Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Arrow Rossi's first interview as a Ducati rider

Q & A with Valentino Rossi
By Dieter Rencken Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 17:15 GMT

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88867

skin 'em Vale
Viva le king
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valentino Rossi Interview sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-05-2013 09:02 PM
Rossi interview RACER X Taking it to the Track 8 11-13-2007 02:47 PM
Rossi BBC interview nutmegchoi Taking it to the Track 5 11-09-2007 08:46 PM
Cool Rossi Interview... Steve O Chap General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-16-2007 01:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

that's how he rolls

can't wait
Old 01-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
He just plainly said that Stoner is a supa fast machine. he can't even imagine how dingo was able to go that freaking fast!!!

Bring your A game flossi, you will need it. BTW, your new bike is FUGLY
Old 01-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

ROSSI IS THE MAN!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

too many words.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
maxgs

Member Garage

That was a really good interview. Thanks for posting it.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Good read. I wish he didn't mention his injury so much; I understand it, but mentioning it more than twice starts to sound like excuses.

And 'Berto- he was giving credit where credit was due ('cept of course to Pedrosa, he avoided those comments it seems...) to Stoner and Lorenzo.

Like he said about Stoner, Rossi is also one who is naturally gifted to adapt himself to a bike and then develop the bike. I don't think Stoner is as proficient at developing a bike, but I think he's probably better than a lot of other folks on the grid. I think Rossi has proven himself to be the best at development- maybe the best ever.

I also read in to the comments about Lorenzo... I don't think Rossi believes that Lorenzo will do as well without the help of Rossi's data and development. I also believe that Lorenzo is a monkey, and won't do well working through bike problems and development. 2011 may be his last year at the top of the rostrum.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Good article..I wish he was able to divulge a bit more on the technical aspects of the Desmo. But i guess Ducati wouldn't be too fond of that.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 AM   #10
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
He just plainly said that Stoner is a supa fast machine. he can't even imagine how dingo was able to go that freaking fast!!!

Bring your A game flossi, you will need it. BTW, your new bike is FUGLY
you're like a broken record
9 - 1 my friend, who's fast?????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
ROSSI IS THE MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Good read. I wish he didn't mention his injury so much; I understand it, but mentioning it more than twice starts to sound like excuses.

And 'Berto- he was giving credit where credit was due ('cept of course to Pedrosa, he avoided those comments it seems...) to Stoner and Lorenzo.

Like he said about Stoner, Rossi is also one who is naturally gifted to adapt himself to a bike and then develop the bike. I don't think Stoner is as proficient at developing a bike, but I think he's probably better than a lot of other folks on the grid. I think Rossi has proven himself to be the best at development- maybe the best ever.

I also read in to the comments about Lorenzo... I don't think Rossi believes that Lorenzo will do as well without the help of Rossi's data and development. I also believe that Lorenzo is a monkey, and won't do well working through bike problems and development. 2011 may be his last year at the top of the rostrum.
I read it a couple of times and can't help but think that maybe it's because he's been so lucky with injuries throughout his career that now having one which restricts him like it does is really playing on his mind remember until last season and 9 world championships he'd never missed a race. He's never struck me as one for excuses but I see your point Tom.
As far as Lorenzo I see him as the man to beat in 2011, the bike is the best out there (right now) and he's learnt to go fast without crashing. The lack of Rossi's development will tell by mid season and mostly by 2012 imo. Intresting to see if he does a Criville who was pretty sub par without his team mate to race but I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baditalian00 View Post
Good article..I wish he was able to divulge a bit more on the technical aspects of the Desmo. But i guess Ducati wouldn't be too fond of that.

Yup, I sure wish we could read a direct back to back summation of the two bikes.
So far I get that the duc is much much harder to turn..............
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

i think the guy interviewing him had some push in that direction with his questions and thats one of the reasons why he mentions the injuries so often. the explanations he gave made sense to me, if you're busted then you're gonna ride like you're busted .

personally im not really stoked about the ducky switch, i mean its his choice and all and im not bashing it, i just liked it better when he was on the yammie. feels like that cliche stigma of the ducky owners attitude is going to start following him soon weather he likes it or not.

i guess in my mind its like when your favorite band goes mainstream and starts making crappy music for the radio instead of the good stuff they used to put out.

I do like the mutual respect everybody seems to have for each other in the bike races.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #12
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Dood, you play the same JT record over and over and still you love it. I am just throwing stones at Rossi for opening his mouth about stoner/duc combination before even trying the bike. The stoner not riding 100%, the fixing the Bike in 80 seconds, etc etc went to with all this new info. He mentioned he will not be 100% until may, that to me translates to, o chit, JB and I need more time to fix this POS, maybe around May we will be competitive, just say it like it is you flossi. But, bring Sepag and hope that all the money and development put in the GP11 can keep up with jlo, spies, dingo and pedrosa and that it doesn't messes up the progress that Nicky has done with pure hard work.

Oh, and he needs to enforce his power and tell ducati that he doesn't like electronics and bann them (media propaganda to make him look good), and putting wheelie control and a better TC is not needed - YEAH RIGHT, who is he kidding

I am so hoping for nicky to smoke his azz.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #13
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Dood, you play the same JT record over and over and still you love it. I am just throwing stones at Rossi for opening his mouth about stoner/duc combination before even trying the bike. The stoner not riding 100%, the fixing the Bike in 80 seconds, etc etc went to with all this new info. He mentioned he will not be 100% until may, that to me translates to, o chit, JB and I need more time to fix this POS, maybe around May we will be competitive, just say it like it is you flossi. But, bring Sepag and hope that all the money and development put in the GP11 can keep up with jlo, spies, dingo and pedrosa and that it doesn't messes up the progress that Nicky has done with pure hard work.

Oh, and he needs to enforce his power and tell ducati that he doesn't like electronics and bann them (media propaganda to make him look good), and putting wheelie control and a better TC is not needed - YEAH RIGHT, who is he kidding

I am so hoping for nicky to smoke his azz.
always hatin' on the GOAT
Rossi & JB will develop the Duc , Stoner couldn't develop a cold
Where's James, when are we grilling and viewing (and talking !)
Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #14
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
always hatin' on the GOAT
Rossi & JB will develop the Duc , Stoner couldn't develop a cold
Where's James, when are we grilling and viewing (and talking !)
Adriana >>>>>> Uccio

I think Qatar is in the works for a party, i hope to get my Dingo HRC shirt by then Oh, wait I think the first one is going to be the Daytona race, oh wait that is a race weekend, mmmmmmm well we will see GO DINGO!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Adriana >>>>>> Uccio

I think Qatar is in the works for a party, i hope to get my Dingo HRC shirt by then Oh, wait I think the first one is going to be the Daytona race, oh wait that is a race weekend, mmmmmmm well we will see GO DINGO!!!!!!

Advertisement