Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Captain Concussion
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Custom Brake Pedal or generic alternatives

Ok so the 675 I just bought ('09 Daytona 675) was laid down by the PO, brake pedal end snapped off, only the toe peg part, the lever is still there.

First thing i looked at was the OEM replacement. (#13 on there.)

Stupid. Not paying $90 for a freakin pedal. So now I looked for alternatives, but beings how this is a semi-exotic it is seriously hard to find aftermarket parts for it, and even longer to order something for it most of the time.

Thats the closest thing i could find but they don't have one specifically for the 675, just Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda... Nobody has anything lol..

Anyway I'm wondering if this stuff is essentially the same..
1)Will a pedal from a different bike fit?
2)Can I weld a toe piece on to the end instead of replacing it?
3)Are there any alternatives?
4)Am i doomed to buying the OEM sham and waiting weeks for it to ship?

I looked for Folding and Adjustable pedals but no one has anything for the Triumphs, i'm guessing because there isnt much demand for them and/or they havent had a donor bike to take measurements on. I figured since I had the lever still there that welding something onto the end for my foot to catch wouldnt be too hard to do. I do not want to buy rearsets.
zerobounds is offline   Reply With Quote