Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
projectmenso

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 yamaha r6
91 kawasaki ninja 600D

questionaire-understanding houston riders in order to design a new jacket.

height:
areas of on the jacket that is loose:

areas of the jacket that is tight:
Describe the type of person you are and your lifestyle.
What is your general day to day philosophy and priorities in life?
What do you like to do to stay happy.
Describe how you feel and what would you do, if a car enters your right of way?
How do you prevent cars from entering your right of way?
Do you like to ride with other riders and where do you position yourself when riding with them?
What type of gear do you like to wear and how do you think others perceive you in it?
On the freeway, where do you like to place yourself, where in the lane, and why?
How do you react to random riders who ride next to you or who want to race you?
Describe in detail what would you do, if traffic starts to come to a stop all of a sudden?
How many miles have you put on the bike?
If your answer is 10,000+ miles, when did you feel that you were no longer a beginner and know your bike’s limits?
When there are cars around what pace do you choose to ride?
How often do you take your bike for a ride?
projectmenso is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone in houston good with spraypaint/airbrush... specifically for a helmet design.. customminds Off Topic 0 08-01-2012 08:48 PM
Moto houston Shirt order has Shipped TheVirus General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-04-2011 08:34 AM
jacket design and suggestions projectmenso General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 02-23-2011 11:41 AM
designing new motorcycle jacket. questionaire projectmenso General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 01-30-2011 11:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
triumphant675r

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

weight:175
height:5'10
areas of on the jacket that is loose:shoulders

areas of the jacket that is tight:wrist, but i like that

Describe the type of person you are and your lifestyle: laid back

What is your general day to day philosophy and priorities in life? working on that one

What do you like to do to stay happy. Ride.fast.

Describe how you feel and what would you do, if a car enters your right of way? Irritated, get out of the way, sometimes break a mirror

How do you prevent cars from entering your right of way? VISABILTY

Do you like to ride with other riders and where do you position yourself when riding with them? sometimes, I position myself wherever seems safest

What type of gear do you like to wear and how do you think others perceive you in it? leather, not worried about others, they won't be paying for the skin graft

On the freeway, where do you like to place yourself, where in the lane, and why? closest to the open spot, in case I need to get out of there quickly when someone takes that lane from me

How do you react to random riders who ride next to you or who want to race you? riding next to me is cool, I won't race you

Describe in detail what would you do, if traffic starts to come to a stop all of a sudden? stop with it

How many miles have you put on the bike? 16k in 6 months

If your answer is 10,000+ miles, when did you feel that you were no longer a beginner and know your bike’s limits? I wasn't a beginner when i bought the bike, the limits are very far, still learning.

When there are cars around what pace do you choose to ride? 5-10 mph faster than other cars till I get to a gap in traffic

How often do you take your bike for a ride? every day, without exception.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
yeraboof
( . v . )

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'06 GSX-R 600

weight: 170

height: 6'0"

--------

areas of on the jacket that is loose: Alpinestars Stunt jacket fits snug all around. My Frank Thomas XTii jacket is a little loose everywhere.

areas of the jacket that is tight: Tight - nowhere... see above.

Describe the type of person you are and your lifestyle. In a sentence or two? That's difficult. I am a living person who does his best to balance responsibility and play.

What is your general day to day philosophy and priorities in life? ... serious questions, huh? Don't sweat the small stuff. Balance fun and responsibility. Live for myself. Gotta see the forest and the trees.

What do you like to do to stay happy. Socialize with friends, moto, drink, succeed in work/school

Describe how you feel and what would you do, if a car enters your right of way? I would feel like that is typical cager behavior and I would get out of the way.

How do you prevent cars from entering your right of way? Generally try to avoid situations where this can arise. If it does, I always try to have a way out. cagers... can't trust 'em!

Do you like to ride with other riders and where do you position yourself when riding with them? Not so much actually. I would prefer to ride with people I know, so that actions are more predictable and expected.

What type of gear do you like to wear and how do you think others perceive you in it? Helmet, leather jacket, gloves are the norm. Although recently I've been telling myself that I need to wear my boots and get some pants that I can ride in on the regular. How do people perceive me? They wonder "Hot ! Who is that sexy/cool dude over there?"

On the freeway, where do you like to place yourself, where in the lane, and why? On the very edge of the lane, preferably next to an empty lane. That way a can both see ahead better and have a quick escape to the next lane.

How do you react to random riders who ride next to you or who want to race you? I don't mind riding with the random person (normal riding). If the random person tries to race me, I flip their kill switch. Not really...

Describe in detail what would you do, if traffic starts to come to a stop all of a sudden? I slow down using the front brakes and the engine, watch my mirrors for people behind me, and make use of my escape if necessary.

How many miles have you put on the bike? 8k in the year since I've had it. Most of those miles have been in the last 6 months or so.

If your answer is 10,000+ miles, when did you feel that you were no longer a beginner and know your bike’s limits? , I still feel like a beginner. Always will. I did, however, become comfortable with my bike a long time ago. A combination of commuting, riding like a dumbass (not anymore), and track helped me out.

When there are cars around what pace do you choose to ride? About 10 mph faster or so. But I do that when I cage too.

How often do you take your bike for a ride? 4-6 days a week. (mostly commuting)

Advertisement