Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #41
Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
right of course - I was hoping the point is taken that there is a reason for using the correct solution for each case...
We both understood your point. . .our posts were just highlighting how simple yet complicated the whole situation can be.
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
“Never Has There Been A Safe Vaccine. Never Will There Be A Safe Vaccine” – Dr. Suzan Petro Off Topic 68 05-10-2014 08:13 PM
Be safe and think out there! Classax General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 04-23-2014 12:38 PM
is it safe to.. iCole General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 10-18-2008 11:58 PM
Is it safe.... quicksaveme General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-29-2007 11:00 PM
Old 02-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #42
Resident Ginja
Feedback Rating: (3)

'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
my bike likes this

mobil rc 4tsynth oil MDmobil rc 4tsynth oil MD
mobil rc 4tsynth oil MDmobil rc 4tsynth oil MD

I've used this for about 30,000 miles. Original clutch and all, no slippage. I suppose if you have a problem with that then you need to go with OE specs but I have never heard of anyone really having problems (until now). Maybe I'm just lucky. Last oil change I switched to royal purple (no probs) but I want to go with amsoil on the next change.
Originally Posted by Azylum
... your is sexy. i want it.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #43
Safety Third
Feedback Rating: (0)

08 Busa
03 XR 50

I used nothing but Royal Purple in my last bike. It was non moto specific too. I had about 300 1/4 mi. passes and a few thousand street miles on it. I never had and clutch issues. Drag racing will tell you real quick if the clutch is slipping.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #44
If it's free, it's for me
Feedback Rating: (3)

'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Some people use Mobil 1 Red Cap - Non-Energy Conserving. If the bottle says Energy Conserving, then don't use it with a wet clutch.

This debate will never end... It is not a whole lot more to buy a motorcycle specific oil, so to each his own....
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote