MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
SportRider
SportRider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Private Track Days?

First of all i have never been on a track with a bike. I have raced shiftercarts dirt bikes and drag bikes before though. Open track days or also known as test and tune for those types of tracks was only about 30 $. It involved taking your machine out there and tweeking it. i heard that track days are like 175 $ at the cheapest. I was wondering what all is included in these track days.
SportRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
fiddy vid from my private track josh302 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 16 01-13-2009 11:11 AM
Why do you, personally, do track days? Or why did you attend your first track day? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 118 11-05-2008 09:25 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
Private track day pics. Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 05-30-2006 10:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
My guess is because you are not a member of the Track. If you are a member of the track then is cheaper but the membership is expensive. However the Private Days that I see around here you get some help from more experience riders. never been on one but this SAT i'm on.
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
YAY a day of fun like you'd never belive!!!
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

ok so its fun that much is for sure. I have been racing since i was younger i know its fun sat and sundays i was at some track
30$x4 days of fun =120 $
175$x4 days of fun=700$
Also how many days in a month can you put your bike on a track
Old 08-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #5
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

I think that question is for people that go to the track often. As far as i know if you are a member, many times as long as there is no other event being host. If you are not a member and you check all the schools that offer track days maybe 3 or 4 a month but I may be wrong.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

mebership fees are i heard like 10000 or something like that
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #7
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

I think it is different on each track but they are expensive. However if you plan to go or can go more than 10 times a month to the track is worth the money. Believe me I wish it was only 30 dolars LOL I would be in line for that offer.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

if i get professional tips and advice the 175 would be worth it but to go out there and just ride on the track umm i dont know as far as expirienced riders talking to me you can go out to any hang out and do that if i am going to pay what it costs fo one class at college i want to get alot out of the track day if you cans see where i am coming from
Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
Swift E

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

I understand where your coming from.
I doing my first T/D this weekend and I'm curious as to what information I'm going to bring home after the day.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #10
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Ill try to help answer some questions. Im no expert on the matter but this is what I think I see.

First of all, this is a private track. Kinda like and exclusive country club...not anyone can just pay a fee and go out on the track.

Second, MILLIONS of dollars are involved in the facility, construction, on going improvements, salaries of track officials, owner, groundskeeper(who is kick by the way) and probably other people im leaving out.

Third, memberships to be able to use the track. Have you checked into them?

Forth, garages, and equipment.

and Fifth, education, whoever the instructor is, is normally a expert rider and can give you great pointers on your riding.

Buck, feel free to elaborate....
Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #11
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportRider
if i get professional tips and advice the 175 would be worth it but to go out there and just ride on the track umm i dont know as far as expirienced riders talking to me you can go out to any hang out and do that if i am going to pay what it costs fo one class at college i want to get alot out of the track day if you cans see where i am coming from
You'll get pro instruction and more than enough time to ride. Most people leave before the day is over.

As for cost comparison to a kart track or dirt, remember that it costs a whole lot more to build and pave a 2.5 mile track. Track days usually include an ambulance on standby also.

But hey, it's an expensive hobby right? How much would it cost to fill up your boat and run it for a day?

Membership is comparable to a Country club:
Silver Membership Program
$7,000 Initiation Fee*
$150 Monthly dues
$30 Daily Use Fees
10% Discount on proshop
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #12
BrutusTx

Member Garage

You forgot to mention..........no trucks/buses/mini vans/Grandma & Grandpa going to church/ POPO/speedlimits/u-turns/stop lights/stop signs/POPO etc. etc. etc.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #13
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

No i understand how much money it takes to run the track but i am wondering if its worth paying even though i may not ever race in cmra

Also i understand that a speeding ticket will more than likely be more than 175
Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #14
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

All I can say, try it JUST ONCE and youll understand and be hooked.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #15
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportRider
No i understand how much money it takes to run the track but i am wondering if its worth paying even though i may not ever race in cmra

Also i understand that a speeding ticket will more than likely be more than 175
I guess that's all up to how badly you want to improve your riding.

Maybe if the demand for trackdays goes up then the prices will come down.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #16
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Maybe if the demand for trackdays goes up then the prices will come down.[/QUOTE]
supply and demand theory would be incorrect if that happened

i will deff. try a track day sometime soon i just wanted to know more info about them i have a close friend that used to race he tells me the same thing
Old 08-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #17
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Sport Rider, DenHou1974 is right. It is going to be a lot more expensive than going to a drag strip or a go-kart track and riding out there. However, you will receive actual instruction from a professional on everything from body positioning, to braking points, to proper racing lines, smooth acceleration, setting the bike up for the turn, proper downshifting, etc etc. You will learn a lot about your bike and how it is supposed to perform. If you want to pay the $175 fee and go out there and skip all the classes and just ride, you can do that also. But I highly recommend taking the class at least once because all they can teach you in one day is incredible.

You don't need to buy the track membership to get on the track. Just find out when the next trackday is and do that. As for how many times can you take your bike out, well that depends on how many trackdays you want to do in a month. There are 3 organizations around this area that run trackdays so, theoretically, you could run about 3 times a month at various tracks. Hope that helps.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #18
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
Sport Rider, DenHou1974 is right. It is going to be a lot more expensive than going to a drag strip or a go-kart track and riding out there. However, you will receive actual instruction from a professional on everything from body positioning, to braking points, to proper racing lines, smooth acceleration, setting the bike up for the turn, proper downshifting, etc etc. You will learn a lot about your bike and how it is supposed to perform. If you want to pay the $175 fee and go out there and skip all the classes and just ride, you can do that also. But I highly recommend taking the class at least once because all they can teach you in one day is incredible.

You don't need to buy the track membership to get on the track. Just find out when the next trackday is and do that. As for how many times can you take your bike out, well that depends on how many trackdays you want to do in a month. There are 3 organizations around this area that run trackdays so, theoretically, you could run about 3 times a month at various tracks. Hope that helps.
Thats what i wanted to hear thanks
Old 08-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #19
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx