i was wearing shorts, a shirt and flip flops? or worse yet no lid... i know for a fact that if i didnt have on my helmet id be dead.. and if i didnt have on my jacket i wouldnt have a back or stomach.. and if i wasnt wearing gloves id probably wouldnt have hands to jack off with..lol if i wasnt wearing leather boots i wouldnt have feet... if you make enough money to pay for the hospital bills and can afford the heartache it puts on you and your family i say go for it..ride with no lid in shorts and flipflops without a lid but you can be sure i wont stop to help.. i might call the morge to let them know they got a donor on the way... i know it sounds harsh but thats just how i feel.. i know alot of cool people that ride without proper attire and i get along with them but you wont ever talk to one i dont give a hard time... its stupid..

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #34
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
My opinion is, it's easier to cool down from being hot, than it is to heal from being hurt.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #35
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

^^^^^^ squid
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #36
rickykline
super squid

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
My opinion is, it's easier to cool down from being hot, than it is to heal from being hurt.
+1 million.... i never once sweated for three weeks.without pay....

Old 09-05-2006, 12:17 AM   #37
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

^^^^^another squid
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #38
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Ricky... I have a plan
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #39
rickykline
super squid

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

yo?

Old 09-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #40
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82
you know this whole squid deal is kinda dumb. its like pickin on the fat kid in school when actuality he is really nice. i mean yes gear is great. don't get me wrong. but i don't wear it ALL the time, yes i know i should, but i'm not anyones babysitter either. people are old enough to make their own judgments. it is just a rediculous word that people use to get at somoene else or call them out. i don't know, we are all here to ride yes safety first should be key. but i'm not anyone's dad either. and on my first ride all i wore was jeans and a t-shirt and helmet on my first ride and i'm sure i was called a squid at one point or another but it i know my abilities and what i can and can't do.. i'm done to each their own i guess.
Thats the long way of saying "IM A SQUID!!"
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement