MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
darktoy02
Whats HAddddenin
 
darktoy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 400

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR






Cushion Rear Seats for Passengers?!?!?

I've taken my fiance out on the bike a few times and she loves it except for the fact that the rear seat is too hard and we can never ride far without her complaining about how uncomfortable the seat is.
Anyone else encounter this problem?
Is there a custom seat/seat cushion i can buy to try and fix this problem?
I'd hate for this to be the reason my girl stops riding with me.

Has anyone custom made anything for there back seats? I'm open for any suggestions.
Oh Yea..My bike is an 07 Honda CBR600RR if anyone finds anything post the link please.
__________________
Spit works just as well.........YOU A DIRTY GURL

-Bobby LIGHT-
darktoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
busa and 05 gsxr rear seats FLYIN'DUC General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 04-29-2014 08:34 AM
Taking passengers Coastie_Joe General Discussion (Moto Related) 73 06-21-2010 07:26 PM
Race seats or cut current seats for 6 pt Harness GLD Off Topic 3 01-20-2010 10:29 AM
seat cushion for race tail NorthHoustonGSXR General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-04-2008 10:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Same problem with my own seat and my passenger... i was looking to take it all apart and do it my self.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Get her a bike of her own. Then everyone wins.

But an upholstery shop should be able to add some memory foam and re-wrap the seat for not a lot of money. You're still going to run into the problem of a small surface area though and that will be the main point of discomfort: lack of support on that . LOL.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
darktoy02
Whats HAddddenin
 
darktoy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 400

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR






Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Get her a bike of her own. Then everyone wins.

But an upholstery shop should be able to add some memory foam and re-wrap the seat for not a lot of money. You're still going to run into the problem of a small surface area though and that will be the main point of discomfort: lack of support on that . LOL.
I'd love to get her a bike of her own but we dont have the extra money right now and we are about to try to get her pregnant around summer time....she does want to learn how to ride though, i just have sprockets and other shiz done to my bike and def wouldn't want her learning on that. So we have to get the seat done first then get a bike later for her.

I might check into a few upholstery shops and get some quotes and get ready for some summer time riding!!
__________________
Spit works just as well.........YOU A DIRTY GURL

-Bobby LIGHT-
darktoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Bring her over. We'll throw her on the TTR125 and let her get all crashed up on that. Pretty hard to hurt it. LOL.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
darktoy02
Whats HAddddenin
 
darktoy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 400

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR






Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Bring her over. We'll throw her on the TTR125 and let her get all crashed up on that. Pretty hard to hurt it. LOL.
I might have to take you up on that offer. She has been buggin me bad about it(Not A Bad Thing) I just dont want my bike dropped lol.
__________________
Spit works just as well.........YOU A DIRTY GURL

-Bobby LIGHT-
darktoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by darktoy02 View Post
upholstery shops
my buddy's uncle has one and thats what i'm going to do to mine!
i dont think it should cost anything more then just the fabric, and if you are thinking about getting her prego then...LOL..... you better find a nice storage place for the bike.

you will not have to worrie about her riding any more.. you will spend the next 5 yrs or so just taking care of your kid.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
zerobounds
Captain Concussion
 
zerobounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,279

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
70









the shops as mentioned, corbin and sargent do seats, they also make that 20$ grippy wrap for the back seats that help the passenger stay in place. I hear good reviews from all of those things mentioned. it just depends on the budget.
__________________
zerobounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









If she's a skinny gal just start shoving $1 cheeseburgers down her throat...
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #10
darktoy02
Whats HAddddenin
 
darktoy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 400

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR






Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
my buddy's uncle has one and thats what i'm going to do to mine!
i dont think it should cost anything more then just the fabric, and if you are thinking about getting her prego then...LOL..... you better find a nice storage place for the bike.

you will not have to worrie about her riding any more.. you will spend the next 5 yrs or so just taking care of your kid.

If you could post the quote on this page i might go to the same place.
We've talked about the bike and Ive explained way to many of the upsides of me riding it for her to change her mind about me not riding. Also we have one child and it hasn't affected that, Plus she knows how CRANKY i get if i dont ride
so she rather i ride than act like a haha
I just want her to enjoy the same adrenaline rush and stress relief i get when i ride.
__________________
Spit works just as well.........YOU A DIRTY GURL

-Bobby LIGHT-
darktoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
darktoy02
Whats HAddddenin
 
darktoy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 400

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR






Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
If she's a skinny gal just start shoving $1 cheeseburgers down her throat...
haha ive tried that one, i think she would rather endure the hurt than put on any weight. She is pretty strict on what she eats and maintaining her weight
__________________
Spit works just as well.........YOU A DIRTY GURL

-Bobby LIGHT-
darktoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by darktoy02 View Post
haha ive tried that one, i think she would rather endure the hurt than put on any weight. She is pretty strict on what she eats and maintaining her weight
Sooooo..............



























pics?
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #13
darktoy02
Whats HAddddenin
 
darktoy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 400

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR






Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
the shops as mentioned, corbin and sargent do seats, they also make that 20$ grippy wrap for the back seats that help the passenger stay in place. I hear good reviews from all of those things mentioned. it just depends on the budget.
Thanks i hadn't heard of that, but definitely will look into it. Ive seen alot of seat covers for sale on the internet..do u think it would work/give more space for more cushion if i got one and have the upholstery shop put the memory foam in and stitch it up?
__________________
Spit works just as well.........YOU A DIRTY GURL

-Bobby LIGHT-
darktoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktoy02 View Post
I'd love to get her a bike of her own but we dont have the extra money right now and we are about to try to get her pregnant around summer time....she does want to learn how to ride though, i just have sprockets and other shiz done to my bike and def wouldn't want her learning on that. So we have to get the seat done first then get a bike later for her.

I might check into a few upholstery shops and get some quotes and get ready for some summer time riding!!
Have you considered, you know, actually getting married before getting pregnant?

An "oopsie" is one thing. Actually planning an unmarried pregnancy is another.

Other than that, yeah - there are all kinds of seat options for you other than stock. Its all a matter of how much you want to spend.

At the end of the day though, its a sport bike, and the back seat really isn't going to be all that comfortable for any length of time.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









yep, added padding and a back rest for only the times that she rides with me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #16
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









go to wallmart and buy one of those memory foam pillows and make your own seat padding!
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by darktoy02 View Post
If you could post the quote on this page i might go to the same place.
We've talked about the bike and Ive explained way to many of the upsides of me riding it for her to change her mind about me not riding. Also we have one child and it hasn't affected that, Plus she knows how CRANKY i get if i dont ride
so she rather i ride than act like a haha
I just want her to enjoy the same adrenaline rush and stress relief i get when i ride.
..... i got two so i know what you mean!..
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Crotch rockets werent exactly meant to be comfortable for rider nor passenger alike!
+1 my duc is a torture to ride....
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #20
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Crotch rockets werent exactly meant to be comfortable for rider nor passenger alike!
......
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy