MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #21
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

tony and his crew ride fast, but responsible. Remember cooler weather=more hill country deer movment.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supermoto Hill Country ride #3!!!! OCT 16-19 BYRDMAN Super Motards 162 10-22-2014 09:31 AM
MSTA TX Hill Country Rally - Kerrvile - Oct 29-31 CBRMichael Events, Meets and Rides 0 10-07-2010 06:11 PM
Ride to San Antonio bioGuru General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-17-2010 08:40 PM
THREE SISTERS RIDE in San Antonio Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 11-07-2007 06:20 PM
Ride to San Antonio rick Events, Meets and Rides 25 07-24-2007 03:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #22
Nox

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
They are planning on staying in Leakey which was about 100 miles from where we stayed on our trip last weekend. I really like the cabin idea as that cut cost for lodging and made for a more social environment when we weren't riding (as opposed to sitting in a hotel or Daisy Duke's). I wouldn't mind maybe staying in Comfort or something if we could find a place with cabins. I do not want to pitch a tent . So make for an easy decision and hang out with your MotoHouston peeps....not the VMAX group and Noctem J/K!!!
aww youre going to miss me arent you Dbuck? well what can i say? ive got to make me rounds. :laughing6 when you all decide where youll be staying maybe ill just show up uninvited. Thats usually how i show up anywhere anyway. :laughing6

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #23
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctem
yes good sir i do member. were you able to find a location to stay?
The family wanted to go to Seaworld the same time as the ride so I was staying in San Antonio nearby. That may have changed so I will have to look around for a room. Any suggestions?
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #24
Nox

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

jrock you got mail.

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #25
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
This is a 300 mile plus ride all day Saturday 28, OCT. You all must understand that I am responsible for the guest that I give the invitation too. I'll keep you all up to date as to Cabins reservation. The club also has some other concerns for interested riders. Need to be aware of the gear requirements and riding style. We won't compromise safety to accomodate them. If they will not agree to what we have established as safety guidelines and riding protocol, then they won't be welcome at the event and will be asked to leave. If they will, then cool and I hope they enjoy themselves. We don't do any stunting on this ride. It's tough enough just to finish the entire ride. Yes they'll be different groups as well. Email me to get a quicker response. Thanks!
tschreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #26
speedismo
OCD for speed

PM sent

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #27
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

email sent
Old 08-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I'm going to pass.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #29
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
I'm going to pass.
WTF???
Old 08-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #30
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I'll be there of course...the 3.5 Liter Bug eater will be out there eating up the roads.
There are a lot of places to get a cabin at in Leaky.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #31
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2
WTF???
I was thinking the same thing.....

"This is a 300 mile plus ride all day Saturday 28, OCT. You all must understand that I am responsible for the guest that I give the invitation too. I'll keep you all up to date as to Cabins reservation. The club also has some other concerns for interested riders. Need to be aware of the gear requirements and riding style. We won't compromise safety to accomodate them. If they will not agree to what we have established as safety guidelines and riding protocol, then they won't be welcome at the event and will be asked to leave. If they will, then cool and I hope they enjoy themselves. We don't do any stunting on this ride. It's tough enough just to finish the entire ride. Yes they'll be different groups as well. Email me to get a quicker response. Thanks!"

^^^^I think this scared him....

Perhaps Tony doesn't know that a group of 12 of just finished riding these same roads (but we did 400 miles ) and we didn't have one incident and every rider wore appropriate gear....
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #32
BrutusTx

Member Garage

It turns me off completely when someone starts telling me the requirements and protocols............it's not a race track out there and I'm a big boy.
Never did like inspections................this just isn't my cup of tea.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #33
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
It turns me off completely when someone starts telling me the requirements and protocols............it's not a race track out there and I'm a big boy.
Mang! No worries these guys are cool they are just pretty straight forward about what not to do. It's better to post it up and let it be known since a wide variety of people do read this board(a few squids here and there). If you go I'm there for sho
Old 08-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #34
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
I agree with you 100% Clyde, but I think this guy is trying to turn the squids away. Kinda like Max did in his e-mails. Basically saying, if you're there to race and f*ck around....go do your own ride. However, like we discussed before....driving 3 hours just to get to the starting point and then dropping a couple hundred bones on gas, food, and lodging pretty much cuts the suidly riders out of the picture. I'm sure this is his intent more than anything. I'm sure the TSBA guys will have no problem with you riding in Suzuki leathers while riding a Duc
Old 08-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #35
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.....

"This is a 300 mile plus ride all day Saturday 28, OCT. You all must understand that I am responsible for the guest that I give the invitation too. I'll keep you all up to date as to Cabins reservation. The club also has some other concerns for interested riders. Need to be aware of the gear requirements and riding style. We won't compromise safety to accomodate them. If they will not agree to what we have established as safety guidelines and riding protocol, then they won't be welcome at the event and will be asked to leave. If they will, then cool and I hope they enjoy themselves. We don't do any stunting on this ride. It's tough enough just to finish the entire ride. Yes they'll be different groups as well. Email me to get a quicker response. Thanks!"

^^^^I think this scared him....

Perhaps Tony doesn't know that a group of 12 of just finished riding these same roads (but we did 400 miles ) and we didn't have one incident and every rider wore appropriate gear....
Yes, Tony is aware of that ride you all took and the awesome pictures as well. The same rule applies for this ride, that's it. If the same group of men wants to go the send me a email. As for riding, 300 miles is an est. there are 400 to 500 mile rides. Just depends what group your in. Yes, were responsible just like any other organized group. I want everyone to have a great time and come home safe with lots of stories. There's only so much opportunity to do these events.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #36
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Quote:
I agree with you 100% Clyde, but I think this guy is trying to turn the squids away. Kinda like Max did in his e-mails. Basically saying, if you're there to race and f*ck around....go do your own ride. However, like we discussed before....driving 3 hours just to get to the starting point and then dropping a couple hundred bones on gas, food, and lodging pretty much cuts the suidly riders out of the picture. I'm sure this is his intent more than anything. I'm sure the TSBA guys will have no problem with you riding in Suzuki leathers while riding a Duc
You invited! , if I could say it any clearer! Just like when your out on the track. What group your in matters to how you ride, pass ect.... Same for anything else, we breif everyone before we take off. We only stop for food and gas that's it. If you have an X1 GMRS like me that's great you can listen and speak to all the others as well. Safety is always my number 1 priority. That ensures to everyone else that we can trust no one will do something totally stupid to ruin the ride for everyone else. If this isn't for you I understand but I know when you ride out there with me you will remember this experience.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #37
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Send a message via AIM to Flying Scot Send a message via MSN to Flying Scot
I'm in and I would be a lot happier knowing Clyde and the other "August riders" were confirmed. So what's it to be guys? Let's do it!!!

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
www.myspace.com/getitupyee
Flying Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM   #38
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scot
I'm in and I would be a lot happier knowing Clyde and the other "August riders" were confirmed. So what's it to be guys? Let's do it!!!
PM Sent
Old 08-31-2006, 11:53 AM   #39
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80