MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
chitownryder

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
95 zx9 SOLD LAST YEAR

Your thoughts????

Sorry fam! I placed this post in the wrong thrad catagory so here it is again.What's up MH family, Is there anyone here who have ridden or owned a Daytona 955I or tell me what are your thoughts about this bike. It doesn't matter what year it was that you have ridden, but just wanted to know what you guys think.
chitownryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts!!!! C.Hern5972 Off Topic 17 05-10-2012 05:27 AM
Your thoughts???? chitownryder General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-07-2011 09:36 AM
thoughts? BoyO General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 01-06-2011 11:17 PM
Some thoughts now that we are where we are. Mr. Unassailable The Circus 54 11-05-2008 06:14 PM
Thoughts ArturoC Off Topic 22 06-12-2007 02:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
chitownryder

Bike(s):
95 zx9 SOLD LAST YEAR

I'm looking into buying one within the next two weeks so just trying to get a little feedback on it. Thanks anyone else?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

you want feedback? ok.

they suck .
noobs buy truimphs cuz they all think the bike is different from the big 4 japanese makers but they can't afford a ducati or an aprillia or another italian. I've owned one, and just about everyone I know has and they find out very quickly that there is no decent dealer service. parts can be sketchy, and they aren't up to the big 4 when it comes to reliability. performance is close, but not close enough. if someone gave me one, I'd leave it outside my garage until someone stole it and I'd hope they weren't enough to bring it back when it broke.
They are both ugly liberals cocksuckers. Can't wait till they stop stinking up the white house with their curry meals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
and made those people so He can have them slaughtered..
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Snoogyns848
BOSSMAN

Bike(s):
Ducati 848

Never owned one, but I have ridden plenty...it seems if they have been well maintaned its a great bike...pretty light for there time, good power delivery, and its actually pretty simple to maintain yourself until valve adjustment time...but its worth paying good money for someone who knows what they are doing on your bike. And if you need a good Triumph tech let me know, I am one.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
triumphant675r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
you want feedback? ok.

they suck .
noobs buy truimphs cuz they all think the bike is different from the big 4 japanese makers but they can't afford a ducati or an aprillia or another italian. I've owned one, and just about everyone I know has and they find out very quickly that there is no decent dealer service. parts can be sketchy, and they aren't up to the big 4 when it comes to reliability. performance is close, but not close enough. if someone gave me one, I'd leave it outside my garage until someone stole it and I'd hope they weren't enough to bring it back when it broke.

He's definitely right about dealers and parts, I love my triumph, and may buy another one after this bike, but he's right lol, good luck with dealer service.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Not bad. Earlier models wernt the best fuel injection wise but can be tuned/mapped out.'
Comparatively speaking most 1000cc Japanese sport bikes are more capable, but may be a bit less comfortable.
Parts are more expensive and take longer to come in.
Servicing isn't bad, and there's actually a few good techs in town that work on Triumphs, including us.

One last thing and we offer this to everyone; BEFORE you buy the bike, have the owner bring it by. We'll do a visual inspection and test drive free.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
nchristie

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph Tiger 800

"noobs buy truimphs cuz they all think the bike is different from the big 4 japanese makers but they can't afford a ducati or an aprillia or another italian. "

OK, so I guess I'm a noob - 'cause I'm on my 3rd triumph (96 Speed Triple, 98 Trophy. 04 Speed Triple). I've only been riding since 1974. Italian bikes? Yea - the Ducati and Guzi are too short of leg for me, and the Triumph riding position is more comfortable. OH - and you don't know me, don't know what I can or cannot afford, so STFU.

"I've owned one, and just about everyone I know has and they find out very quickly that there is no decent dealer service. " So learn how to maintain it yourself, unless of course you are a noob.

"parts can be sketchy" OEM, not so. Aftermarket? Not as much as the big 4 Japanese, if that's important to you. Of course, once one is no longer a noob, they can fab / modify pretty much anything they'd need.

"and they aren't up to the big 4 when it comes to reliability. " I disagree - but only having owned three, maybe I'm mistaken.

"performance is close, but not close enough. " Outright performance is not a match for a CBR-ZX- R1 - RR - GSXR - whatever. Not close. BUt street riding is better, in my experience.

"if someone gave me one, I'd leave it outside my garage until someone stole it and I'd hope they weren't enough to bring it back when it broke. " If someone gives you one, give me your address and I'll help you out here.
nchristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchristie View Post
"noobs buy truimphs cuz they all think the bike is different from the big 4 japanese makers but they can't afford a ducati or an aprillia or another italian. "

OK, so I guess I'm a noob - 'cause I'm on my 3rd triumph (96 Speed Triple, 98 Trophy. 04 Speed Triple). I've only been riding since 1974. Italian bikes? Yea - the Ducati and Guzi are too short of leg for me, and the Triumph riding position is more comfortable. OH - and you don't know me, don't know what I can or cannot afford, so STFU.

"I've owned one, and just about everyone I know has and they find out very quickly that there is no decent dealer service. " So learn how to maintain it yourself, unless of course you are a noob.

"parts can be sketchy" OEM, not so. Aftermarket? Not as much as the big 4 Japanese, if that's important to you. Of course, once one is no longer a noob, they can fab / modify pretty much anything they'd need.

"and they aren't up to the big 4 when it comes to reliability. " I disagree - but only having owned three, maybe I'm mistaken.

"performance is close, but not close enough. " Outright performance is not a match for a CBR-ZX- R1 - RR - GSXR - whatever. Not close. BUt street riding is better, in my experience.

"if someone gave me one, I'd leave it outside my garage until someone stole it and I'd hope they weren't enough to bring it back when it broke. " If someone gives you one, give me your address and I'll help you out here.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
i have a very ok walmart bike.

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchristie View Post

U MAD?
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
U MAD?
no . Someone took that extremely personal.....
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
triumphant675r

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
no . Someone took that extremely personal.....

Us Triumph riders are sensitive, everyone's always comparing us to japanese or italian bikes
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
nchristie

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph Tiger 800

Nothing personal taken - I just wanted to give the original guy asking the question more facts and data than "they suck ".
nchristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #14
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I'd love a speed triple.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
chitownryder

Bike(s):
95 zx9 SOLD LAST YEAR

Well hellz bellz thank you all for the words of wisdom its really good to hear a different point of view from all sides. I still may consider buying it but bikes are like women there are so many its hard to choose, unless she is a big girl sorry to all my bro's that like them large and in charge. Thanks agian guys. So you out riding again soon.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #16
Jefe

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'12 Haro Flightline 29er
'09 R6 (sold)
'07 V-Star 1100 Custom (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

Just buy what you want and what you're comfortable on. Everyone will have a different opinion. It's good to see what people think, but don't let it sway your decision due to someone's bad experiences.
My $0.02
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
you want feedback? ok.

they suck .
As the old saying goes....better to remain silent and thought the fool than speak and remove all doubt.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
Us Triumph riders are sensitive, everyone's always comparing us to japanese or italian bikes
Well....the only other bikes left are german and chinese. All that could be said then was that triumphs are less ugly than german bikes, and more reliable than chinese.

And lets be honest: neither of those is saying much.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
triumphant675r

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Well....the only other bikes left are german and chinese. All that could be said then was that triumphs are less ugly than german bikes, and more reliable than chinese.

And lets be honest: neither of those is saying much.
To each their own

personally, I'd take that over a GSX-R any day

On a real note though, I love being on a slightly taller bike, and having options for riding position.

Advertisement