MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Now Hiring...

Thats right, for anyone who likes punishment, there is a position available as an apprentice in my shop at the Houston Chronicle. It's a 5 year apprenticeship during which time you will gain experience on chill water systems, air conditioning and patience.

Benifits include Pension, 401k, Health/Vision/Dental Paid vacations and of course, you get to be trained by me

You will work in 1 of 2 places, wither 4747 sw freeway (the old post building) or at 801 texas avenue (the old chronicle building).

Only requirements are

1. Pass a drug test
2. showing up on time
3. Don't mind getting dirty

We are really looking for a long-term kinda person as it takes a while to train someone, and previous experience isn't necessary, if you have a good work ethic we can teach you what you need to know.

Anyone interested?
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
now hiring!!/??? cbrwayne Off Topic 11 08-17-2010 01:12 PM
Are You Hiring???? Grinchy Off Topic 29 07-01-2010 08:30 PM
M/U Is Now Hiring! Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 07-16-2007 05:23 PM
Anyone hiring? Robert95z Off Topic 51 01-31-2007 11:55 PM
We're hiring!!! jetcycles General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 09-07-2006 12:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #3
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

how much dough
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
bikerboyz

foreal how much to start off ^^^^
bikerboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:59 AM   #5
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Right off the bat you normally start around 450 per week, after five years that number pretty much doubles if you get your 1st grade stationary engineers license.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 AM   #6
bikerboyz

so thats how much you start off right when you come in, and after 5 years you will be making double that how many hours a day
Old 08-29-2006, 01:35 AM   #7
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

do you work for the chronicle?

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
link to forward resume?
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:51 AM   #9
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Its a 40 hour work week, 8 hours a day, either 7am-3pm or 3-11 or 11-7am(what I'm working right now)

As far as link to forward resume we don't have one.. we aren't that fancy =)

BUT when my boss comes in, in the morning, I'll ask him if those interested need to contact him directly or if they need to contact human resources first, once I find out I'll post the appropriate number.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 AM   #10
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickykline
do you work for the chronicle?

Yeah, thats 1 of my 3 jobs =)
Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 AM   #11
bikerboyz

im vary intereasted because the job i have right now sucks so i dont mind getting a little dirty do yall get paid every week or every 2 weeks when can i go up there and talk to you
Old 08-29-2006, 02:03 AM   #12
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

We get paid every two weeks, if you don't mind getting dirty you'll love it, and after you've been there for a couple of years, you don't get _as_ dirty, we just run the new folks through the gauntlet to weed out the lazy folks =)

Anyone who's interested should be able to come by first thing in the morning and apply, but I need to find out who you contact first before you show up, I'll find out when my boss comes in.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:17 AM   #13
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

I cant do it. I am still in Iraq. I am putting together a contingency plan for when I return. I have had enough of this place. I am ready to return to Houston but wont finish till DEC. :(
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 08-29-2006, 02:20 AM   #14
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

ooh they will definatly have it filled by then, However, I'm also the building engineer for a hotel and they have similar positions open on a pretty regular basis, I can put in a good word for you there when it gets closer to december =)
Old 08-29-2006, 02:28 AM   #15
bikerboyz

like how dirty do you have to get is it like trash work or what? if you could private message me when you get the number of the person im soppoed to contact thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 02:34 AM   #16
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz
like how dirty do you have to get is it like trash work or what? if you could private message me when you get the number of the person im soppoed to contact thanks

Well, heres what you basically do when you start out.

We have these air handler units to provide air conditioning to various parts of the building, they need to have their coils cleaned, filters changed, belts and bearings inspected/replaced as needed and kept clean.

We also have water tests that we take for our hot and cold loop systems and we log and monitor plant equipment (Chillers, Boilers, Air compressors, Air Dryers and Vacuum pumps)

We also take care of trouble calls relating to our equipment breaking down, or someone being uncomfortable in their area. (Yes, sometimes you will be in the middle of tearing down an air handler, and the little old lady on the 5th floor wants you to come raise her thermistat 2 degrees because she's nippy)

Thats pretty much it, some of that stuff requires you to get dirty, but most doesn't.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:52 AM   #17
bikerboyz

:laughing6 that was funny about the old lady cant stop laughing well just hit me up when you know who to contact thank
Old 08-29-2006, 03:14 AM   #18
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

If you want a faster response pm me your celly, otherwise you'll have to wait until I get home around 1-2pm to find out :P
Old 08-29-2006, 03:33 AM   #19
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
im the right man for the job.... well i could use a job but i probably wont do any work, when do i get my check?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:01 AM   #20
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4o3
im the right man for the job.... well i could use a job but i probably wont do any work, when do i get my check?
There is a job for you at the MPS downtown , Ryan. All you have to do is stand in line, raise your right hand, & repeat the oath that will change your life forever Have you taken an ASVAB?

Advertisement