MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #21
Higham
Shh! Ur Boring Everyone!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
.. So is it worth it? To me yeah.. But well see after my court date..
Yes it's worth it. For the record I've only been yelled at twice and both times it was in the National Forest not Houston. I like to ride there but you always run the risk of what happened to you. It's hard to resist the temptation to twist the throttle on sport bikes. Especially on the twisties. Good Luck!
Higham is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SJL Accused of Discrimination pinball The Circus 2 11-01-2013 11:32 AM
Discrimination in work place. Let's discuss Need input skelator Off Topic 79 08-22-2013 08:19 AM
Hiring discrimination FKNA The Circus 43 05-09-2010 11:40 AM
WTFx Pet leash discrimination Cody_Rules Off Topic 8 01-25-2008 10:24 AM
AMA Needs Help Fighting Health-insurance Discrimination ArturoC General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-02-2007 04:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #22
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

behold: the multi-quote button
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	multi.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	41561  
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 AM   #23
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
do you have any idea how long i was on this board before i even noticed that was there? ugh.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #25
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #26
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
Can Urals BREAK THE SPEEDLIMIT WITHOUT BREAKING ..

Didn't you just posted 288 is hot and you got snagged for 10 over

NOW me i'm a saint i never speed and i know most of the cops by 1st name in my area ..

it pays to know peoples
It was a Dnepr damit! Not a Ural.... and actually I did get pulled over on it once for 45 in a 30....

528, not 288....

And the OP, your running with a group, riding like and can't figure out why the PD gives you greif?

cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #27
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Ok.... Its getting old.. First I wanna start and ask every one what their thoughts are on riders being discriminated against here in H Town.. I know the same old dangerous, reckless, to fast, all the rest .. But are we all? My buddy just got pulled on his way home and the cop just told him the same thing.. Same old story..

What fo you think should be done about it? Does it exist, and is how can we make H Town a more bike friendly city?
I was going to say "Look up Route Gang, thank them for the perception cops have of you", but then I saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
weren't you the guy who got arrested for running?
Quote:
I sure was.. That's why I am posting this.. Why do you ask? Gonna fight that in court.. We do have to pay to play.. I even quote your pace thread in some meet and rides..
Are you serious? Like, really? You run from the cops and want to know why all of us are discriminated against? Thanks, douche.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #28
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCheeser View Post
Are you serious? Like, really? You run from the cops and want to know why all of us are discriminated against? Thanks, douche.
im glad im not the only one noticing that
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #29
JetG

I think it is more like a "profile", typically people fit the profile on a bike. Most are young dumb and well you know. I have been pulled over on the bike, but I stop and take helmet off and they notice that I dont fit the "profile", and 9x's out of 10 they let me go, and are pretty nice and say to be careful. If your polite and cool with the cop, even if the gives you a speach or yells, just play it cool. You dont play it cool and act like a he writes a ticket or worse you go to jail. It is really a choice that we all make, and yes SS bikes fit a profile. Sure police are not suppose to "profile" but it happes due to idiots like the Route Gange ect. Cops get tired of runner, and since you own a SS bike your lumped in the whole group. Just dont act like an A$$ and you will be okay. I wont make a judgement call on you running, but will have to reserve till the court deems you guilty or not.
JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #30
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
I wont make a judgement call on you running, but will have to reserve till the court deems you guilty or not.
Is a court decision really necessary when the accused openly admits to it? Well, I guess he admitted to having been charged with running. I do recall hearing about someone who was accused of running after he went about a mile or so before seeing the lights behind him, but I don't remember who that was, and it didn't appear to be a thread started by OP.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #31
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
. I do recall hearing about someone who was accused of running after he went about a mile or so before seeing the lights behind him, but I don't remember who that was, and it didn't appear to be a thread started by OP.
happened to me, for 1
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #32
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
im glad im not the only one noticing that
+1
Refer to post #21.

I'm in, just to see the rationale.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #33
JetG

Quote:
Is a court decision really necessary when the accused openly admits to it? Well, I guess he admitted to having been charged with running. I do recall hearing about someone who was accused of running after he went about a mile or so before seeing the lights behind him, but I don't remember who that was, and it didn't appear to be a thread started by OP.
Well I must have missed the post of openly admitting running. I didnt see that part of that thread. IF that is the case, then well he gets what he deserves.

Been through it all before. I was in my 98 SS camaro, and the cop passed me going the opposite direction. Never saw him, I pulled into a pool hall, and didnt see him till he got on my A$$ and got out of car. Well I ended up with a laser in my chest, and I put my hands up not understanding what the was going on. After it was all said and done, I beat the charge, still cost a lot of money and at that time it was a misdomeaner not a felony. So I can understand being on a bike and not seeing the office, and especially with so many people running around with no mirrors. Not saying it is a excuse, but not everyone is guilty as charged.

J
JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #34
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Well I must have missed the post of openly admitting running. I didnt see that part of that thread. IF that is the case, then well he gets what he deserves.
It was here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
weren't you the guy who got arrested for running?
Quote:
I sure was.. That's why I am posting this.. Why do you ask? Gonna fight that in court.. We do have to pay to play.. I even quote your pace thread in some meet and rides..
I guess technically it was only an admission to being arrested, not actually doing it. I guess we'll have to see what he says when he comes back around.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #35
triumphant675r

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

Quote:
According to the thread regarding the OP's arrest, that was the scenario. I wasn't there so I don't have an opinion on that one.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
According to the thread regarding the OP's arrest, that was the scenario. I wasn't there so I don't have an opinion on that one.
Yeah, I tried to find it, but couldn't.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #37
KeeBee
Old man

Bike(s):
12 HD Street Glide
11 HD Softail Deluxe
SOLD 08 Liquid Silver R6
STOLEN 93 GSXR 750

Send a message via AIM to KeeBee
Quote:
Ok.... Its getting old.. First I wanna start and ask every one what their thoughts are on riders being discriminated against here in H Town.. I know the same old dangerous, reckless, to fast, all the rest .. But are we all? My buddy just got pulled on his way home and the cop just told him the same thing.. Same old story..

What fo you think should be done about it? Does it exist, and is how can we make H Town a more bike friendly city?
I got pulled over last year for speeding. Cop said I was doing 85 which was a lie. I was doing 70 something but I did not admit to anything. So had to go to court it got thrown out because the cop didn't have some print out or proof I was speeding not sure it was called but the judge threw it out.

Have been pulled over several times due to my plate. So I got a new bracket for my plate. Still get pulled over for random stuff. IE they can't see if my inspection sticker is current. You name it.

Basically I have been pulled over 8 times in 2010 and ticketed twice. One was a legit ticket. The other was BS IMO.

Not leaving the motorcycle world but this May I will be switching over to the dark side and purchasing a Harley. Tired of seeing Harleys breaking more laws than I am and riding by cops. Funny on a test ride a month or so back a cop waved at me. 10+ years of riding a sportbike I have never had a cop wave at me other than to pull me over.
KeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #38
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeBee View Post
Not leaving the motorcycle world but this May I will be switching over to the dark side and purchasing a Harley. Tired of seeing Harleys breaking more laws than I am and riding by cops. Funny on a test ride a month or so back a cop waved at me. 10+ years of riding a sportbike I have never had a cop wave at me other than to pull me over.
i wave at them until they wave back. stubborn bastards.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #39
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Yeah, I tried to find it, but couldn't.
Here is what you are loking for, the thread:
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167985
The quote that are significant (Rykoson quoting someone that explained a sitiuation similar to what went on that day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson"
My question is. Why do all these riders talk when they don't even have a clue what happened to us. I agree with most of you about runners... But dont talk about fellow members (educate them) those of us who try to be responsible and practice safe riding... Spirited rides are great when done properly.. To all u who have their foot in their mouths.. will be my Judge..

Check out what some one posted on TWT.. That's what kinda took place..

Thanks silver bullet... Good post!!

SilverBullet
Re: motohouston guys in montgomery co jail
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Warrior
Of course! That sounds so much better we ran, but then got caught. After all, what is there not to believe about a guy that is bragging about having an illegal flip up license plate on his bike?
Don't jump to conclusions without the facts. If they really evaded a stop and truly were running they probably wouldn't have been caught or would have been cracked up on the side of the road. The forest racers are also very aware of limited routes of escape so running is often futile.

Actually not an uncommon scenario. Say you're speeding along on a curvy road through the forest at 80-100mph. You pass a LEO or game warden sitting on the side of the road. Many times before the LEO pulls onto the road and even gets his siren and lights on the bikes are already out of site. So are they running or simply unaware that the LEO has started pursuit? Should they be expected to anticipate that the LEO will follow and slow down and stop? Since driving too fast already for the road condition I doubt they would endanger their safety further and divert attention to their rear mirrors?
Speeding - yes, reckless driving - maybe, true case of evading - I seriously doubt it.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #40
KeeBee
Old man

Bike(s):
12 HD Street Glide
11 HD Softail Deluxe
SOLD 08 Liquid Silver R6
STOLEN 93 GSXR 750

Send a message via AIM to KeeBee
Quote:
i wave at them until they wave back. stubborn bastards.
haha I try not to look at them but some how still get pulled over. With my luck the cop would pull me over for waving.
KeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement