MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #61
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
We will all be the same color soon enough.
you're right about that...

the other day i was talkin to this dude and he was sayin how his mom is half white half chinese.....his dad was half mexican half black....i asked him, so what would that make you, just to see what he would say (thinkin he would say which race he'd pick over most)....and he gave a good answer...."the if i know....i'm american"

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
:angry7: had this link forwarded to me by another member. Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 62 06-11-2007 11:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #62
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

My neighbor is Asian but she's from Jamaica and has a Jamaican accent. Her husband has a German accent but he's from Switzerland. The daughter married a hispanic guy.

Their boy is all confused.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #63
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
My mom is from Iceland and my dad from El Salvador.

jk
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #64
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
you're right about that...

the other day i was talkin to this dude and he was sayin how his mom is half white half chinese.....his dad was half mexican half black....i asked him, so what would that make you, just to see what he would say (thinkin he would say which race he'd pick over most)....and he gave a good answer...."the if i know....i'm american"
This must be a hot topic in the collective right now because I was having a chat just yesterday as well about this with some coworkers. One also mentioned that he saw a right up about how the labels heterosexaul, homosexual and bisexual will begin to disolve as well. Strange stuff!

We are living in historical times.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #65
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
My neighbor is Asian but she's from Jamaica and has a Jamaican accent. Her husband has a German accent but he's from Switzerland. The daughter married a hispanic guy.

Their boy is all confused.
There should be no confusion. He is a human being on the planet Earth and currently residing in the region know as The United States of America.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #66
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
There should be no confusion. He is a human being on the planet Earth and currently residing in the region know as The United States of America.
Allow me to edit:

Originally Posted by denhou1974

[facetious] Their boy is all confused. [/facetious]
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #67
steve210

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Suzuki M109R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
Although I agree that there is an absolutely ridiculous double standard that goes on when it comes to race and culture here in the US, I must say I have a few problems with a few different aspects of that argument. Some examples, such as the ones the initial post pointed out, suggest such a double standard but the argument presented before us doesn't address all facets of this topic.

For example, the argument says that blacks have a "whole month" dedicated to "their" history. Well were Black history month not in effect, would we go as far in depth about the influence that blacks have had on this great nation? I would tend to think not, atleast not to any degree significance (IMO). I also wonder if we would re-visit the topic of slavery and its adverse effect on our country (we had a civil war as a result, that's a pretty significant happening). Considering the current climate of "political correctness" (I hate that shyt btw), I think people (particularly those who are not 'black') would gradually move away from the topic altogether because it may be a "non-issue" to them as they are not black. This would lead to slavery and other important topics (i.e. civil rights) to be dropped out of the educational curriculum, which would be a disservice because those are very important topics that represent very critical moments in US history. As far as blacks having BET, aside from the name of the network...what is racist about that channel? Nothing. They have shows which all races can enjoy...I know plenty of whites, hispanics, n asians that laugh their off at comic view. If you have a problem with the name, then create a petition and sue.

This has an ignorance about it that perturbs me just a lil bit...

First of all, yes...I AM EXTREMELY PROUD TO BE BLACK. But that doesn't mean that I think my race is superior to that of any other. I am simply proud of my heritage. I happen to also be EXTREMELY PROUD TO BE CREOLE. Doesn't make me better than anyone...it simply makes me that much more unique.

Secondly, I have never robbed anyone...whoever posted this is treading rough waters when they make this assessment because it implies that only blacks, mexicans and others rob, steal and kill unjustly. Ever heard of the Ku Klux Klan?...they used to (and still do when they can get away with it) hang people because they weren't white. Blacks aren't the only group of people who commit gang violence. So I guess blacks are the only types of drug dealers out there? GET THE OUTTA HERE WITH THAT...You're probably the same type of guy that think Rodney King "deserved" the -whoopin' he received!

There was also a statement about "our neighborhoods" not being safe...try being a black man in a white neighborhood in Jackson, Mississippi, then talk to me about the safety of white neighborhoods. Sure there are black neighborhoods which are not safe (for some) to travel through but were you to look deeper, you would realize that the communities you are thinking of also tend to be impoverished communities. Have nots take from those that have...historically accurate statement. Lets get away from the whole...I'm sick of blacks pulling out the race card. I never pull out the race card but some people need to understand that there are "causes" and "effects" for everything that goes on. Older blacks tend to be racist as a result of their personal life experience. I'm am in no way excusing this mindset but I will ask that when you look at it from their perspective, can you not atleast 'understand' why they may think the way they do ?

Last thing I swear...

The word "******" is not, traditionally, a word used to describe blacks. "******" was, by definition, an ignorant person. The English of old referred to their Irish counterparts as "******s". That is all...

Very well put; I couldn't have said it better myself...:notworthy
steve210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #68
R6MILF
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2000 Yami R6/2001 Aprilla RSV /2005 Yami 50

Send a message via AIM to R6MILF Send a message via Yahoo to R6MILF
User is banned

R6MILF is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement