MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









That's why I said it was a track engine too. You've got to be in the upper RPM's to really get into the power.

Throw on an exhaust and you're really drawing attention then.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My wife gave me the green light CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 01-02-2014 05:41 PM
Maybe for the repost section, but gave me a laugh The Hulk Off Topic 0 03-02-2013 12:49 PM
My Boss gave me this... Scorpio Off Topic 11 07-06-2011 05:20 PM
Gave my KTM 300 a facelift... dhdrider Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 05-23-2011 01:15 PM
Gave us a new look.... Solracer Forum Updates & Feedback 46 11-07-2005 01:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #22
Tri
Senior Member
 
Tri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arctic North
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 700

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[








get rid of the flames. they're ugly. make real flames by blowin up the gixxer. you end up with a nicer r6 and have some fun with the gixxer. lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Love the anniversary paint scheme dude!
thats not an anniversary paint scheme. its an 08. the anni 06.
__________________
YuT uGhhh

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!
 
brisingr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,650

Experience: 2 years
Everyones complaining about having to wring the r6's neck to get it going, when all it really needs is to go down one tooth in the front.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #24
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by brisingr23 View Post
Everyones complaining about having to wring the r6's neck to get it going, when all it really needs is to go down one tooth in the front.
One of the first things on my shopping list was -1/+2 with 520 chain but I gotta get used to the power compared to the gsxr first lol
__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
cbrwayne
Senior Member
 
cbrwayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 780


Bike(s):
07 CBR600rr
08 CBR600rr








replace that flame faring with carbon fiber
cbrwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #26
Costas
Member
 
Costas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 435

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)






Send a message via AIM to Costas
see you tomorrow night! bring your a-game bc i'm not waiting for you!
__________________
www.photographybycostas.com - Houston Wedding Photographer
Costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Costas View Post
see you tomorrow night! bring your a-game bc i'm not waiting for you!
I don't want to die
__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #28
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
One of the first things on my shopping list was -1/+2 with 520 chain but I gotta get used to the power compared to the gsxr first lol
+1 for the r6 on the track. Every gsxr I've ridden is more comfortable, but IMO the r6 is more nimble.

Have you ever ridden -1/+2 on your old r6? I found that -1/+2 ended up being a HELLUVA lot of shifting and I seemed to be in weird points of certain gears at TWS (Texas World Speedway). I love my -1/0 setup though.
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #29
ormand
Deelish!
 
ormand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,835

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000





So you have yellow and costas has green. Guess I'll have to do pink <3 <3 <3
__________________
ONET 1
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #30
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
+1 for the r6 on the track. Every gsxr I've ridden is more comfortable, but IMO the r6 is more nimble.

Have you ever ridden -1/+2 on your old r6? I found that -1/+2 ended up being a HELLUVA lot of shifting and I seemed to be in weird points of certain gears at TWS (Texas World Speedway). I love my -1/0 setup though.
Yeah, the R6 is a LOT easier to ride and really quick. Unfortunately I never had any experience with gearing. I've been hearing good things about the -1/+1 too so not too sure. That's down the road from now so I don't have to worry about it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
So you have yellow and costas has green. Guess I'll have to do pink <3 <3 <3
So all we need left is red and black...
__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #31
Costas
Member
 
Costas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 435

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)






Send a message via AIM to Costas
that's really weird that the r6 feels so much faster than your gsxr. when i rode my friends r6 for a while one thing i hated was how laggy it was down low. your gsxr must be really really slow lol. get some more experience so i can let you take the 10r for a spin and then you'll be hooked
__________________
www.photographybycostas.com - Houston Wedding Photographer
Costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #32
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Costas View Post
that's really weird that the r6 feels so much faster than your gsxr. when i rode my friends r6 for a while one thing i hated was how laggy it was down low. your gsxr must be really really slow lol. get some more experience so i can let you take the 10r for a spin and then you'll be hooked
Don't tempt me
__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #33
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!
 
brisingr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,650

Experience: 2 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
One of the first things on my shopping list was -1/+2 with 520 chain but I gotta get used to the power compared to the gsxr first lol
Honestly, if you do that you're going to to kill your top end. -1/0 is the best starting place. It gives it the pull down low that's lacking without sacrificing too much up top. I'll let Patrick or someone with more experience tell you why.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #34
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!
 
brisingr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,650

Experience: 2 years
And if it feels like your gsxr is lack, you might want to have it checked out. From what I remember being told the power on them is a lot more evenly dispersed through the power band and doesn't go bucking crazy like the r6 does on the top end.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #35
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire
 
jrfitzny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 608

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy







Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
I think it looks sick as is, congrats on the purchase
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by brisingr23 View Post
Honestly, if you do that you're going to to kill your top end. -1/0 is the best starting place. It gives it the pull down low that's lacking without sacrificing too much up top. I'll let Patrick or someone with more experience tell you why.

And if it feels like your gsxr is lack, you might want to have it checked out. From what I remember being told the power on them is a lot more evenly dispersed through the power band and doesn't go bucking crazy like the r6 does on the top end.
Yeah, again not too worried about gearing yet. Just going to enjoy the R6 for a while. But good point about the gsxr and having it checked out. I think the previous owner treated it like so I actually got a k&n filter and new plugs so hopefully it will run smoother after I put those in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfitzny View Post
I think it looks sick as is, congrats on the purchase
Thanks man, I appreciate it
__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #37
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Don't tempt me
try it you'll like it
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #38
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!
 
brisingr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,650

Experience: 2 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
Yeah, again not too worried about gearing yet. Just going to enjoy the R6 for a while. But good point about the gsxr and having it checked out. I think the previous owner treated it like so I actually got a k&n filter and new plugs so hopefully it will run smoother after I put those in.



Thanks man, I appreciate it
How many miles were on it before you got it? If it had 10 or more without having the plugs changed then they definitely need to be. You'll notice a big difference. Is the K&N filter the molded kind that doesn't flex? The flimsier ones have been known to collapse in the air box and allow junk to get into the engine.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by brisingr23 View Post
How many miles were on it before you got it? If it had 10 or more without having the plugs changed then they definitely need to be. You'll notice a big difference. Is the K&N filter the molded kind that doesn't flex? The flimsier ones have been known to collapse in the air box and allow junk to get into the engine.
I think it was around 7k when I got it and now it's approaching 9k. Don't think my K&N is flimsy... I'm trying to crumple it in the box lol
__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #40
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!
 
brisingr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,650

Experience: 2 years
Lol. I was just making sure and yes, it's time for you to change the plugs on it. Especially if you rode it anything like I rode my 6 when I first got it. The plugs needed to be changed at 8,000 for me.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy