Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #81
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly fresh View Post
get a 250, will eat the xj's lunch
Um.....NO. nice try though.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help looking for a finance company jresendez9586 Off Topic 36 05-27-2010 06:38 AM
who looking to finance?????? landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-11-2009 04:44 PM
Who here finance used bikes? hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-12-2009 12:41 PM
Best finance option? dzamaboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 06-07-2009 10:55 AM
Finance and Insurance??? TXswoldier Off Topic 13 04-05-2006 09:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #82
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Don't know how well this translates to bikes, but I used to sell cars, so here goes...

Figure $20 per thousand on payments.

If you have no credit history, you ARE going to get raped in a finance office.
Take someone with you who has experience in dealing with dealers, and listen to them. Do not get a hard on for something you want to buy, be willing to walk out the door if you don't get what you want. (that's why you take somone experienced with you.)

The best advice I have seen on this post so far is... PAY CASH!!!

By the way if you are going to finance, get a bank account (checking, and savings) it looks better on a credit app.

Shop at several dealers before you buy, if you go this route, then tell them what the other dealers are offering, let them bid against each other. When you finally get them all to say that's the best they can do, then go tell each of them you are going to one of there compition and buy at a price below what your final offer was ($200) that will let you know if that is really the best deal you can get, because if someone comes down to match that price then you aren't there yet.

Last but definitely the most important, do not fill out a credit app at each one this lowers your score. Get a print out of all three credit bureaus then tell them they can work on that as if its current, that you will fill out a credit app when you finalize the deal..

Good luck!!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #83
philly fresh
im infamous *****es!!

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
07' R6

Send a message via AIM to philly fresh
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
Um.....NO. nice try though.
i was being facetious. the op will end up doing something dumb on a bike too big, too new, and that he owes on. lol
Old 02-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #84
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

Your down payment will be closer to 3K not 1K.

Take that down payment and search craigslist for the price range between 1500 - 3000
ST675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #85
Street Ninja
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #86
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly fresh View Post
i was being facetious. the op will end up doing something dumb on a bike too big, too new, and that he owes on. lol

Gotcha, and true!

Steve-o, I know that you are just "thinking ahead" but straight up, what Phillyfresh posted is true. near every cyclist dropped their "new" bike when starting out. And most of us hhave done some considerably crqazy ...not all of us made it out alive.

Keep the XJ, it is one of the best learning tools out there. Not only do you have to learn the bike at all speeds, and varying terrain, but also drivers on the road. No situation is every exactly the same (but very similar)..and this will take your entire lifetime to learn while riding. None of us "know it all", but everyone of us has bad experiences. Those who don't have bad experiences.....are NEW. And many new riders are dead.

I will help you out whenever I can, I have the kids this weekend, so that means I will be off work. Would be happy for you to swing on by. (Not high prefferably)

Be safe out there .

Christian
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #87
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
Don't know how well this translates to bikes, but I used to sell cars, so here goes...

Figure $20 per thousand on payments.

If you have no credit history, you ARE going to get raped in a finance office.
Take someone with you who has experience in dealing with dealers, and listen to them. Do not get a hard on for something you want to buy, be willing to walk out the door if you don't get what you want. (that's why you take somone experienced with you.)

The best advice I have seen on this post so far is... PAY CASH!!!

By the way if you are going to finance, get a bank account (checking, and savings) it looks better on a credit app.

Shop at several dealers before you buy, if you go this route, then tell them what the other dealers are offering, let them bid against each other. When you finally get them all to say that's the best they can do, then go tell each of them you are going to one of there compition and buy at a price below what your final offer was ($200) that will let you know if that is really the best deal you can get, because if someone comes down to match that price then you aren't there yet.

Last but definitely the most important, do not fill out a credit app at each one this lowers your score. Get a print out of all three credit bureaus then tell them they can work on that as if its current, that you will fill out a credit app when you finalize the deal..

Good luck!!!!
This ought to be appended to the new riders thread. Some people will go to the dealership and this gives them at least some defense from the floor sales guy.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #88
Mr.D

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
DAYUM NIGERIAN!!! Pinkie , umm I meant. Ben !! That hurts just looking at it!
Yuppers. hurt like nothing I've ever known.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #89
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Yuppers. hurt like nothing I've ever known.
Not to put that down or anything, but I would take that over broken ribs any day.

Broken ribs = worst few weeks of my life.

Advertisement