MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Was this someone on the ride with you? Or some other

chump jumping in on the pack making his way up to the front? Did he actually go down or

He was not present at the beginning of the cruise. I'm pretty sure he jumped in the pack. I don't want to sound prejudice, but he was a latino male, and could be very probable that he didn't have insurance.
Failed attempt at not sounding like a piece of racist..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rider downed and not wearing a helmet ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 06-14-2011 07:13 AM
Rider down on 1-10 and Fry 2-20-2011 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 02-21-2011 10:01 AM
A favor for a downed rider. Orion85 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 09-13-2008 03:15 PM
Downed Rider on the Sat. 7/26 Forest Ride: Thank you MotoHouston!!! Yamaha Dave General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 07-31-2008 03:12 PM
SE MnG / fundraiser for downed rider. JOKER Events, Meets and Rides 7 05-03-2008 11:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #22
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7cain View Post
Was this someone on the ride with you? Or some other chump jumping in on the pack making his way up to the front? Did he actually go down or just lock you up? Did you get a plate #, and was it HIS bike? Inquiring minds want to know. Glad you are okay and where able to ride home, thanks to the people tagging along at a slower pace to ensure your safe arrival.
To answer your other question, he went down. he hit pavement, which is why i accidentally locked up my breaks trying to stop and not hit him.

Secondly, I dont understand how I have an "attitude" because I connected a few dots... Causing an accident, refusing to exchange information, giving false information, etc. So call me racist, I could care less what you think.

As for a lesson, that I have learned
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

I don't understand...did you hit him? or did he fall and you couldn't manage to avoid him so you went down too? or did he hit you?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #24
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
I don't understand...did you hit him? or did he fall and you couldn't manage to avoid him so you went down too? or did he hit you?
He fell in front of me, and I tried to the best of my ability to avoid him, but ended up going down as well. There was never any contact between our two bikes.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #25
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFred View Post
He fell in front of me, and I tried to the best of my ability to avoid him, but ended up going down as well. There was never any contact between our two bikes.
Ah ok. I gotcha. I was trying to figure it out but couldn't, sorry it's been a long day. Were you both able to ride out of there? your bike looks pretty bad from the pictures.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #26
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

Quote:
To answer your other question, he went down. he hit pavement, which is why i accidentally locked up my breaks trying to stop and not hit him.

Secondly, I dont understand how I have an "attitude" because I connected a few dots... Causing an accident, refusing to exchange information, giving false information, etc. So call me racist, I could care less what you think.

no worries bro. there will always be those cry babies who believe that minorities can do absolutely no wrong, and if they do and you point it out, you will be called a racist. just brush it off. nobody takes those guys seriously, and neither should you.

glad youre ok, and hope you get something from that lying piece of , though i wouldnt count on it.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #27
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
S. E. Cruise today, was excellent. There was a great turn out of people that I hope to see and ride with again. The Morning started off nice and smooth with beautiful weather. Around noon, 12:00 2/20/2011, myself along with another rider was downed due to the negligence of one "Carlos" (LP: "-ZY644"?).

On approach of a corner, I started to slow down, and was abruptly cut off. The driver obviously did not recognize the corner ahead and was traveling at too high of an entry speed. He locked up the rear tire while passing me and turned his bike sideways in front of me. I was forced to lock up my tires to avoid T-boning the rider. Both of us were ejected off the road and into the grassy ditches.

I want to thank everyone that checked to make sure that I was okay, and that helped me get my bike out and some what running. I would also like to specially thank the people that rode slow with me on the way home.

Im looking at somewhere near 1,300 dollars in damages. And since the other rider refused to show me his insurance and gave me a false number, and then left the scene. All I can rely on is once again the help of the other members. Please PM me with any details or photographs.

I'll post pictures later tonight.

Im so thankful and incredably lucky to be uninjured, despite minor cuts and bruises. I want to thank you all in advance. And while Im not able to ride, everyone else needs to remember to be safe, and abide by cruise rules!
Hey Fred, did you get this guy's real number from Manuel yet?

When he left the gas station he told me that he was going to park it at his friends house a block away and come back with a pick up truck later today, 15 minutes later we saw him riding his bike on I-10 with his buddy..... i hate shady people like that.

If you have his real number, try giving him a call and see if he wants to settle out of court, if not report it as a hit and run and report his license plate, i think the guy riding behind you saw the whole thing, maybe could be a key witness in this type of incidents.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #28
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
Ah ok. I gotcha. I was trying to figure it out but couldn't, sorry it's been a long day. Were you both able to ride out of there? your bike looks pretty bad from the pictures.
im gonna need a complete set of fairings, headlights, front faring brace, instrument cluster gauge, I kept my mirrors from the wreck, turn signals, and right passenger peg assembly.

The forks are not bent, and the brakes/transmission/engine are perfectly fine.

The amount it is going to cost me is well worth my well-being.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #29
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:

I'm sure you don't care what i think, but everyone on this forum knows what you think of Latinos. Judging by your attitude, you had that fall coming too you and I wish you many more. There needs to a smiley with a KKK hat just for you
Old 02-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I agree with your outlook on the insurance things. This is why I am careful about who I ride with. Some of these groups are just an accident waiting to happen.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #31
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Glad you are ok. Best bet is to fix it and chalk it up to experience. I don't think it is as bad as it looks at first glance.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 02-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #32
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Hey Fred, did you get this guy's real number from Manuel yet?

When he left the gas station he told me that he was going to park it at his friends house a block away and come back with a pick up truck later today, 15 minutes later we saw him riding his bike on I-10 with his buddy..... i hate shady people like that.

If you have his real number, try giving him a call and see if he wants to settle out of court, if not report it as a hit and run and report his license plate, i think the guy riding behind you saw the whole thing, maybe could be a key witness in this type of incidents.
I do have different numbers for the guy. I was PM'ed a picture of his bike, the missing digit that I needed is a "3". Have numbers of several people who where there. I need to find out who was behind me... we were all mixxed up after that break on the side of the road.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #33
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post

Not good advice IMHO, it wasn't a hit and run.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #34
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

the rider of the CBR 954 has ridden in SMR's in past. today however he was not at the meet spot and ended up joining the pack midway through the ride. whether you want to call that being "part of the ride" or not, is irrelevant...

what IS relevant is that he is notorious for breaking formation in a pack. i have PERSONALLY seem him charge the person in front of him in staggered formations, squid through to the front of the pack in the middle of the formation as well as drag race people in the same lane to gain spots.

I'm an not the only SMR regular who has seen this rider ride in this manner. today was the first time i ever met Fred, so i have no bias toward him. My bias comes from seeing first hand several occasions where the CBR954 guy rides this way.

Other SMR riders have commented as well about him. and we never really ever wanted him there.

Last edited by BRYAN; 02-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #35
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

I don't think you can charge the guy with a hit and run, maybe leaving the scene of an accident. From what Fred said there was no contact. If anything the guy was riding recklessly...but that's just hearsay.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #36
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
I'm sure you don't care what i think, but everyone on this forum knows what you think of Latinos. Judging by your attitude, you had that fall coming too you and I wish you many more. There needs to a smiley with a KKK hat just for you
you are a real piece of , and your police record shows it.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #37
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
please tell me your friggin joking..
Old 02-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #38
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
I do have different numbers for the guy. I was PM'ed a picture of his bike, the missing digit that I needed is a "3". Have numbers of several people who where there. I need to find out who was behind me... we were all mixxed up after that break on the side of the road.
i think the guy behind you was John who was riding a blue buell, if you need his number let me know so i can send you a pm.

i think the guy's name is Carlos, he doesnt seem to speak english so if you need someone to translate please let me know, i would love to help you sort this out the best way possible.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #39
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:

Your calling me racist because your being narrow minded. I wasnt saying all latinos are uninsured, I was simply making a statement that is relevant to my situation.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #40
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Experience: 2 years
Quote:
im gonna need a complete set of fairings, headlights, front faring brace, instrument cluster gauge, I kept my mirrors from the wreck, turn signals, and right passenger peg assembly.

The forks are not bent, and the brakes/transmission/engine are perfectly fine.

The amount it is going to cost me is well worth my well-being.
Is your back tire just going flat or did you tweak the rim or is you swingarm tweaked? Something looks off back there.
Closed Thread

Advertisement