MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #21
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I think I saw this cop a few days ago on I-10 westbound inside Beltway 8 on the westside. He was hiding in the HOV shoulder between the HOV and the left lane of I-10. He had just pulled over a cager while we were stupidly lane splitting in 5pm traffic heading torwards Highway 6. Actually I have seen him quite a bit...never had an issue but then again I ride a "sport tourer" at speed limits in the left lane because I know I-10 is cop-ridden.

syp750
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Montgomery County Constable Eberry2001 General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 01-28-2010 03:42 PM
Harris County Precinct 5 Constable Killed J-Row General Discussion (Moto Related) 77 10-04-2007 06:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #22
BaptizedByFire
Future Organ Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600RR

Argentino got stalked by a cop from Cinco/99 all the way to my house today. All he was doing was breaking in his new tires, and not at excessive speed cuz its the one time i DIDNT hear him coming. So this guy calls me an says, "Yo I'm here come outside." Doesnt mention there's a sheriff almost sideways blocking my street. SURPRISE! Thanks buddy.

As far as the sacred, almighty "Law" is concerned... It's written by men, just like you and me; men who write not with concern for the good of the country, but the good of their campaign contributors. Our laws are just as faulty, fallible, and subject to corruption as the men who write them. If you let the law in any one place or another define what you perceive as right and wrong, you'll end up with a conflict of interests at some point.

I've posted before that our justice system is only as good as the cop who pulls you over since it starts with him.

GregB, your age and experience alone suggest that when you say you did nothing wrong, I find it more believable than if, say, I had said it. Despite the fact, He's still a cop. what can you do? Kick his ? Not impossible, not by far, but then you'd still end up in court and for this one you'd need a good lawyer not just an inspection sticker. It's always good practice to indulge cops in their self-righteousness because the more they like you, the less they stick you for. No matter how good it might feel to tell him to go screw himself, fact of the matter is that it's not going to help you down the road. I'd prefer to let him patronize me for a few minuets than have to pay not only his salary but his Christmas bonus too.

Learning to manipulate an is easy, and can save you money!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #23
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
FTP
Old 02-17-2011, 04:31 AM   #24
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
FTP
that's ironic
Old 02-17-2011, 04:37 AM   #25
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeburt1 View Post
that's ironic
I know ... pig... What was he thinking? Enforcing the law and doing his job I pay his salary to do! I freaking hate this !
Old 02-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #26
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Child, please

Jesus Christ. I was in Sugar Land last week in the cage. A Sugar Land motorcycle cop pulled me over because my registration sticker was expired. Luckily, my new one was in the glove compartment so I just got a warning. I guess he hated me because I was not riding.

A 50 year old should realize that tucked plates will get a cop's attention and that state inspection is required by law. I know, I know. Riders are entitled and should be immune from traffic laws.

Last edited by Bevo; 02-17-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #27
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #28
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptizedByFire View Post
GregB, your age and experience alone suggest that when you say you did nothing wrong,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregb View Post
He whips it around pulls me over. Says my fender eleminator is illegal. I have all my , license, insurance, but no sticker for inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
. Riders are entitled and should be immune from traffic laws.
troof!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #29
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregb View Post
He is running a beat south of I 10 Cinco Ranch, Mason road area. This pulled me over for nothing today. He was running the opposite side of Kingsland just west of Mason road. Saw me on my fireblade (I was doing 35) He whips it around pulls me over. Says my fender eleminator is illegal. I have all my , license, insurance, but no sticker for inspection. Dude goes back to his bike, starts writing me a ticket. I'm starting to get really torqued. I think he expected me to be a kid before I pulled off the helmet.
Some background. I'm pushing fifty years old. I have been riding bikes since 1970. I own 5 different bikes now and never had any trouble with the constables where I have live. I have payed their salaries for the last 20 yrs. Now I have been popped for doing stupid in my life but this cat was just gunning for bikers. He wasn't around to see the big stand up wheelie down 99 the day before. I was doing NOTHING WRONG
When he comes back I said "is that a ticket!" Cop responds yes. (Do not try the following at home, I'm not only a trained profesional, but I'm an old white man and am not going to take from a dude my sons age) I went off. I told him he wasn't ticketing me for , just hasseling bikers! That he must be some kind of self hating jewish .!! I said that I had seen him the day before flicking lane changes, enjoying his bike now he was my zen. He starting wining about "he had to inspect his bike and so should I" Cop handed me back my and started walking away. . Whatever. Anyway if you are in this area, (just a few blocks from my house) and see a white constable (large variety) mid late 20s mid 30s on a harley, turn around, he has a hard on for bikes. I have to wonder, if had been on my harley, would he have even looked my way Cant read his name on my ticket or I would post that.
you should never take off young punk. I'd go right back over there and eat donuts in front of him, and not give him any. then show him your inspection sticker, and remind him how you pay to keep him warm and dry every day and night. then remind him how he works for you. he'll feel bad, maybe you can give him a little shoulder massage and you'll work things out. have some wine ready too, and it would NOT hurt to make sure your nails are trimmed and your pants are pressed.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #30
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
you should never take off young punk. I'd go right back over there and eat donuts in front of him, and not give him any. then show him your inspection sticker, and remind him how you pay to keep him warm and dry every day and night. then remind him how he works for you. he'll feel bad, maybe you can give him a little shoulder massage and you'll work things out. have some wine ready too, and it would NOT hurt to make sure your nails are trimmed and your pants are pressed.
I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #31
WWFII

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Your 5 year old says , , and in a grown man's voice? Strange racer x, strange indeed.
I believe his 5 year old has already taken the MSF course, and has over 20 years worth of riding experience.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #32
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I think this is the same guy that parks in the shade, and then step out and pulls people over for speeding near the intersection of Fry and Mason (by my house). He hasn't bugged me at all on the tards or even various sportbikes including the loud Bimota and the FT Bend Constables I have dealt with here have all been pretty cool when anything has come up.

There has been one MC (I thik Harris County) cop on Harley that was ridng about two inches off my bumper while I had my kids on the car and he started lane splitting. Riding like tool.

Other than that, no issues.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 02-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #33
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Thanks for the heads up! Ride safe.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #34
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

You got a ticket for no inspection, its a fix-it ticket so its not the end of the world. You weren't flying a valid sticker so you shouldnt be so worked up about it.

Here's my take on stuff like this:
As you stated in your post, he didnt see the stand up wheelie you did the day before, but you did get popped for the inspection on the day in question.
Consider it highway karma man. I know I break laws when I ride, often. Everytime I get away with it I am lucky. So, when I do catch a ticket for my license plate mount (super illegal) or no inspection, I just remind myself of all the Ive gotten away with that would have landed me in jail instead of getting a fix-it ticket thats not even a moving violation.
I wont even go into the times I have been speeding excessively down the highway and made eye contact with a cop going the other direction and they dont pull me over.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #35
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

in 2 years ive only been pulled over once on the bike for not even having a license plate and they let me go because i had the plate num in my phone, they just wanted to make sure it wasnt stolen. other than that zero problems with cage or bike leo's. in my entire life ive never been pulled over for a non-legit reason.

sounds like an operator problem.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #36
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Jewish , heh?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #37
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Jewish , heh?
the worst kind, right?

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #38
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
FTP
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #39
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I understand U were torqued, but in Texas U do have to have a inspection sticker, its the law and I think the officer U have on your payroll was just doing what U pay him to do? get the sticker in 10 days and they will dismiss it for $10, no biggie, Ur old enough to know U gotta have a SI, and just calm down, everything will be ok, the nerve of him fucin up your zen, Doesent he realize U are the one who puts diapers on his babies azz? and food on his plate?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #40
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
Closed Thread

Advertisement