MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #61
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
I thought from what Fred said was that the bikes did not collide? If there was a collision then you are correct from what I believe that is a hit and run. If that is the case then Fred should be calling the cops instead of chatting it up with us here.
I acted as a translator to find out both sides of the story and what Carlos told me was that Fred hit him from behind causing him to go down, i then translated Fred's story to Carlos and he said "NO, he hit my bike".
rider downed and not wearing a helmet ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 06-14-2011 07:13 AM
Rider down on 1-10 and Fry 2-20-2011 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 02-21-2011 10:01 AM
A favor for a downed rider. Orion85 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 09-13-2008 03:15 PM
Downed Rider on the Sat. 7/26 Forest Ride: Thank you MotoHouston!!! Yamaha Dave General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 07-31-2008 03:12 PM
SE MnG / fundraiser for downed rider. JOKER Events, Meets and Rides 7 05-03-2008 11:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #62
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
A guy went down in front of you. You crashed without him touching you. What am i missing? it's not a hit and run.
Go check the penal code then come back to us...
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #63
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

I still don't know why the cops haven't been called? Call them now! Of course not 9-1-1 but get a police report out.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #64
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

ok so now you're saying it was a hit and run? Because in the beginning you said it wasn't. It seems like the sides of this story aren't all matching up.

Quote:
Not good advice IMHO, it wasn't a hit and run.

yeah i know, but it was plan B in case the guy didn't want to settle this like a man..... if he has no intentions of paying for Fred's damages then i say Fred doesn't need to play by the rules with this type of guys.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #65
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I still don't know why the cops haven't been called? Call them now! Of course not 9-1-1 but get a police report out.
Bingo. Cops should've been called right there and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #66
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
That he presumes the guy didn't have insurance based solely on the fact that he was Latino would literally make him a racist. Using race as a basis for making a personalization about someone is the absolute definition of racism.

That said, there was a dept of public safety report released several years ago that showed that Latinos were almost 5 times more likely to be cited for driving without insurance in texas than all other ethnic groups combined.
Fred did not presumed anything, it is a fact that he failed to show proof of insurance..... if you get pulled over by a cop and failed to show insurance, you are getting a ticket not because the cop presumed you had no money to buy insurance but simply because of the fact that you failed to present it when it was required!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #67
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Go check the penal code then come back to us...
I checked it out. My question to you is can both operators be charged with Hit and run?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #68
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
ok so now you're saying it was a hit and run? Because in the beginning you said it wasn't. It seems like the sides of this story aren't all matching up.
If both side's stories matched then we wouldnt be talking about this would we?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #69
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
If both side's stories matched then we wouldnt be talking about this would we?
You sir, are very correct in your assumption.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #70
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
That he presumes the guy didn't have insurance based solely on the fact that he was Latino would literally make him a racist. Using race as a basis for making a personalization about someone is the absolute definition of racism.

That said, there was a dept of public safety report released several years ago that showed that Latinos were almost 5 times more likely to be cited for driving without insurance in texas than all other ethnic groups combined.
you could assume that and play the race card if you wish, ORRRRR you could go off the fact that the guy didnt want to present any insurance at all. myself, or anyone with any common sense would assume that he didnt have any based on that, not because of his skin color. the fact that the guy happened to be hispanic at the same time does not make fred a racist, but think what you will. there is no fixing it.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #71
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Fred did not presumed anything, it is a fact that he failed to show proof of insurance..... if you get pulled over by a cop and failed to show insurance, you are getting a ticket not because the cop presumed you had no money to buy insurance but simply because of the fact that you failed to present it when it was required!
No quest that the guy didn't provide insurance. Fred's presumption was that the guy didn't have insurance BECAUSE he was Latino.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #72
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

This thread is really funny.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #73
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

OP - Sorry about your day. Sucks, but you're going to be simply one of MANY.

Sucks, but it's warm time and the idiots will come out to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
you had that fall coming too you and I wish you many more

Renzo,

Based solely off this statement I don't care to see you at MH anymore. This is one of the most up things I have yet to read on this forum. You actually WISH a fellow rider many more wrecks?

If the OP is racist or not, and I make no assumption, is of no bother. You wishing a fellow rider more wrecks makes you worse than wrecker drivers. And I HATE wrecker drivers. You are now a piece of in my mind. I have ZERO respect for you and I never will.

I know that doesn't mean much to you. But seriously, if you meant it or not it's up, dude. up.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #74
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFred View Post
He was not present at the beginning of the cruise. I'm pretty sure he jumped in the pack. I don't want to sound prejudice, but he was a latino male, and could be very probable that he didn't have insurance.
Quote:
What!? You can't honestly say that
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #75
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #76
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I checked it out. My question to you is can both operators be charged with Hit and run?
Now you're theorycrafting...we're missing the 2nd story to even begin, and as I stated I'm not an attorney and this is not legal advice. I am hoping wackum will sound off on this thread though.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #77
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
you could assume that and play the race card if you wish, ORRRRR you could go off the fact that the guy didnt want to present any insurance at all. myself, or anyone with any common sense would assume that he didnt have any based on that, not because of his skin color. the fact that the guy happened to be hispanic at the same time does not make fred a racist, but think what you will. there is no fixing it.
I'm just saying that the reason Fred didn't think he had insurance (what he said in his post) was because the guy was Latino - inferring that being Latino makes you more likely to not have insurance.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"

Last edited by cashtown; 02-20-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #78
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
the rider of the CBR 954 has ridden in SMR's in past. today however he was not at the meet spot and ended up joining the pack midway through the ride. whether you want to call that being "part of the ride" or not, is irrelevant...

what IS relevant is that he is notorious for breaking formation in a pack. i have PERSONALLY seem him charge the person in front of him in staggered formations, squid through to the front of the pack in the middle of the formation as well as drag race people in the same lane to gain spots.

I'm an not the only SMR regular who has seen this rider ride in this manner. today was the first time i ever met Fred, so i have no bias toward him. My bias comes from seeing first hand several occasions where the CBR954 guy rides this way.

Other SMR riders have commented as well about him. and we never really ever wanted him there.
If your group was concerned so much about this rider to talk about it amongst yourselves, why didn't you bring it to his attention? Sounds to me like this recipe for disaster started back then with a lack of communication
Luckily only 2 bikes got messed up...
Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #79
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post

Renzo,

Based solely off this statement I don't care to see you at MH anymore. This is one of the most up things I have yet to read on this forum. You actually WISH a fellow rider many more wrecks?

If the OP is racist or not, and I make no assumption, is of no bother. You wishing a fellow rider more wrecks makes you worse than wrecker drivers. And I HATE wrecker drivers. You are now a piece of in my mind. I have ZERO respect for you and I never will.

I know that doesn't mean much to you. But seriously, if you meant it or not it's up, dude. up.
You hate wrecker drivers more than racist people?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #80
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post

Renzo,

It cut off the last part of my sentence.."you had that fall coming too you and I wish you many more bad experiences with Latinos"
Closed Thread

Advertisement