MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #21
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 766












Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
there's no need to run your mouth to the experienced members of this forum. Most of these guys are telling you how it is because they've been there. The best lessons are the hardest learned. Is this a lesson you want to learn for yourself or would you rather learn the lessons of others? This sport can break you financially and physically, neither of those are good!!!
im not running my mouth I own a bike and plan on owning this one for a while(Bonded title takes 3 years)
Im just trying to get a estimate on what if situation.
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help looking for a finance company jresendez9586 Off Topic 36 05-27-2010 06:38 AM
who looking to finance?????? landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-11-2009 04:44 PM
Who here finance used bikes? hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-12-2009 12:41 PM
Best finance option? dzamaboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 06-07-2009 10:55 AM
Finance and Insurance??? TXswoldier Off Topic 13 04-05-2006 09:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #22
Mr.D
Senior Member
 
Mr.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,532

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50






I think they hate on you for the way you introduced yourself. The whole I'm high and stuff.

Not a good look.
__________________
In Hoc Signo Vinces. 1855
Mr.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveohhXdank View Post
thank you "newrider" lol I'll check that out I need a new bnk
Amegy Bank Baby!

Come talk to me
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #24
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,024

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



FWIW, you need to log about 5000 miles on that XJ before you should even think about switching over to a supersport bike.
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
Mr.D
Senior Member
 
Mr.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,532

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50






Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
FWIW, you need to log about 5000 miles on that XJ before you should even think about switching over to a supersport bike.
__________________
In Hoc Signo Vinces. 1855
Mr.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #26
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 766












^ I plan on way more bonded title basically makes me want to make sure this bike is "daily able " all 3 years until it turns clear

And newrider what location?
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #27
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
yup.. who can't afford MSF or gear and is now ready for a 600. To each their own.

Figure even with 2K down you are looking at 300 a month plus close to the same for full coverage...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Might as well save your loot bro.

Why go get a kick bike that you are going to squid on and wreck because you don't have the fundamentals to ride?

I'm not talking .
I'm speaking from experience.
Ask around.
Mr.d Was the head squidler of them all. I still pick off scabs from my motorcycle accident. That was back in May.
I don't know where you guys get that this kid doesn't have gear??
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170492

This is one of the things that's annoying sometimes. You guys make assumptions and then treat them as truths

How does this go from Financing a bike to a gear, msf, type of bike he should get?? Don't you guys think there are plenty of threads out there where yo guys have already voiced these very same opinions??


Steve- I'll PM you my work number.
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #28
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 766












Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I don't know where you guys get that this kid doesn't have gear??
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170492

This is one of the things that's annoying sometimes. You guys make assumptions and then treat them as truths

How does this go from Financing a bike to a gear, msf, type of bike he should get?? Don't you guys think there are plenty of threads out there where yo guys have already voiced these very same opinions??


Steve- I'll PM you my work number.
thanks for the link and ok
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #29
Mr F.
Throbbing Member
 
Mr F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,096


Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am








Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
This is one of the things that's annoying sometimes. You guys make assumptions and then treat them as truths
times 11ty
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #30
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveohhXdank View Post
im not running my mouth I own a bike and plan on owning this one for a while(Bonded title takes 3 years)
Im just trying to get a estimate on what if situation.
You do know you can sell a bike with a bonded title right? Mr. D mentioned it earlier but don't forget insurance, do a quick online quote through progressive for full coverage on an 09 600 and I'm sure you'll quickly realize you would be in way over your head. Then again....maybe you won't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #31
Mr.D
Senior Member
 
Mr.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,532

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50






Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I don't know where you guys get that this kid doesn't have gear??
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170492

This is one of the things that's annoying sometimes. You guys make assumptions and then treat them as truths

How does this go from Financing a bike to a gear, msf, type of bike he should get?? Don't you guys think there are plenty of threads out there where yo guys have already voiced these very same opinions??


Steve- I'll PM you my work number.
dont you holla at me. thems is fighting words where I hail from.
__________________
In Hoc Signo Vinces. 1855
Mr.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #32
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 766












Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You do know you can sell a bike with a bonded title right? Mr. D mentioned it earlier but don't forget insurance, do a quick online quote through progressive for full coverage on an 09 600 and I'm sure you'll quickly realize you would be in way over your head. Then again....maybe you won't.
yeah I know but less value even though the secas worth like 400
and insurance is gonna be high I know but thanks for the advice
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #33
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
dont you holla at me. thems is fighting words where I hail from.
I don't think I want your unit anywhere near mine

__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #34
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveohhXdank View Post
yeah I know but less value even though the secas worth like 400
and insurance is gonna be high I know but thanks for the advice
Not to be rude but if I were you I wouldn't even walk into a delearship, at least not without your mom or dad. I bet a decent salesman could smell you coming a mile away.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #35
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 766












Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Not to be rude but if I were you I wouldn't even walk into a delearship, at least not without your mom or dad. I bet a decent salesman could smell you coming a mile away.
probably thanks to the tree lol I dont plan on it soon
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #36
Mr.D
Senior Member
 
Mr.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,532

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50






Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I don't think I want your unit anywhere near mine

__________________
In Hoc Signo Vinces. 1855
Mr.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #37
txferrari
Banned
 
txferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,090

Experience: 10+ years











User is banned

.
txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #38
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I don't know where you guys get that this kid doesn't have gear??
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170492

This is one of the things that's annoying sometimes. You guys make assumptions and then treat them as truths

How does this go from Financing a bike to a gear, msf, type of bike he should get?? Don't you guys think there are plenty of threads out there where yo guys have already voiced these very same opinions??


Steve- I'll PM you my work number.
sorry if I missed that thread amongst the thousands.. it wasn't that long ago he had a multitude of threads about getting the Seca, saving for MSF and gear and riding dirty..... I'm glad he got some stuff to save his skin and hope he never has to test it out.

But from his previous threads about scraping together enough to afford the MSF etc, asking about financing a SS600 just kinda rang a bell, so to speak.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #39
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 766












Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
sorry if I missed that thread amongst the thousands.. it wasn't that long ago he had a multitude of threads about getting the Seca, saving for MSF and gear and riding dirty..... I'm glad he got some stuff to save his skin and hope he never has to test it out.

But from his previous threads about scraping together enough to afford the MSF etc, asking about financing a SS600 just kinda rang a bell, so to speak.
I didn't need to scrape just with my pay schedule at work to buying the bike $600.00+ gear 315.00ish+MSF(200.00) I couldn't do it in one 2 week paycheck.
Reason why I spaced stuff out
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #40
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 766












Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
So true. Kid doesn't have a shot with anyone financing. Um, this is 2011. He needs a stable job with history. And some kind of credit.

And you won't get a loan, especially on a bike with a first time buyer. Not at his age.

He will need a co-signer. No ands ifs buts about it.
I have a stable job ive been here for 2 years I need credit and a cosigner but thanks for the info
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy