MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #41
Got-Busa?
Senior Member
 
Got-Busa?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,067

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
like i said i have no actual interest in drag racing at all so i dont see your point to go to texas mile lol

If i had any time to go to a track rest assured it wont be for drag racing i love sport bikes because of the way it handles through the turns, it requires a lot more skills than just slipping the clutch on first gear at the drag strip.... Drag racing and Nascar are the only two sports on wheels that i never cared much about for obvious reasons.

If your busa is not set up for street riding then it means that most of your riding has been mostly going straight? You should join our SMRs and see for yourself how much fun it is to lean the bike into a turn and use more than just the center of your tires
I'm not a big drag racer either but that doesn't mean it doesn't take skill to do it. Superbike races have been won and lost by the drag strip style starts so your logic makes no sense...

I have no problem raising my bike back up, it's just setup for LSR currently. Not to mention I need to have the forks revalved and setup completely different for a track day and my weight. Again, I have no problem doing it and would be at track days every WEEK if my schedule allowed. However, since I'm busier than it's hard enough for me to get out to 1 or 2 Texas Mile events (probably won't even make it this year). I just don't have the time, it's not that I wouldn't go...

Your comments are great because you have no idea who I am or my riding style. Or the fact that I've owned liter bikes. I'd have another right now if it wouldn't collect dust in the garage...
__________________
"WILMINGTON MILE" license pass - 204.542 MPH!
"HOUSTON HALF MILE" - 196.8 MPH!
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW S1000RR Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 04-19-2015 04:26 PM
BMW S1000RR Colonel Events, Meets and Rides 33 04-13-2011 09:49 AM
Ariel Atom vs. BMW 1000 RR Vegas Kid General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-09-2011 08:19 AM
Ariel Atom... I want one for my daily commute specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-04-2009 08:04 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #42
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Busa? View Post
I'm not a big drag racer either but that doesn't mean it doesn't take skill to do it. Superbike races have been won and lost by the drag strip style starts so your logic makes no sense...

I have no problem raising my bike back up, it's just setup for LSR currently. Not to mention I need to have the forks revalved and setup completely different for a track day and my weight. Again, I have no problem doing it and would be at track days every WEEK if my schedule allowed. However, since I'm busier than it's hard enough for me to get out to 1 or 2 Texas Mile events (probably won't even make it this year). I just don't have the time, it's not that I wouldn't go...

Your comments are great because you have no idea who I am or my riding style. Or the fact that I've owned liter bikes. I'd have another right now if it wouldn't collect dust in the garage...
Not that there is anything wrong with busas in general, they are great for what it was built for and if i had to put 400+ miles on the interstate hwy i would pick the busa over any liter bike, they are just so comfortable with that being said, you are right to say that i don't know you or your riding style but one thing i know is that we have very different riding styles just based on the choice of bike we each made.

Time has always been an issue preventing me from doing track days, my work is based out of Mexico and South America so the little time that i have on the weekends i try to spend it with family and friends..... I have hired more managers last year so as soon as they get the hang of it i will have more time to do a few track days hopefully this year!
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #43
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Not that there is anything wrong with busas in general, they are great for what it was built for and if i had to put 400+ miles on the interstate hwy i would pick the busa over any liter bike, they are just so comfortable with that being said, you are right to say that i don't know you or your riding style but one thing i know is that we have very different riding styles just based on the choice of bike we each made.

!
ther reality is that most people will only use 50% if even that much of the bikes potential on the street, so it doesn't really matter if its a busa or a duc......

the rider is more important then the bike.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #44
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
ther reality is that most people will only use 50% if even that much of the bikes potential on the street, so it doesn't really matter if its a busa or a duc......

the rider is more important then the bike.
+1
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #45
Got-Busa?
Senior Member
 
Got-Busa?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,067

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Not that there is anything wrong with busas in general, they are great for what it was built for and if i had to put 400+ miles on the interstate hwy i would pick the busa over any liter bike, they are just so comfortable with that being said, you are right to say that i don't know you or your riding style but one thing i know is that we have very different riding styles just based on the choice of bike we each made.

Time has always been an issue preventing me from doing track days, my work is based out of Mexico and South America so the little time that i have on the weekends i try to spend it with family and friends..... I have hired more managers last year so as soon as they get the hang of it i will have more time to do a few track days hopefully this year!
I came from an R1 and the BMW wasn't out in 2008 when my wife got my BUSA for me for Christmas. I had one in the past and it was the best thing out at the time (and still is when you consider ALL aspects) so she surprised me. If I were buying a new bike today it would be the S1000RR only because "then" my wife loved to ride on the back and enjoyed the BUSA. Now that we have a daughter she won't ride anymore so I don't need the two-up comfort...

No reason to sell it now since it's paid for, just plan to TURBO it and get something else for the street and/or track days when I have time. Only problem is I don't have time so a 4-wheel toy makes more sense right now...
__________________
"WILMINGTON MILE" license pass - 204.542 MPH!
"HOUSTON HALF MILE" - 196.8 MPH!
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #46
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,920

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
like i said i have no actual interest in drag racing at all so i dont see your point to go to texas mile lol

If i had any time to go to a track rest assured it wont be for drag racing i love sport bikes because of the way it handles through the turns, it requires a lot more skills than just slipping the clutch on first gear at the drag strip.... Drag racing and Nascar are the only two sports on wheels that i never cared much about for obvious reasons.

If your busa is not set up for street riding then it means that most of your riding has been mostly going straight? You should join our SMRs and see for yourself how much fun it is to lean the bike into a turn and use more than just the center of your tires
it depends on the bike too. ask zxalan about his bike that he uses at the mile. I'm pretty sure spinning the rear tire through 6th gear at over 200mph will bring a pucker to your
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #47
Got-Busa?
Senior Member
 
Got-Busa?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,067

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Oh no, it requires NO SKILL according to people that have never done it...
__________________
"WILMINGTON MILE" license pass - 204.542 MPH!
"HOUSTON HALF MILE" - 196.8 MPH!
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy