MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 07:19 PM   #61
Slvr04
"Bird of Prey"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 Busa

Member Garage

werd. roll a fattie and sip some syrup. this shizzle is off tha hizzle fo rizzle
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to say about awesome cycles... _BLKCBR_ Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 5 04-04-2012 08:47 AM
PNP cycles J_2119 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-15-2011 12:07 PM
Who here Cycles? yellowjacket Off Topic 12 04-24-2011 01:31 PM
I went to X-IT cycles.... flip326 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 3 11-24-2010 09:22 PM
Awesome Cycles the mother Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 0 04-27-2009 04:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2006, 07:20 PM   #62
bikerboyz

and thats true the company should notified you saying look you got alot of parts missing etc. you need to fix it and they shold of done that
bikerboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #63
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:23 PM   #64
Nasty nate
Large Member

Bike(s):
1000RR

Yes yes iwas an auto mech. and customers like this is the reason I went to sales.

example
cust."my car won't start I had to jump it this morning this is I have only had this car for 3 and 1/2 years and its breaking down allready!"
I look at it test the battery and it tests bad so I replace it at the cust. request. Then I test the alternator its ok so i check the air in all the tires fill the winshield washer fluid, top off the coolant, and wipe down the top of the motor. after that send it to carwash.

cust. picks up the car and is back 2days later yelling and screeeeeeming that when I put in the battery I broke the cd player and there is a chip in the wind shield!
I did not test drive the car there was no need and the cd player had two cds jamed in one spot(its and indash 6disc player)

The manager tells him that we did not test drive the car so there is no way we could have put a chip in the windshield but we will go ahead and "good will the cd player"(fix it for free) even though there were 2 cds jamed in one spot. The cust then blames me for "playing with his cd player and braking it" and insitst on geting the windshield replaced for free because it was not that way when he first droped it off.:BangHead: and after a lot of and moaning he got his windsheild too

And this is why its getting harder to find good techs they all quit and get jobs where people don't try to take food off there table because they have no comon fkn sence!
Nasty nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:24 PM   #65
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr04
I f a owner brought in a bike and said they need their chain replaced, are you then liable because his headlight burned out and he cant see at night? If the bike does not have all its factory parts, that does not make it impossible to work on. Also, it is not the shops responsability to inform a customer that they are missing the obvious.
you are right it is not the responsibility of the shop the notified everything but not saying anything sometimes could be a bad thing. For an example, if you bring your car in for a timing belt replaced and the shop did not reccommend you to change out the seals and water pump and when you took delivery and the water pump leaks or broke causing the belt the break or jumped timing. Who do you blame? This is the same scenerio with precision and bikerboys. I am not taking sides, just being opininated.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #66
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

so, um, bikerboyz, you got any sweet before and after pics of said bike to show us how bad they did? well, post up that 2wheeler of yours and lets have a look!? Also, was removing the fairings and taking them to the shop outside the realm of your mechanical ability? I'm sure those tech's mess with a lot of motorcycles on a daily basis(many of them with Higer$$$ value than yours), and we have never heard any other horror stories about Precision. Do you think they might have "borrowed" you used parts to put on another bike? Also, do you think a GP shift pattern really has anything to do with your oil level or a "blown" piston? At least one thing's clear with me now. . .you do actually have a bike. hahahahaha
Old 08-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #67
Nasty nate
Large Member

Bike(s):
1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz
and thats true the company should notified you saying look you got alot of parts missing etc. you need to fix it and they shold of done that
maybe if you bitched less and conversed in a more cival maner things might have gone smoother

GP shifting is a good thing by the way but thatis just a personal opinion
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #68
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

my OPINION is. that YES PC should have told him that they HAD to change his shifter to Race style. no biggy to me. after MAYBE killiing the bike cus i went into second, etc i woulda figured it out and yes i woulda been irritated not being told, no big deal. BUT i woulda REALY woulda tried to work it out with the shop and I bet if done with a level head and tone coulda come out with both happy. NOT coming to a board and hammering the outa them, YES we all like to know if one of us is getting screwed but it sounded to me like u didn't give them enough time to make u happy.
Reputation on a board like this is a big money maker for a shop and bad words cost money so it would behoove(sp) that shop to make it good.
Michael
again my 02 as usual
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:46 PM   #69
bikerboyz

to tell you the truth about them taking parts from my bike i really dont know if they missed placed it because it was weird they had every other part expeted the part i was missing, i mean the bike is really nice they did do a good job on the paint i spend over 700 dollars on it put a full vance hines exhaust on it put led back light, got brand new tires, i mean the bike looks great before it looked like shitt all i have to do now is buy the sticker kit to it than im going to sell it im just mad that he couldo of told me about my shifter and none of the drama would of started
bikerboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:28 PM   #70
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #71
risky_analyst

Quote:
owned my first off all why dont you get your self a decent machanic,let crying ya right they freaking charge for every fuucking thang thats there job to put the plastics back on they wanted to charge me a 124 dollars just to put plastics on what kinda is that and on top of that they cant even bolt my fuucking seat back on saying there was no bolts to my seat which is a fuucking lie and on that gp shifter how in the was i soppoed to know that they change my shitt up now my speedomotor dont work my bike is high reving up the now so. Its like you giving me your car and i did all this shitt to it and you drive off knowing i switch shitt up that should be on me not u as a customer as a dealer i should of told you what i did to it and let you know all i have to say is i just got bad service from them i dont got beaf with them im just not going over there no more and i know im right
This is the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. In my opinion, I'm sure this guy is only telling half the truth. Why would a shop, with their reputation on the line, screw up your bike by draining the oil and leaving out the bolts? Common sense tells me either the owner of the bike didn't even know the bolts were missing or he's full of . I'm siding with the shop on this one.
risky_analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 PM   #72
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr04
what up carbon? doing the track soon?
BE AT MSR ON THE 30TH OF THIS MONTH..

WHEN YOU COMIN AGAIN?
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:55 PM   #73
Slvr04
"Bird of Prey"

Bike(s):
06 Busa

Member Garage

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
BE AT MSR ON THE 30TH OF THIS MONTH..

WHEN YOU COMIN AGAIN?
11 sep
Old 08-31-2006, 09:02 PM   #74
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
to tell you the truth about them taking parts from my bike i really dont know if they missed placed it because it was weird they had every other part expeted the part i was missing, i mean the bike is really nice they did do a good job on the paint i spend over 700 dollars on it put a full vance hines exhaust on it put led back light, got brand new tires, i mean the bike looks great before it looked like shitt all i have to do now is buy the sticker kit to it than im going to sell it im just mad that he couldo of told me about my shifter and none of the drama would of started

Learn some ENGRISH

dogsuicide
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #75
slim

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
03 R1
zx7r street fighter
95 shadow 1100

if you cant remove your fairings and put them back or put in led back light. oo not knowing your in 2 when you start off may be you should not have a bike. How do you know when your out of gas?
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:21 PM   #76
slim

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
03 R1
zx7r street fighter
95 shadow 1100

but you sould of had screws in your seat
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:21 PM   #77
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
well here is my $0.02 since everyone else is throwin in theirs...i think we will have a $1 when this thread is done...

bikerboyz is clearly lacking in bike knowledge, and has a hard time communicating properly.

neither of those should really be counted against him. so what if he is a noob, and he got his bike yesterday? should he be treated any different than a 20 year rider? no. in fact, you might wanna take more time to shed some light for him.

bikerboyz is clearly not doing himself any favors by being an in the matter, which makes him an easy target, so he is ****ing himself on that one. ill grant that. i always try and make things right, too, but if someone is being an despite my trying, well then i quit trying...a customer getting bad service has right to ask for it to be corrected. they have a right to not settle for less than what is fair and to make the situation right. when they want to play hardball and get more than they deserve back, or want to be abusive or disrespectful, they give up their status as a customer who has done no wrong. after that everyone is just playing games and its all BS anyways.

also, the value of his bike should not matter in the least either. a customer with a 20k ducati is not a better customer than one who has an $600 F1. a paying customer is a paying customer, who has done you a favor by giving you a job, and giving you work to do. it also should matter if someone is spending just enough for an oil change (or even a handful of screws) or an engine rebuild. true you get what you pay for, but there should always be some minimum standard of service. in this case, sounds like he was spending alot of money anyways, so its not a factor here, but i felt it should be brought up anyhow..

about the labor to put plactics back on, two hours does seem kinda high, but either way, were they told there would be a charge for this?...if prices are worked out in the begining, these things dont become a problem. i would imagine that if someone came in and said "how much for a paint job" i would assume the quoted price includes putting them back on after they are painted.

the gp shift...its still not clear if the customer was told about it. again, rider ignorance should have nothing to do with it, as a matter of fact, making a change like that, you should take some extra time to explain this to the customer and make SURE they understand what you are talking about, ESPECIALLY if its a new rider.

clearly this extra time wasnt taken or else bikerboyz would have known it was changed up.

the oil..well thats bikerboyz own fault, unless he asked them to check the oil, check the fluids or asked them to "check everything" or something like that. of course, with that there should be an additional charge for the service. its up to every rider to do their own maintenance, save what they specificly ask a shop to do. shops deal with alot of bikes, they have time to do what you ask for and thats it. your not going to get a 51 point inspection just because your bike was in their garage....unless you ask for it.

i would be as if a shop "borrowed" my hardware to put on another bike. i hope thats not the case. if so shame on whoever thought that was ok.

im not going to make any judgements here one way or the other, and ultimatly say who is right or wrong, cause it seems to me there is just too many complications, it wouldnt be easy to sort this one out.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #78
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim
if you cant remove your fairings and put them back or put in led back light. oo not knowing your in 2 when you start off may be you should not have a bike. How do you know when your out of gas?
i disagree with you. if you cant take the fender off your car does that mean you shouldnt drive. what if you can but you just dont want to, there is a reason shops offer these services, not everyone is a mechanic, and you dont have to be one to ride (yes, it help to know how to turn a wrench)

as long as you have a liscence thats all you need imo. (though something tells me thats a 50-50 chance at best in BB's case, lol)

if everyone wasnt a noob in some way or another all the shops would be out of business.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:31 PM   #79
Nasty nate
Large Member

Bike(s):
1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24

bikerboyz is clearly lacking in bike knowledge, and has a hard time communicating properly.
+1 the best way to get t done "Killem with Kindnes"
Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 PM   #80
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)