MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
Hotwheelscamaro

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 00 ZX7 Street Fighter
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

How Much?

Hi, found a guy who will sale me the triple-tree and both clip-on's for $125 shipped. I have a 2000 zx7r street fighter (see avatar) Not to bike mechanical, so
1) is it a good price.
2) is it hard to install.
3) would it give me the more aggresive ride-stance that I want. Don't care for the up-right riding position.

The guy who built it said that the only thing he replaced was the top triple-tree and the cruiser style bars. Everything else is stock.
Hotwheelscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i dont think this is what your looking for. the up-right style you are talking about is in relation to the rake of the forks and steering column.

thats a good price if its shipped and you need a replacement. the triple trees just hold the forks. most aftermarket clipons (especially race ones) give you a aggressive stance.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

i think he has an aftermarket upper triple with bar risers for those MX bars. IMO replacing the upper triple and adding clip-ons back to the bike will bring it back to stock feel. Shouldn't be much to it bro. what side of town are you on? whatcha gonna do with the triples and bars?
Old 08-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
i think he has an aftermarket upper triple with bar risers for those MX bars. IMO replacing the upper triple and adding clip-ons back to the bike will bring it back to stock feel. Shouldn't be much to it bro. what side of town are you on? whatcha gonna do with the triples and bars?
gotcha. it helps to have more info tha guessing what has been done
Old 08-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

to answer your questions. . .yes, that sounds like a good deal IMO. No, it won't be hard to install Yes, it will ride like a stock ZX7 (if you do it right!!)
Old 08-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelscamaro
Hi, found a guy who will sale me the triple-tree and both clip-on's for $125 shipped. I have a 2000 zx7r street fighter (see avatar) Not to bike mechanical, so
1) is it a good price.
2) is it hard to install.
3) would it give me the more aggresive ride-stance that I want. Don't care for the up-right riding position.

The guy who built it said that the only thing he replaced was the top triple-tree and the cruiser style bars. Everything else is stock.
holla at me when you get it and ring it over and i'll help you put it on. by the way you didn't need the triple jsut the triple clamp ( top part) jsu hit me up i would grind those little nipples of the clip ons by the way cause they fit into a spot under the triple clamp thus making you not be able to bring the clip ons further out or in.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
Hotwheelscamaro

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

Thanks, I wanna try it with the factory style bars. I think it will make a big difference.

Paniro, I'll send you a PM when they get here, thanks.

Jetcycles, Gonna hold on to them for awhile just as a precaution. If I don't need them, I'll PM you. What kind you have on yours?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:43 AM   #8
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I have LSL risers and clamps at the moment. I have no use for the ZX clamps, but I know someone who's building a SF ninja, and they may work. Ebay that t bro, you'll get your $125 back for sure. JET
Old 08-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
Hotwheelscamaro

Bike(s):
10 HD Ultra Limited
Sold 01 ZX7
Sold 96 ZX6R
Sold 02 ZX6E

The person building the SF Ninja in the area? Maybe we can just trade parts.

Advertisement