MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #121
alexhtwn

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2002 gsxr750 (sold)
bmx
2007 gsxr six hunddy.

where tha are the mods when you need them????
Rider down 610 and Ella. kbexperience General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-21-2014 03:22 PM
Rider Down 45N near 610 dc3843 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-14-2013 10:57 AM
rider down 610 yesterday CDN_bacon General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-30-2012 06:04 AM
Rider Down on 610 GSXR FTW General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 01-28-2008 12:21 PM
610 rider 05cbreezy636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-31-2005 07:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #122
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhtwn View Post
Fo real.

You coming out to Bw3's tonight puta?

It ain't cold.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 02-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #123
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhtwn View Post
this is the usual out here! so they walk in and do this..

Gorilla walks offhtml
Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #124
XBIKE

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R 750
2011 DR 650
2008 Buell XB9XS (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to XBIKE
RIP
Old 02-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #125
Osiris102406
Osiris

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

RIP FALLEN
Old 02-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #126
ZeddXavier

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideForrestride View Post
I'm sorry I can't help it. You might want to check into what unit constitutes as force in the english system and see how that relates to a person's weight.
i was going to say something too. last time i checked miles per hour isnt a unit of acceleration either . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceleration
Knowing is Half the Battle G.I.JOOOOOEEEE!

RIP to the rider too

Last edited by ZeddXavier; 02-17-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #127
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
RIP to the fallen.

Weather is starting to get nice again, RIP threads will increase. EVERYONE BE SAFE AND SMART OUT THERE!

Oh my .. I rode with this guy Sunday in the forest !!!

Rest In Peace Charles (Revan)

If you would like to attend and put another brother to rest the funeral is at Santana Funeral in Southeast Houston 7pm.

URESTI
CHARLES EDWARD T. URESTI (November 07, 1989 ? February 13, 2011) 21 years of age was born in Houston, Texas. He passed away on Sunday February 13, 2011 at 4:20 PM.
Charles is preceded in death by his Grandfather Alfredo Uresti, his uncle Edward Uresti and cousin Cynthia A. Chavez. Charles graduated from Our Lady of Mount Carmel in 2007. Charles leaves behind his parents Anselmo Uresti and Janie S. Santana, Bobby Lott and stepmother Diana Lott. Along with his brothers: Rudy Farias, Travis D. Lott, Bobby Austin Lott and sisters Jessica L. Lott and Donna Denise Lott. Grandparents ? Rosa S. Rodriguez, Concepcion Uresti, Jimmy Santana, Bobbie Gene Lott Parents- Ernest Hinojosa and Sylvia Sanchez-Lopez, and numerous Uncles, Aunts & Cousins. Charles' was due to arrive at the U.S.M.C. boot camp on March 21, 2011. His dream was to serve his country as a United States Marine. He wanted to proceed in his grandfathers steps, as a U.S. Marine.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they should mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Santana Funeral Directors
401 S/Sgt Macario Garcia Dr.
Houston, TX 77011
713-921-3000
Old 02-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #128
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
The problem with this phrase: is believing it. "Witnesses" are not usually riders, and consider the usual 5-10mph or so that we typically maintain on top of traffic speed, combined with the typical active defensive driving we have to practice to be "high speed and weaving".

In other words, the bikes could easily have been riding completely normally, safe and sane, but some cager who can barely handle the speed limit when the roads are empty on a good day perceives it as speeding.
This is exactly what came to my mind.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:31 AM   #129
R3VAN'S MOM

My name is Janie, I am the mother of the 21 year old young man whom died on loop 610 at TC Jester/Ella, on February 13, 2011. It saddens me to read the treads on here regarding my son Charles aka R3VAN to most of his friends. I wish individuals as well as the Media would actually get the story straight and wait for a police report before making any comments or accusations, especially when it involves the death of someone's loved one.

I needed closure regarding my son's death in order to accept the loss of my son, therefore I requested a copy of the police report as well as to see the trans-cams on the freeway. My son did EVERYTHING RIGHT! He took the proper motorcycle course before buying his bike and at the time of the accident he also had the appropriate gear, helmet, jacket, pants, boots etc...

Early on the morning of February 13, 2011, my son left to ride with the Houston Gixxers, my son was already on his way home from an all day ride (He was minutes from home) when the accident accured, my son WAS NOT riding with a group of other motorcyclist, Please DO NOT assume that because you see more than one motorcycle on the freeway that they are all riding together in one group and he WAS NOT weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed! My son was the one whom was side-swiped by a vehicle, which caused another vehicle to strike him from behind, which caused him to lose control of his bike where 610 curves! When my son ejected he slid several feet and he hit a construction sign and he broke his neck, that sign should not have been there in the first place! If that construction sign had not been there my son would still be here today!

My son was a remarkable son, he was my first born, he was caring, loving and he had a huge heart! He attended Queen of Peace Catholic School and he graduated from Mount Carmel Catholic High School at the age of 15, the teachers thought he had ADD and it was just that he was too advanced for 3rd grade, he was moved up from 3rd grade to 6th grade in a school year with a high IQ, upon graduating he wanted to join the Marine Corp, but was unable to because he was a minor. In 2007 I lost my husband also in a fatal motorcycle accident, he was a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy, my husband was struck and hit by a driver whom fled the accident scene, when my husband died my son was to enlist with the Marine Corp, but decided he needed to step up to the plate and become the man of the house to help me out and help care for his little brother, which he did, he took on a full time job at Dr.Pepper and also attended college, he didn't drink, smoke or go out to clubs and bars, it was just work and school, and once in a while he enjoyed taking his bike out for a ride, which didn't happen too often due to work and school, he was known to all whom knew him as "GRANDPA" because he was so cautious when riding and he was always the last one at the tail end when riding (He was so cautious since my husbands passing) he knew not to be afraid of the bike but to respect it, and I know first hand how my son rode because I myself ride a Harley, and we all rode together as a family.

My sons dream to become a United States Marine finally came true, he was scheduled to ship out on March 21, 2011, he wanted nothing more than to serve and protect his country so that we could all be free, AND that is exactly what he did! He became a Marine for YOU AND ME! So please do not sit there and judge MY SON when you don't know him or the entire story of what happened that tragic evening. I was at the accident scene on that terrible evening and it killed me to see my son laying there on the freeway helpless, motionless, lifeless and there was not a darn thing I could do for my baby boy and to come on here and read some of these negative post of my baby boy...it made me sick!! The next time some of you read about a fallen biker, think twice about what you are going to post on here, because you never know when someone else's mother, father, brother or sister will be on here reading about their loved one, maybe try putting yourself in our shoes.

A special Thank you to those of you whom posted kind words for my son and his family, we appreciated all the warm and kind postings.

One last note, please do not text and drive, that text you send could cause someone their life or a mother her child.

Those of you whom ride...please be cautious and be vigilant when riding....ALWAYS assume that the car next to you, in front of you or behind you can't see you. Bless you all in everything you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Marine Corp Charles Travis Uresti - You will be missed by all whose lives you touch.
RIP Baby Boy - Mommy loves you and misses you so much!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #130
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
RIP to the fallen.

Weather is starting to get nice again, RIP threads will increase. EVERYONE BE SAFE AND SMART OUT THERE!
Thank you for posting. Please be safe out when riding. May Bless you and keep you safe where ever you go.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 04:20 AM   #131
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
This rider was the son of a HPD officer. I know his uncle. RIP to the rider. Uncle used this as a warning to tell me to give up sports bikes.
Thank you; my son was is an AMAZING son; please be safe when riding and may bless you and keep you safe.

R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 04:28 AM   #132
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@tt View Post
Oh my .. I rode with this guy Sunday in the forest !!!

Rest In Peace Charles (Revan)

If you would like to attend and put another brother to rest the funeral is at Santana Funeral in Southeast Houston 7pm.

URESTI
CHARLES EDWARD T. URESTI (November 07, 1989 ? February 13, 2011) 21 years of age was born in Houston, Texas. He passed away on Sunday February 13, 2011 at 4:20 PM.
Charles is preceded in death by his Grandfather Alfredo Uresti, his uncle Edward Uresti and cousin Cynthia A. Chavez. Charles graduated from Our Lady of Mount Carmel in 2007. Charles leaves behind his parents Anselmo Uresti and Janie S. Santana, Bobby Lott and stepmother Diana Lott. Along with his brothers: Rudy Farias, Travis D. Lott, Bobby Austin Lott and sisters Jessica L. Lott and Donna Denise Lott. Grandparents ? Rosa S. Rodriguez, Concepcion Uresti, Jimmy Santana, Bobbie Gene Lott Parents- Ernest Hinojosa and Sylvia Sanchez-Lopez, and numerous Uncles, Aunts & Cousins. Charles' was due to arrive at the U.S.M.C. boot camp on March 21, 2011. His dream was to serve his country as a United States Marine. He wanted to proceed in his grandfathers steps, as a U.S. Marine.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they should mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Santana Funeral Directors
401 S/Sgt Macario Garcia Dr.
Houston, TX 77011
713-921-3000
Hello, I am Charles' R3VAN'S mom, I noticed you said you rode with my son that morning, Can you please send me a message and tell me how my sons day went, was he happy, did he have lunch that afternoon etc... Do you or anyone you know whom was on that ride have any photos of my son from that day? If you do may I please have copies? You can send them to janiesantana@aol.com, or call me at 713-503-6739 it would greatly be appreciated and it would mean a lot to me. Please say a special Thank You on my behalf to those riders whom attended my sons funeral and whom rode in the funeral procession.

Please ride safe and may be with you and keep you safe always.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 04:56 AM   #133
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VAN'S MOM View Post
My name is Janie, I am the mother of the 21 year old young man whom died on loop 610 at TC Jester/Ella, on February 13, 2011. It saddens me to read the treads on here regarding my son Charles aka R3VAN to most of his friends. I wish individuals as well as the Media would actually get the story straight and wait for a police report before making any comments or accusations, especially when it involves the death of someone's loved one.

I needed closure regarding my son's death in order to accept the loss of my son, therefore I requested a copy of the police report as well as to see the trans-cams on the freeway. My son did EVERYTHING RIGHT! He took the proper motorcycle course before buying his bike and at the time of the accident he also had the appropriate gear, helmet, jacket, pants, boots etc...

Early on the morning of February 13, 2011, my son left to ride with the Houston Gixxers, my son was already on his way home from an all day ride (He was minutes from home) when the accident accured, my son WAS NOT riding with a group of other motorcyclist, Please DO NOT assume that because you see more than one motorcycle on the freeway that they are all riding together in one group and he WAS NOT weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed! My son was the one whom was side-swiped by a vehicle, which caused another vehicle to strike him from behind, which caused him to lose control of his bike where 610 curves! When my son ejected he slid several feet and he hit a construction sign and he broke his neck, that sign should not have been there in the first place! If that construction sign had not been there my son would still be here today!

My son was a remarkable son, he was my first born, he was caring, loving and he had a huge heart! He attended Queen of Peace Catholic School and he graduated from Mount Carmel Catholic High School at the age of 15, the teachers thought he had ADD and it was just that he was too advanced for 3rd grade, he was moved up from 3rd grade to 6th grade in a school year with a high IQ, upon graduating he wanted to join the Marine Corp, but was unable to because he was a minor. In 2007 I lost my husband also in a fatal motorcycle accident, he was a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy, my husband was struck and hit by a driver whom fled the accident scene, when my husband died my son was to enlist with the Marine Corp, but decided he needed to step up to the plate and become the man of the house to help me out and help care for his little brother, which he did, he took on a full time job at Dr.Pepper and also attended college, he didn't drink, smoke or go out to clubs and bars, it was just work and school, and once in a while he enjoyed taking his bike out for a ride, which didn't happen too often due to work and school, he was known to all whom knew him as "GRANDPA" because he was so cautious when riding and he was always the last one at the tail end when riding (He was so cautious since my husbands passing) he knew not to be afraid of the bike but to respect it, and I know first hand how my son rode because I myself ride a Harley, and we all rode together as a family.

My sons dream to become a United States Marine finally came true, he was scheduled to ship out on March 21, 2011, he wanted nothing more than to serve and protect his country so that we could all be free, AND that is exactly what he did! He became a Marine for YOU AND ME! So please do not sit there and judge MY SON when you don't know him or the entire story of what happened that tragic evening. I was at the accident scene on that terrible evening and it killed me to see my son laying there on the freeway helpless, motionless, lifeless and there was not a darn thing I could do for my baby boy and to come on here and read some of these negative post of my baby boy...it made me sick!! The next time some of you read about a fallen biker, think twice about what you are going to post on here, because you never know when someone else's mother, father, brother or sister will be on here reading about their loved one, maybe try putting yourself in our shoes.

A special Thank you to those of you whom posted kind words for my son and his family, we appreciated all the warm and kind postings.

One last note, please do not text and drive, that text you send could cause someone their life or a mother her child.

Those of you whom ride...please be cautious and be vigilant when riding....ALWAYS assume that the car next to you, in front of you or behind you can't see you. Bless you all in everything you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Marine Corp Charles Travis Uresti - You will be missed by all whose lives you touch.
*hug*

RIP fallen rider.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #134
TheVirus
Original OG

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2009 *Secret*

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VAN'S MOM View Post

~R3VAN'S MOM
My condolences truly go out to you. I am sure your husband and son will always be by your side to take care of you. It must be a tremendous amount of stress and personal anguish. My Prayers are with you. Its hard to put feelings into words.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #135
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
My condolences truly go out to you. I am sure your husband and son will always be by your side to take care of you. It must be a tremendous amount of stress and personal anguish. My Prayers are with you. Its hard to put feelings into words.
Thank you sweetie. I feel their presence all around me everyday. The only thing that gets me through another day is knowing that I will be with my husband and my baby again someday and I take comfort in that. Thank you once again.

Please be safe out there when riding and May Bless you and keep you safe always.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #136
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I feel there shouldn't be a "blanket RIP pass" just because they were a rider....

Sometimes I really want to make a "Burn in for your stupidity and the hurt and anguish you caused your family and friends" thread..

But that is not PC apparently, no matter how stupid or how many times we see the same things (like riders running Routes on 610 and killing themselves)
I agree with you Tex. While it turns out this kid was a good one and deserves our respect. Not all of them do. I will not pay respect to those that fall doing stupid .

However, as a community that is concerned with safety we need to take a moment after events like this to learn from them. While that is painful for some and perceived as pointless to others I think it is a worthwhile exercise.

Even for this fine young man taken way to early I guarantee there is something to learn here. I hope someone here does learn from it. Let me point out also that just because we might identify something that could have been done better to prevent this does not mean something was done wrong by the rider.

To R3VAN'S MOM, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will never know how you feel. But, I truly hope that others here can learn something from it. I hope that the facts of the matter make someone here think about and process this information in a way that saves them in a similar situation later.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #137
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

R3VAN'S mom, thank you for joining the site to set the record straight.
Guys, you can go to her new thread(s) to offer your condolences.
Thanks MH for the support!

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=177766

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=177788

Last edited by a forum moderator; 04-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Closed Thread

Advertisement