Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #81
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Fred did not presumed anything, it is a fact that he failed to show proof of insurance..... if you get pulled over by a cop and failed to show insurance, you are getting a ticket not because the cop presumed you had no money to buy insurance but simply because of the fact that you failed to present it when it was required!
The way I see it Frank, Fred did not presumed anything, he just casually let out here that "He was not present at the beginning of the cruise. I'm pretty sure he jumped in the pack. I don't want to sound prejudice, but he was a latino male, and could be very probable that he didn't have insurance."

So being a latino male means there's a BIGGER chance of not carrying insurance?

That's what it sounded to me, and the his preface by saying "not to sound prejudice(d)" gave him away.

Would've been different if the guy was white and without insurance? would've been a different outcome? It just sounds like racial profiling, just like when cops do it and many of us cry foul because it's not right based on principles, but then some people are OK with it because it hasn't affect them, but would change their tune real quick if it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rider downed and not wearing a helmet ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 06-14-2011 07:13 AM
Rider down on 1-10 and Fry 2-20-2011 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 02-21-2011 10:01 AM
A favor for a downed rider. Orion85 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 09-13-2008 03:15 PM
Downed Rider on the Sat. 7/26 Forest Ride: Thank you MotoHouston!!! Yamaha Dave General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 07-31-2008 03:12 PM
SE MnG / fundraiser for downed rider. JOKER Events, Meets and Rides 7 05-03-2008 11:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #82
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
You hate wrecker drivers more than racist people?
There's a special place in for intollerant poeple that hate based soley off race.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #83
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Now you're theorycrafting...we're missing the 2nd story to even begin, and as I stated I'm not an attorney and this is not legal advice. I am hoping wackum will sound off on this thread though.
No, I'm not theorycrafting. I went to read the Hit and Run/Leaving the Scene of an Accident and it seemed to me that both riders did the exact same thing after both vehicles had damaged. They should have called the cops because what it appears is that they both left the scene of an accident.

I'm not trying to start an argument. I just was interested in personal opinions.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #84
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
OP - Sorry about your day. Sucks, but you're going to be simply one of MANY.

Sucks, but it's warm time and the idiots will come out to play.

Renzo,

Based solely off this statement I don't care to see you at MH anymore. This is one of the most up things I have yet to read on this forum. You actually WISH a fellow rider many more wrecks?

If the OP is racist or not, and I make no assumption, is of no bother. You wishing a fellow rider more wrecks makes you worse than wrecker drivers. And I HATE wrecker drivers. You are now a piece of in my mind. I have ZERO respect for you and I never will.

I know that doesn't mean much to you. But seriously, if you meant it or not it's up, dude. up.
dude, chill or I won't mow your lawn this week.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #85
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
No quest that the guy didn't provide insurance. Fred's presumption was that the guy didn't have insurance BECAUSE he was Latino.
show me in his post where he said it was because he was latino. enlighten the class. please.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #86
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Op was involved in an accident, apparently initiated by the carelessness of another who may be attempting to avoid his potential responsibility... he made a comment that wasn't political correct, but viewing the situation and circumstances might be (somewhat) excusable.

It does not however need to be blown out of proportion.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #87
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
The way I see it Frank, Fred did not presumed anything, he just casually let out here that "He was not present at the beginning of the cruise. I'm pretty sure he jumped in the pack. I don't want to sound prejudice, but he was a latino male, and could be very probable that he didn't have insurance."

That's what it sounded to me, and the his preface by saying "not to sound prejudice(d)" gave him away.

Would've been different if the guy was white and without insurance? would've been a different outcome? It just sounds like racial profiling, just like when cops do it and many of us cry foul because it's not right based on principles, but then some people are OK with it because it hasn't affect them, but would change their tune real quick if it did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFred
rider refused to show me his insurance and gave me a false number, and then left the scene.
^^^
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #88
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:

I think Fred was just off about the whole incident and his wording wasnt the most politically correct at the moment of posting this thread. I think if he only mentioned that "Carlos" did not show proof of insurance when they exchanged information and gave him the wrong contact info would have been enough.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #89
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Op was involved in an accident, apparently initiated by the carelessness of another who may be attempting to avoid his potential responsibility... he made a comment that wasn't political correct, but viewing the situation and circumstances might be (somewhat) excusable.

It's motohouston. What did you expect? A diplomatic solution to be thought up and executed. Why else would anyone start a thread here?

For crying out loud...where the is Racer X on this matter?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #90
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
It cut off the last part of my sentence.."you had that fall coming too you and I wish you many more bad experiences with Latinos"
That's another thing all together. That's perfectly acceptable.

But the way it currently reads is you're telling him you wish him more wrecks. What you deleted makes you sound like you're now wishing a fellow rider more harm because you believe he's racist. That's bad form no matter which way you look at it.

What's funny is I noticed Design Air Houston under your name. My neighbor not 24 hours ago told me I needed to call Design Air for an A/C service I need on my house.

If you're wishing fellow riders more harm you certainly won't get my business. If you're going to say like that I would probably not promote a business on this site.

What's even more up is you went back and deleted it. Meaning, for a second, you actually thought it would be a good idea to wish this guy more wrecks.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #91
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

wow..

this racism has gotten old..

lets talk about the bike wreck plz..kthxbai

Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #92
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
dude, chill or I won't mow your lawn this week.
I got a new guy. A new guy that doesn't take my last Mountain Dew.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #93
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
It's motohouston. What did you expect? A diplomatic solution to be thought up and executed. Why else would anyone start a thread here?

For crying out loud...where the is Racer X on this matter?
:r ofl:
Old 02-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #94
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:

But..but.this is MotoHouston! there's always the need to blow things out of proportion.

This is like a classroom full of noisy, obnoxious kids with a very, very small percentage of adults peppered in, and the adults goof off sometimes as well.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #95
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
wow..

this racism has gotten old..

lets talk about the bike wreck plz..kthxbai

naw son, let's keep this going to 100 pages on racist alone.

And Aaron, I've never taken your Mountain Dew, that is nasty.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #96
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
No, I'm not theorycrafting. I went to read the Hit and Run/Leaving the Scene of an Accident and it seemed to me that both riders did the exact same thing after both vehicles had damaged. They should have called the cops because what it appears is that they both left the scene of an accident.

I'm not trying to start an argument. I just was interested in personal opinions.
If a bear in the forest, and nothing is there to smell it...does it stink?

In theory, both riders could attempt to claim h/r, wether both could, or realistically 'would' be charged... see where I'm going?

Now, viewing pd were not called to the scene... I think its most likely pd & one co's would be inclined to blow the h/r aspects off. The witness statements possible being considered invalid due to the lack of officer at the scene.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #97
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
But..but.this is MotoHouston! there's always the need to blow things out of proportion.

This is like a classroom full of noisy, obnoxious kids with a very, very small percentage of adults peppered in, and the adults goof off sometimes as well.
Mob mentality at it's best. LOL.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #98
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
naw son, let's keep this going to 100 pages on racist alone.

And Aaron, I've never taken your Mountain Dew, that is nasty.
Stay off my cream soda too.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #99
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

what a fun thread glad fred's not dead

Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #100
sunday_rider