MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #21
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark
check clutch adjustment, motor noise, headbearings. Make sure to check C-list in your area to see what else is available in that price range.
first thing I can think of is that its not going to go potato, potato, potato = keep looking

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So, let's critique this video Rttoys General Discussion (Moto Related) 120 07-10-2015 05:16 PM
Critique my cornering Salty General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-18-2014 10:18 AM
Track Critique SGT USMC 0311 Taking it to the Track 22 07-08-2013 01:30 PM
Body Position Critique FKNA Taking it to the Track 33 11-09-2011 08:24 AM
Please critique my work Mr F. Off Topic 45 08-19-2011 01:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #22
NisAznMonk
USAF n00b

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Honda CB400 Super Four

Send a message via AIM to NisAznMonk
more pics...

Old 08-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #23
NisAznMonk
USAF n00b

Bike(s):
Honda CB400 Super Four

The owner left me a message and said that this was her first bike, and she had laid it down twice. I guess thats where the scratches are from. What do you all think?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #24
bikerboyz

dude its been laid down twice wow i would check the engine for cracks etc, plus its a girl owned it dam woman never change the oil i would check for that allso :laughing6 anyways if i were you i would take someone who know about bikes just to be safe and let that person test drive it
Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #25
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
hehe. thats a good way to start knocking down the price. just ask when the last oil change was done. they might be prepared to answer that, but go ahead and ask them about the coolant level. that has most new riders going "ummmmm....", and then be like "omg, you dont even know?!?!?" hahah.

check the brake fluids levels, front and rear. its hard to tell from the pics, but check up real close, and look for little cracks, its a sign the tires are drying out. might need new tires depending on how bad it is.

wipe your finger across the chain. if your finger is clean and dry, give her a funny look, and be like "when is the last time you lubed the chain". the chain should always have lube on it. should be lubed every 600 mi, or after it rains, basicly whenever its dry.

i wouldnt worry too much about it being laid down (but act like you are to get a better price) newbie bikes and being laid down go hand in hand. usually at slow speeds. on newer more expensive bikes you have to worry about it, but not so much on a beater like this. as long as the subframe and wheels and all are straight its cool, IMO.

oh, and i have to give a for the flush mounts. they help make the bike not look 15 years old...

Last edited by Chris24; 08-26-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #26
NisAznMonk
USAF n00b

Bike(s):
Honda CB400 Super Four

Would it still be an "ok" bike for me?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #27
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NisAznMonk
Would it still be an "ok" bike for me?
IMO yeah its an "ok" bike for you. doesnt mean you cant keep looking around, too, though. i think starting on a bike like this is cooler than starting on a ninja 250, and as long as you respect the bike, its just as safe. if you cant respect a bike, you have no business being on bikes to begin with, not even 250's.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:12 PM   #28
mammothmc

I dare you to find something for under 2k that isn't a junked out stunted pos.

It looks like a great beginner bike. Well worth 2k & it will still be worth 2k no matter how long you ride it if you take the same care of it that the original owner did. Don't listen to these cheap .
Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #29
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc
I dare you to find something for under 2k that isn't a junked out stunted pos.

It looks like a great beginner bike. Well worth 2k & it will still be worth 2k no matter how long you ride it if you take the same care of it that the original owner did. Don't listen to these cheap .
i stand by 1000 so i guess i'm saying go **** yourself.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 08-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #30
mammothmc

You first

After you find the guy a "sport bike" for a Fk'n grand. You're selling that POS track bike of yours for more than that right....

The guy wanted some real advice not some talking from a know nothing idiot.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #31
paniro187

Quote:
You first

After you find the guy a "sport bike" for a Fk'n grand. You're selling that POS track bike of yours for more than that right....

The guy wanted some real advice not some talking from a know nothing idiot.
my track bike has a 1000 bucks worth of suspension done on it. and it's coming with a spare motor you ****ing wad. 1000 tops 1200 if she can prove maintenance has been done.

Last edited by paniro187; 08-26-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:34 PM   #32
mammothmc

You're actually dumb enough to think you're competitive on a zx7...........
priceless

Name the track & day. What year is your bike...........I've got several to choose from so that you can't cry about my "newer" bike being the reason you got spanked.

Here's a little info from the blue books in case you're interested in spouting off something that isn't bullshit for once in your life.

1998 Yamaha FZR600R
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
600cc
Suggested Retail Value $3040

1993 Yamaha FZR600R
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
600cc
Suggested Retail Value $2395
Old 08-26-2006, 11:38 PM   #33
paniro187

Quote:
You're actually dumb enough to think you're competitive on a zx7...........
priceless

Name the track & day. What year is your bike...........I've got several to choose from so that you can't cry about my "newer" bike being the reason you got spanked.

Here's a little info from the blue books in case you're interested in spouting off something that isn't bullshit for once in your life.

1998 Yamaha FZR600R
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
600cc
Suggested Retail Value $3040

1993 Yamaha FZR600R
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
600cc
Suggested Retail Value $2395
didn't say i was competitive. bikes been dropped looks pretty bad don't know the history. sorry but 2000 is high. 7r is gone anyway so until the 636 is ready I'll have ot wait to take you up on that challenge. I'm more than interested. 32,000 miles rashed and don't know the history If i say **** it and say it's worth half then it's still 1500 tops. like i said 1000 tops 200 more if i see reciepts.

Last edited by paniro187; 08-26-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #34
paniro187

then again i'm not buying it anyway so **** you and **** off. you have his thread enough.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #35
paniro187

paniro187 might have finally met his yang

Old 08-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #36
mammothmc

Don't you say ******* to me. Cause I'll ******* you & after that I'll ****** you bike & then I'll go after your ******* & then I'll get out a ****** and things will get really outta hand. Cause I'll ******* & then I'll ****** over here & then maybe some more ******* over there. After that if I'm still ***** then there's gonna be ******* to pay. Cause I'll ************************************************** *** & ******************** So there!

Grow up & shut your holster when you don't know what youre talking about. You can disagree without being a about it. No hard feelings though . When your bikes ready let me know & we'll head out to OHR to play. My shop is only a half hour away.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:00 AM   #37
NisAznMonk
USAF n00b

Bike(s):
Honda CB400 Super Four

So....is it safe to say that $1200 tops for this bike is an ok deal?
Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #38
paniro187

Quote:
Don't you say ******* to me. Cause I'll ******* you & after that I'll ****** you bike & then I'll go after your ******* & then I'll get out a ****** and things will get really outta hand. Cause I'll ******* & then I'll ****** over here & then maybe some more ******* over there. After that if I'm still ***** then there's gonna be ******* to pay. Cause I'll ************************************************** *** & ******************** So there!

Grow up & shut your holster when you don't know what youre talking about. You can disagree without being a about it. No hard feelings though . When your bikes ready let me know & we'll head out to OHR to play. My shop is only a half hour away.
keep flapping those suckers my good man just keep flapping away.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #39
mammothmc

yep
Old 08-27-2006, 12:02 AM   #40
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by NisAznMonk
So....is it safe to say that $1200 tops for this bike is an ok deal?
just try usually money talks if it's right in the persons face.

Closed Thread

Advertisement