MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #61
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus
 
PowerSurgeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manvel
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,735

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel!! View Post
lol the word stunter is thrown around here more than garrets f4i
Ahahahahahahahah nice
__________________
Stunt riding is dead.
PowerSurgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just watch the vid , or don't, whatever i don't care . lol ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 11 09-07-2009 09:08 AM
Don't Do Drugs; and for Gawd's Sake, Don't Shoplift! Squoddybody Off Topic 17 03-24-2009 02:55 PM
Wild Wild West wiz Off Topic 4 01-14-2007 04:18 PM
Don't the explosions usually happen AFTER you leave the taqueria MadseasoN Off Topic 4 09-17-2006 12:08 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #62
miguel!!
dont forget the streets
 
miguel!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: houston north west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,566

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill




Member Garage





I love you garret, speaking of the streets ant check your phone they callin!

The streets were made to be murdured they made a song about it


__________________
miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #63
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO
 
del240z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, tejas!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,740

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(









Nuff Said....

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #64
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO
 
del240z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, tejas!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,740

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(









Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I would love to see a lawyer using the "let who is without sin" line to defend a client. They would be laughed out of court. Equating something like speeding or other minor offenses that everyone commits to this is a joke. So if someone kills a person, would that make them no worse than a jaywalker, I mean they are both law breakers?

I am sorry but trying to say that speeding and doing this highway are within the same realm of the law is just retarded.

In every forum I have ever been on, a "stunter" ALWAYS comes in with this to try to defend it. Seems that you have to swear an oath to use that argument in order to get your "stunter" card. I was just waiting to see who that guy would be on this one.
Dude, your reality is really skewered since the start of this thread. Not one stunter so far has condoned this. All were saying is that its coo from time to time to rock the streets. OF COURSE if someones holding up the highway when emergency vehicles are trying to pass is absurd. But if you were being held up on the road, no emergencies, and decided ON YOUR OWN to plow through a bunch of riders, then believe me, BELIEVE ME, youd better be carrying plenty of your "bullets" to fend off a bunch of off riders....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #65
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
doesn't this


Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
But if you were being held up on the road, no emergencies, and decided ON YOUR OWN to plow through a bunch of riders, then believe me, BELIEVE ME, youd better be carrying plenty of your "bullets" to fend off a bunch of off riders....
contradict this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
Not one stunter so far has condoned this. .
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #66
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









A lot of arguing in here. I think the bottom line is that we all like to play. The place to play is NOT a highway. Back roads with no traffic are much safer to play on. No, it's still not ideal, but definitely the best place, publicly. I think stunting on the highway is to be held on the same level as the people that do the 610 loop runs. Absolutely idiotic, in my book.
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #67
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
Dude, your reality is really skewered since the start of this thread. Not one stunter so far has condoned this. All were saying is that its coo from time to time to rock the streets. OF COURSE if someones holding up the highway when emergency vehicles are trying to pass is absurd. But if you were being held up on the road, no emergencies, and decided ON YOUR OWN to plow through a bunch of riders, then believe me, BELIEVE ME, youd better be carrying plenty of your "bullets" to fend off a bunch of off riders....
Last thing I would be thinking about would be a bunch of off douche bags.

Anyway, this argument is getting silly. On one hand there is you saying what you think might happen and on the other hand myself telling you what I know would happen.
__________________
"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln
"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it." -Navin R. Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me

Last edited by eltejano; 01-17-2011 at 04:10 PM.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #68
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Hey guys!

I found another thread to go on and hate on people for making riders look bad.

This is MotoHouston, and we are holier than thou

>>>>HATE HERE<<<<
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #69
spartandude
Custom User Title
 
spartandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere near houston, ish.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,947

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
Dude, your reality is really skewered

Awesome. Skewered. Thanks, I need a chuckle.



Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
All were saying is that its coo
Definitions of coo on the Web:

* speak softly or lovingly; "The mother who held her baby was cooing softly"
* cry softly, as of pigeons
* the sound made by a pigeon

or...

* Cobalt(II) oxide or cobalt monoxide appears as olive-green to red crystals, or greyish or black powder. It is used extensively in the ceramics industry as an additive to create blue colored glazes and enamels as well as in the chemical industry for producing cobalt(II) salts. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoO

or maybe...

* Chief Operating Officer; country of origin
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/COO

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #70
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO
 
del240z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, tejas!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,740

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(









.......this is all too funny. Whatever. Differed strokes for different folks. You don't like it, hey, no harm no foul. I still think it's str8ight gangsta!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #71
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO
 
del240z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, tejas!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,740

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(









Good riders, not these chumps....lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #72
spartandude
Custom User Title
 
spartandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere near houston, ish.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,947

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
.......this is all too funny. Whatever. Differed strokes for different folks. You don't like it, hey, no harm no foul. I still think it's str8ight gangsta!!!

I would have to agree with this comparison. These riders are similar to one of the original gangsters in that they are quite reprehensible and unsavory fellows. It makes me glad that the proper authorities were able to apprehend and distribute consequences.

Archetypal gangster.
capone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #73
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus
 
Mr.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,759

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR






Shutting stuff down is fun. I am guilty when I do the critical mass bike ride last Friday of the month. But, shutting down a road for more than 30 seconds is starting to be abusive of the other people trying to use it. Sure, chumps get mad and hate when we are on our pedal bikes and they have to wait a minute to cross. Cops try to throw someone in the back seat to make an example of (me...Halloween). It's all good fun and I can see how the stunters enjoy the mob mentality of it all, but it's always gotta be done in good taste and not to other's detriment. When the cops pull you over and start making arrests, you've probably pushed the limits of someone's patience (or in my case, allegedly drank a beer in public...in front of a cop, doh)
__________________
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #74
ormand
Deelish!
 
ormand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,835

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000





Props to the stunters for keeping the street scene alive
__________________
ONET 1
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #75
Bart
Thread killer
 
Bart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 756

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)










My sincerest apologies to MotoHouston.com. I was unaware at the time of my registration that I was ineligible to be a member of this organization given that I am over the age of 18.

Four pages of flame war and not a d*mn thing to say.

For one, there was essentially no info given in this micro-blurb of a newscast from out of state. It seems that the freeway was not fully "shut down", barricades and all. That's Hollywood BS like what you see in the Fast & the Furious. Beyond that there's not enough information to really judge. You can take it for granted that the media will usually take the side of cop-worship, and the police will either (A) blindly follow the orders of a supervisor, (B) follow the protocol, because there is no other clear reasonable response, or (C) *most likely* do whatever brings in the biggest profit. Or of course, D all of the above. Several dozen people at several thousand bucks each for fines... somebody just made the city's deficit a little smaller and is probably due for a bonus this month. Then sell several dozen bikes at auction for a couple grand each... nice month, eh?

But back to the bikers. Exactly what happened? The vid mentioned a "pace car" - one. Does that mean that only one lane of traffic was blocked? How many lanes are on that freeway? They may not have been much of a nuisance at all. How fast was the stunter herd moving? If they managed to keep it to at least 50 mph (assuming non-rush hour traffic) they again wouldn't be too much of a hindrance. Plus, how many of them were there, and how long were they doing their thing? Fifteen people stunting for 5 mins is a lot different than 200 bikers pulling stunts around a busy loop for 3-4 hours.

And fwiw I don't really plan on checking back to this thread, so y'all kids just go ahead and quote the out of this post, twist it around, make up some new context and continue to napalm-roast the horse corpse.



peace
__________________
The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #76
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post


My sincerest apologies to MotoHouston.com. I was unaware at the time of my registration that I was ineligible to be a member of this organization given that I am over the age of 18.

Four pages of flame war and not a d*mn thing to say.

For one, there was essentially no info given in this micro-blurb of a newscast from out of state. It seems that the freeway was not fully "shut down", barricades and all. That's Hollywood BS like what you see in the Fast & the Furious. Beyond that there's not enough information to really judge. You can take it for granted that the media will usually take the side of cop-worship, and the police will either (A) blindly follow the orders of a supervisor, (B) follow the protocol, because there is no other clear reasonable response, or (C) *most likely* do whatever brings in the biggest profit. Or of course, D all of the above. Several dozen people at several thousand bucks each for fines... somebody just made the city's deficit a little smaller and is probably due for a bonus this month. Then sell several dozen bikes at auction for a couple grand each... nice month, eh?

But back to the bikers. Exactly what happened? The vid mentioned a "pace car" - one. Does that mean that only one lane of traffic was blocked? How many lanes are on that freeway? They may not have been much of a nuisance at all. How fast was the stunter herd moving? If they managed to keep it to at least 50 mph (assuming non-rush hour traffic) they again wouldn't be too much of a hindrance. Plus, how many of them were there, and how long were they doing their thing? Fifteen people stunting for 5 mins is a lot different than 200 bikers pulling stunts around a busy loop for 3-4 hours.

And fwiw I don't really plan on checking back to this thread, so y'all kids just go ahead and quote the out of this post, twist it around, make up some new context and continue to napalm-roast the horse corpse.



peace

All that, and you didn't say a thing. You'll fit right in here.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #77
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post


My sincerest apologies to MotoHouston.com. I was unaware at the time of my registration that I was ineligible to be a member of this organization given that I am over the age of 18.

Four pages of flame war and not a d*mn thing to say.

For one, there was essentially no info given in this micro-blurb of a newscast from out of state. It seems that the freeway was not fully "shut down", barricades and all. That's Hollywood BS like what you see in the Fast & the Furious. Beyond that there's not enough information to really judge. You can take it for granted that the media will usually take the side of cop-worship, and the police will either (A) blindly follow the orders of a supervisor, (B) follow the protocol, because there is no other clear reasonable response, or (C) *most likely* do whatever brings in the biggest profit. Or of course, D all of the above. Several dozen people at several thousand bucks each for fines... somebody just made the city's deficit a little smaller and is probably due for a bonus this month. Then sell several dozen bikes at auction for a couple grand each... nice month, eh?

But back to the bikers. Exactly what happened? The vid mentioned a "pace car" - one. Does that mean that only one lane of traffic was blocked? How many lanes are on that freeway? They may not have been much of a nuisance at all. How fast was the stunter herd moving? If they managed to keep it to at least 50 mph (assuming non-rush hour traffic) they again wouldn't be too much of a hindrance. Plus, how many of them were there, and how long were they doing their thing? Fifteen people stunting for 5 mins is a lot different than 200 bikers pulling stunts around a busy loop for 3-4 hours.

And fwiw I don't really plan on checking back to this thread, so y'all kids just go ahead and quote the out of this post, twist it around, make up some new context and continue to napalm-roast the horse corpse.



peace
Thank that YOU, the lone voice of reason, came on here to say tho one significant thing.

Man, THANK you, what would we have done without you.

.

tokennerdbrainy
__________________
"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln
"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it." -Navin R. Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #78
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
And fwiw I don't really plan on checking back to this thread, .
Could you extend that to the entire board? All of us prebuscent little terrors don't deserve to have your omnipotent presence bestowed upon us.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #79
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Could you extend that to the entire board? All of us prebuscent little terrors don't deserve to have your omnipotent presence bestowed upon us.
Not that I agree or think his post is the or anything... I just see it as another post.

but don't act like you aren't one of these high and mighty people on here

Keep it real....


FWIW, He is soooooooooooo checking this thread
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #80
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Not that I agree or think his post is the or anything... I just see it as another post.

but don't act like you aren't one of these high and mighty people on here

Keep it real....


FWIW, He is soooooooooooo checking this thread
Oh yeah he is.
__________________
"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln
"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it." -Navin R. Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy