MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #1
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Was this you?

Found this on another forum. Was it someone from here?

I had my first wreck today. I live in houston and I ride into the city everyday. Let me give you some background. I ride a 2005 F4i and I've been riding for 5 months. Im pretty confident in my skills but I know what my limits are so I usually just commute and go cruisin with it. So I don't do anything that stupid. Now to the wreck. I was on my way to work wednesday and traffic was bumper to bumper so I cruised in the hov lane. Now the hov lane where I live is next to the left lane so its not seperated by two barriers. Now I pulled out into the hov about the same time as this women corolla. The speed limit is 65 and we were doing dead on 70, we were cruising and she sudedenly slammed her brakes. So I of course hit my front brakes then quickly hit my rears. Being in the hov I didn't have many options of where to go other than into her bumper. After I hit my brakes my rear slid out to the right then back to the left then back to the right again. I was really close to the barrier cause I was hoping I could fit inbetween her and the barrier (which wasn't going to happen) Since I was that close to the barrier where all the sand and dirt and rocks were that's my tire broke loose cause I know I wasn't on it hard enough to lock'em up. After the tire came back to the right I flipped over the handlebars and rolled down the highway. I snapped both the bones in my right arm and got bad roadrash on my left palm. So now I'm getting surgery to get plates in my arm in a few days. The woman that was ahead of me didnt stop until a pedestrian stopped her and after he the guy talked to her she drove off before the cops came and left so I am stuck paying for all my damage.
I just wanted to inform all you other guys that no matter how careful and aware you are of other people they probably aren't aware of you. I guess its one of those things you can be told a thousand times but it doesnt sink in til you actually see and realize how important it is to be as careful as you can
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
rickykline
super squid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

wonder if he was wearing gloves? i was when i went down at 70 and i know i put my hands out first outta instint and pulled them in quickly i didnt get any rash.. i love those olmpyia gloves... lol

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement