MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #1
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Deals Gap Pics

Godsukis thread for his trip got me looking and another forum a guy had these pics. That place looks sick!
It must not be a big deal for the guys who live in that area, but I know its a fantastic place for sportbikes. Just look at the pics.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/View...x?a=316329&s=0

excellent:notworthy :notworthy
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Semi trucks on Deals Gap Pics eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 11-15-2009 06:31 PM
deals gap warning....? TWISTED METAL General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 02-20-2007 02:45 PM
GODSUKI'S DEALS GAP PICS FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 09-19-2006 09:31 PM
deals gap?? TWISTED METAL General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-02-2006 07:47 PM
deals gap bigjay77 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-07-2006 08:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

My son and I at the dragon a couple years ago.

mandmdragon
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Been there several times but Arkansas is better and closer.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #4
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
agree. headed back sept 15th-17th for a hayabusa meet.
can't wait
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Where in Arkansas and how are the cops?
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I have been several times and I only saw cops in the bigger towns...never on the twisties.

There are a lot of roads...Way too many to list. But here are some of the best. HWY 7 north of Hot Springs Village to Harrison, Hwy23 the Pig Trail from Ozark to Eurika Springs and 123 near Mt Judea. The whole state is a Deals Gap. Traffic is very minimal. You might come across a total of 10 cars!

I can produce a map if someone wants to plan a trip up there.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

A friend of mine has gone there and said it was awesome. How long does it take to get to get to the good roads from Houston? Also what is the pavement like?
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I am trying to figure out why deals gap has become such a place to be when I have been all over Nor Cal with less traffic and more roads?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

To get to Arkansas, it'll take about 8 hours in a car/truck hauling bikes. Then you can stop and unload and ride just about anywhere. The pavement is on par with racers road. Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I am trying to figure out why deals gap has become such a place to be when I have been all over Nor Cal with less traffic and more roads?
It is just the mecca type of thing to do. Yeah it is nice. The scenes are beautiful. The 318 turns in 11 miles seems to be the draw. But there are many more fun places to ride that are closer. I think Deals Gap is so popular because most of the people that go there have never been to Arkansas! Lol. Deals Gap is cluttered with bikes and cars on the weekend and it isn't very much fun to ride. When I would go, I would ride the Gap early in the morning and then go ride the rest of the area during the day once the traffic picked up.

It is still a very memorable moment in my life. My signature pic and avatar were both taken on the gap. And if you haven't been, you have got to go at least once.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #10
BuddyWho?

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2004 GS 500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Where in Arkansas and how are the cops?
Head 59N and keep going until you get to Texarkana. Turn east on the freeway (don't remember which, to lazy to look it up I am heading to work in 5min) and 30 min later you are in Arkansas. That place is like the scenic drive capital of the south ozarks.

They have a highway system that starts in the Southwest part of the state and leads straight to state capital (Little Rock, nearly the almost easterly part of the state) then jack knifes straight back to the Northwesterly part of the state. The highway system, i speak of, is the major freeway system, which bypasses the much more jagged direct routes adding more mileage to the full trip. But alot of the direct routes are paved by the hillsides and ranch lands of the state.

Most of them are two-lane only(one direction each lane) and if you slip off a side of one of them you might not get help for a half hour or bit later. Most of the bigger cities are fewer and far in between. I have relatives that live up in Harrison and my cousin is in the volunteer fire dept up there.

My pop hates driving directly because it takes so long and if you get stuck behind and 18wheeler u may be coasing behind him for a while. Lots of twists(and shade ++) but really questionable the next time you will run upon another gas station. Most of the cager folks are riding the major freeway so congestion is out of picture on the scenic route unless there is an accident or something.

Sorry for the banter and misspellings but tried to type this fast so I could head to work. Have fun.

Last edited by BuddyWho?; 09-07-2006 at 09:17 PM.
BuddyWho? is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement