MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #21
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
This is the type of answer I was looking for. Are bikes getting stolen by punks who steal anything at anytime, or by someone who specializes in just stealing bikes. Someone that really takes the time and puts a lot of thought into stealing bikes, making money off of them, and not getting caught.

Judging by how often the break up "theft rings" I'm guessing its well organized.....just not insanely profitable. Obviously profitable enough to keep doing, though.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Professional eltejano Off Topic 9 04-01-2011 11:53 AM
i dont care how professional you think you are miguel!! Stunters Lounge 35 06-27-2010 10:36 PM
Flash Professional 8, HELP ME!!!!!! alaska_rider Off Topic 6 12-31-2009 12:23 AM
NEED PROFESSIONAL OPINION kraelo General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 08-12-2007 08:25 PM
spraypaint to professional job.... houseofpaint Off Topic 10 02-08-2007 12:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #22
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
we used to hang out with a couple that once gained our trust will come into our house and steal jewerly, bike gear, cash laying around, etc. We no longer associate ourselves with them after noticing that stuff goes missing only when they are around! They must be making a killing at ripping people off cause they were able to afford a nice house, two bikes and two cars and do lots of track days and no proof of income!
NAME NAMES!

I think we need to know...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
NAME NAMES!

i think many of us already know who they are so no names needed, they stopped posting on MH after a few other members called them out so now they post on the other site. One word of advice, just be very careful on who you invite home!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #24
omer
SMR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
There are professional shitbags everywhere. . .where are you going with this? Chances are there are members of this forum that would rob you blind given the chance.
SO TRUE
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #25
Houstonbussa

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
we used to hang out with a couple that once gained our trust will come into our house and steal jewerly, bike gear, cash laying around, etc. We no longer associate ourselves with them after noticing that stuff goes missing only when they are around! They must be making a killing at ripping people off cause they were able to afford a nice house, two bikes and two cars and do lots of track days and no proof of income!
I know a couple like this (although they aren't motorcycle folks, so names are pointless). PITA.

I also know some pro-theifs (most are ex). Mostly cars. Chop shops make good money and would assume bikes would too. i mean if that's all they did was steal. I don't know any pro theifs here in Houston, but the ones I know made just shy of 100k a year if you were to put it in a figure.. Well that'd be 'til they got caught.. Not to mention they would blow it a quickly as they could get it. I don't know if there's enough bikes for someone to just steal bikes though.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #26
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
NAME NAMES!

last year they got caught selling somebody else's track credit to 3 different people, once the instructors found out they got called into the office to clarify the situation by the track organizer at which time they were informed that they were no longer welcomed to attend their track days for obvious reasons!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #27
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
THATS UP!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #28
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Theres always going to be that need for parts, and with fleabay and craigslist it just got easier. They are definetly out there, and always will be, so lock up your stuff.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #29
NICKR1
I eat my r1

Feedback Rating: (4)

NICKR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #30
randomwalk101

Quote:
Frank, you should have put up a trap & hidden cameras....Camera nowadays are so small you can hid them in vases, picture frame etc.. catch 'em bastards red handed and hand them over to the cops.

I have no clue who these people are. Please PM me their names (and screenames) so I can keep an eye out for them. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #31
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

when my R6 got stolen i found out it was a thief ring and their warehouse had 8 other stolen bikes

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
MiniBusa

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ninja 250
cbr

yes, work hours are 9-5
MiniBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #33
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
Frank, you should have put up a trap & hidden cameras....Camera nowadays are so small you can hid them in vases, picture frame etc.. catch 'em bastards red handed and hand them over to the cops.

I have no clue who these people are. Please PM me their names (and screenames) so I can keep an eye out for them. Thanks.
you are correct but at that time i didnt really see the need for all that cause i thought they were good friends, now i am a bit more careful of who i bring home. I am sure you know who i am referring to, they used to be very active in the motorcycle community and then suddenly dissapeared after i few of us (the victims) posted a few warning post on MH!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #34
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
you are correct but at that time i didnt really see the need for all that cause i thought they were good friends, now i am a bit more careful of who i bring home. I am sure you know who i am referring to, they used to be very active in the motorcycle community and then suddenly dissapeared after i few of us (the victims) posted a few warning post on MH!
Homework time!

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #35
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Everyone who posts here during working hours is a professional thief.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #36
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #37
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Just a thought. Always keep your personal information "personal". Just say you list the bikes you have. F4, Vrod, Z1000, BMWK1600, etc. Than you post that you are going for a ride and the rides normally take X amount of hours. What have you done? So Never Ever let anyone know exactly where you live unless you truly know them very well. My Opinion and Advice.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #38
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

^^yeap, specially if you live in an apartment complex that doesnt have garages to keep your bikes, they can just come with a van and take it from the parking lot in less than 2 minutes^^
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #39
Airmank1
Luu Motorsport & Team BLT

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
CBR600RR 05'
CBR600RR 07' (in Mexico)

Send a message via AIM to Airmank1
my last bike got stolen and Lo-Jack tracked it all the way to the Mexico then it stopped. All of that hard work gone
Airmank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #40
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmank1 View Post
my last bike got stolen and Lo-Jack tracked it all the way to the Mexico then it stopped. All of that hard work gone
that really sucks

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement