MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #241
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Longest on the busa, 14 hrs
Longer on the Vfr , 12 hrs to el paso
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Vote for MH's Safest Slow Rider grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 12-19-2012 05:03 PM
MH Member--Rider Down Jonbones General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 11-10-2012 09:05 PM
MH Safe Leader/Rider Recogniction Mala Lingua General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 02-15-2012 11:17 PM
are you on MH unknown rider? houseofpaint General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-28-2008 04:11 PM
Prayers Please..Fellow MH Rider.. BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 308 05-23-2007 10:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #242
cbrwayne

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR600rr
08 CBR600rr

damm alot of ppl wana help this dude out
cbrwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #243
Zombiekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrwayne View Post

Me?
Zombiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:33 AM   #244
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrwayne View Post
I just went through all the pages of this thread too and I can relate. I'll go ahead and share my story with u:

Took a course, it was on a 250cc cruiser and I loved it. Best experience ever when you can do it on your own and learn all the fundamentals the proper way. A lot of my friends all have 600cc+ SS bikes or crusiers with bigger motors so I wanted to 1) get in the game, and 2) be able to keep up. Despite my wants, I was convinced repeatedly to start small and after reading many threads and other articles all over the internet, it started getting through to me that it would be the best route.

However like u, I was still motivated to get that bike I wanted. My money, my call right? So...I saved up money, picked up some gear as I patiently waited for that RIGHT deal to come along on that 600 for my budget. It never did, but what did fall into my lap was this 09 Ninja 250R that I currently now proudly own. I must say, my first test ride on it is still unforgettable. You may think it's not cool because what, a number? Smaller numbers doesn't equal less fun. As mentioned before, when you're on two wheels, and you have a true love and appreciation for it, you won't care what brand/cc/name/mods/color it is or has. That feeling of the experience is all you need to know during and even after you've parked it at your destination.

Trust me, try one out and you will surprise yourself. Kawasaki really outdid themselves when they created this new model 250. I think it's the one of the fastest production 250's ever and as you already know, it looks like one of the big boys. Most people still don't believe me when I tell them it's a 250. They have to stare it down and love checking it out. The way you ride and carry yourself will always make the difference. I know it's repetitive but ride in your own limit, always be willing to learn, always respect the bike and the road.

I've been riding for a little over half a year:

- plenty of cruises had no problem keeping up with the crowd of stronger and "more experienced" riders
- plenty of 1.5hr rides with no aches or pains because you can actually sit up on this bike
- plenty of oil changes and proper maintenance and I couldn't be happier with how much I've learned
- exceptional gas mileage (65+mpg avg) if that's your thing
- plenty of thumbs up and smiles plus good looks from fellow riders, kids, and women-alike

So if you ask me, yes, I would love a 600cc SS bike right now, just like I did before. Furthermore, no, I do not regret buying the Ninja 250 as my first bike and truth be told if possible, I'd like to still keep it after upgrading because it is just that awesome. Read around, you will see. Ride one, and you will know.

We all want more informed and good riders out there because it makes our insurance lower and brings less negative attention/media to a great pass time. I hope this helps and best of luck to your decision.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #245
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #246
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Experience: 2 years
^^^ Seriously a great write up!
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #247
MrT713
Grand Kushi

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Longest on the busa, 14 hrs
Longer on the Vfr , 12 hrs to el paso
I made it to El Paso in 9 hrs in my Silverado.
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #248
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT713 View Post
I made it to El Paso in 9 hrs in my Silverado.
bet you had to stop less often for breaks in the silverado too.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #249
MrT713
Grand Kushi

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track

I don't take breaks when I do long distance. I think I stopped for gas maybe once, and that was it. It was an all night drive, at about 100 mph all the way once I passed San Antonio. People hate riding with me because I don't do the stops for food, or stops to stitch the legs. Maybe a side of the road , and that's it. Lol
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #250
Higham
Shh! Ur Boring Everyone!

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT713 View Post
I don't take breaks when I do long distance. I think I stopped for gas maybe once, and that was it. It was an all night drive, at about 100 mph all the way once I passed San Antonio. People hate riding with me because I don't do the stops for food, or stops to stitch the legs. Maybe a side of the road , and that's it. Lol
To El Paso?

Sorry didn't see you were in a truck. Didnt make sense to me you could do it in one stop.

Last edited by Higham; 01-29-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I can't read.
Higham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #251
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

on a bike the longest ride was houston to austin (lime creek) and then to san marcos to get some sleep.

Oh course I stopped for gas... but that is about it
Old 01-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #252
Zombiekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung View Post
I just went through all the pages of this thread too and I can relate. I'll go ahead and share my story with u:

Took a course, it was on a 250cc cruiser and I loved it. Best experience ever when you can do it on your own and learn all the fundamentals the proper way. A lot of my friends all have 600cc+ SS bikes or crusiers with bigger motors so I wanted to 1) get in the game, and 2) be able to keep up. Despite my wants, I was convinced repeatedly to start small and after reading many threads and other articles all over the internet, it started getting through to me that it would be the best route.

However like u, I was still motivated to get that bike I wanted. My money, my call right? So...I saved up money, picked up some gear as I patiently waited for that RIGHT deal to come along on that 600 for my budget. It never did, but what did fall into my lap was this 09 Ninja 250R that I currently now proudly own. I must say, my first test ride on it is still unforgettable. You may think it's not cool because what, a number? Smaller numbers doesn't equal less fun. As mentioned before, when you're on two wheels, and you have a true love and appreciation for it, you won't care what brand/cc/name/mods/color it is or has. That feeling of the experience is all you need to know during and even after you've parked it at your destination.

Trust me, try one out and you will surprise yourself. Kawasaki really outdid themselves when they created this new model 250. I think it's the one of the fastest production 250's ever and as you already know, it looks like one of the big boys. Most people still don't believe me when I tell them it's a 250. They have to stare it down and love checking it out. The way you ride and carry yourself will always make the difference. I know it's repetitive but ride in your own limit, always be willing to learn, always respect the bike and the road.

I've been riding for a little over half a year:

- plenty of cruises had no problem keeping up with the crowd of stronger and "more experienced" riders
- plenty of 1.5hr rides with no aches or pains because you can actually sit up on this bike
- plenty of oil changes and proper maintenance and I couldn't be happier with how much I've learned
- exceptional gas mileage (65+mpg avg) if that's your thing
- plenty of thumbs up and smiles plus good looks from fellow riders, kids, and women-alike

So if you ask me, yes, I would love a 600cc SS bike right now, just like I did before. Furthermore, no, I do not regret buying the Ninja 250 as my first bike and truth be told if possible, I'd like to still keep it after upgrading because it is just that awesome. Read around, you will see. Ride one, and you will know.

We all want more informed and good riders out there because it makes our insurance lower and brings less negative attention/media to a great pass time. I hope this helps and best of luck to your decision.
Well tahts a good story....I still want an cbr 600rr but I was looking around craigslist and here on the forum.....As long as I find like a new body ninja 250 and in my price range then I will try to get.....what you tould me and everyone ealse....I have decided to look for a ninja 250.....but If I find an cbr600 I will get it....but I will keep the ninja 250r first on my list.....
Zombiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #253
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

Sounds great. I respect and understand your desire for that CBR, but for 2k range you'll notice that it get's really tough to find complete satisfaction. The Ninja model you seek will be new (no worry about long history or outdated tech), good looking (unlike any other 250 besides maybe Hyosung or even better than some older boxy 600's), and provide you with that crucial stepping stone into the motorcycle world.

I searched CL, H-I, MH, and even eBay for months. I ended up finding the Ninja through a local area forum and friend. Strange how the world works. I may add too that I've rode a CBR600RR, ZX6R, and R6 since I've had my 250R and still am in love with it. I may have an opportunity to ride a 750 Gixxer soon as well so I'll keep you posted on that but in the meantime, keep searching, saving, and learning.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #254
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

2007 Kawasaki 250, only 310 miles, $2800.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2190262506.html
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement