MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #61
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob
i don't have any "little sport bike friends" but i do have a harley leaking oil onto a plate of kitty litter in my garage.

do you make condescending statements to people you don't know all the time or just when you're on the internet?
little oil leaks can happen to any bikes and i make remarks all the time when i see/hear someone spewing venom and don't know what they are talking about.
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a survey company. GIXXERKELLY Off Topic 6 04-28-2010 11:02 AM
Black American or African American? blends Off Topic 71 01-30-2009 05:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #62
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #63
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
look at the specs for the rear wheel 160/60zr17. That is one skinny tires and have very small contact patch in corners. Also, this bike is a solo. Look at the rear section of the bike. Where is the passenger seat?
You know Hyosung has tried to squeeze in the American market but the consumer was too smart to buy this . So now, they try to appeal the market by saying it is the American made, America's sportbike company. This is insult to the Americans.:BangHead:
your vast motorcycle knowledge bamboozles me:confused1 Do you know anything about hyosung or their place in american motorcycling? do you know who builds A LOT of the parts for Suzuki? Do you know why Suzuki allows Hyosung to make a bike almost IDENTICAL to the SV? Of course you don't, so do a little more listening, and a lot less talking.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #64
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

does it go potato, potato, potato?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #65
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4o3
whats your point? your not good at regular maintenance? :confused1
thats what I'm thinking

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 08-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #66
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
does it go potato, potato, potato?
yes sir, it's a Twin
Old 08-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #67
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
your vast motorcycle knowledge bamboozles me:confused1 Do you know anything about hyosung or their place in american motorcycling? do you know who builds A LOT of the parts for Suzuki? Do you know why Suzuki allows Hyosung to make a bike almost IDENTICAL to the SV? Of course you don't, so do a little more listening, and a lot less talking.
Answer to the first questions: Hyosung sold less than 1 % in the U.S if you don't count their mini bikes. Answer to questions 2: Suzuki's of Japan. Answer to third questions: Suzuki is not threaten by the inferior bikes qualities, and couldn't do if they wanted to. If this isn't the answer then Mr. knowitall please inform us. I mean Mr. Hyosung please informed us of your status in U.S market sales and the quality of your craps.:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #68
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #69
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Answer to the first questions: Hyosung sold less than 1 % in the U.S if you don't count their mini bikes. Answer to questions 2: Suzuki's of Japan. Answer to third questions: Suzuki is not threaten by the inferior bikes qualities, and couldn't do if they wanted to. If this isn't the answer then Mr. knowitall please inform us. I mean Mr. Hyosung please informed us of your status in U.S market sales and the quality of your craps.:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
I'll be the first to admit that i do not "knowitall". I will also be the first to admit, that when i do not "knowitall", i do not go popping off at the mouth as if i do.:eh: Hyosung and Suzuki worked hand in hand on the SV650. Hyosung has been a contract parts manufacturer for Suzuki Motor Corp since the mid to late 70's. Just b/c you don't know about Hyosung, doesn't mean that Hyosung doesn't know about motorcycles. Not everyone, however, has the amazing ability to hop on a ZX10r and be as fast as you. the rest of us mortals have to start somewhere, and this bike is a great place to start. Sorry I bothered you.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #70
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
yes sir, it's a Twin
excellent

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 08-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #71
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
I'll be the first to admit that i do not "knowitall". I will also be the first to admit, that when i do not "knowitall", i do not go popping off at the mouth as if i do.:eh: Hyosung and Suzuki worked hand in hand on the SV650. Hyosung has been a contract parts manufacturer for Suzuki Motor Corp since the mid to late 70's. Just b/c you don't know about Hyosung, doesn't mean that Hyosung doesn't know about motorcycles. Not everyone, however, has the amazing ability to hop on a ZX10r and be as fast as you. the rest of us mortals have to start somewhere, and this bike is a great place to start. Sorry I bothered you.
:laughing6 Never said Hyosung don't know about motorcycles or small engines just not as great of qualities as the 's. Just not happy with the title as the new American sportbikes comp., propaganda.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #72
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
:laughing6 Never said Hyosung don't know about motorcycles or small engines just not as great of qualities as the 's. Just not happy with the title as the new American sportbikes comp., propaganda.
There are vast amounts of MC knowledge in that bike, and it's more american made than a Harley Davidson. Either way, you're correct (IMO) about japanese quality being higher than that of the Koreans. They have been in the business a lot longer, and have more knowledge under their belts.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #73
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 08-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #74
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Old 08-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #75
paniro187

Quote:
the sv engine was originally designed by hyosung. and if everything but the engine is amercian tha'ts not so bad now is it.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #76
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
the sv engine was originally designed by hyosung. and if everything but the engine is amercian tha'ts not so bad now is it.
USA, USA, USA!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #77
paniro187

Quote:
USA, USA, USA!
bottom line is you think you're fast cause you're on a 10r and that's so funny it's ridiculous.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 08-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #78
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
bottom line is you think you're fast cause you're on a 10r and that's so funny it's ridiculous.
you know what they say. . .Ignorance is bliss
Old 08-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #79
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
I am fast!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why I chose Kawi.
Fast bike for fast riders
If you are fast like me, you will want one too.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #80
jacob

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2005 FZ1

Send a message via AIM to jacob Send a message via Yahoo to jacob
Quote:
little oil leaks can happen to any bikes and i make remarks all the time when i see/hear someone spewing venom and don't know what they are talking about.
little oil leaks can happen to any engine, yes. from what i've seen they seem to happen a lot more often to harleys than hondas, yamahas, etc. (at least 70's and 80's harleys, i've never had a newer model).

making a comment about the effectiveness of a marketing slogan is hardly "spewing venom." i didn't make any comments about the bike itself because i don't know anything about it.

regarding my ability to do basic maintenance, i do the majority of my own auto repairs (valve adjustments, ignition systems, basic stuff like replacing alternators, starters, timing chains, etc.)

i don't claim to be a motorcycle expert bc i'm not but the majority of my experience with street bikes and bike owners leads me to believe harley production quality (at least prior to the evolution engines) doesn't hold a candle to the bikes produced by honda and yamaha.

if you have a different opinion that's fine by me and if you are better informed than me that's cool too, but it's pretty immature and small of you to try to insult somebody you don't even know over it.

whatever man... i'm gonna go for a ride
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote