Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #21
texasgiant815
The biggest on 2 wheels

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07' GSXR-600

Member Garage

the 45 stunters did that on a ride to galveston. me and atexanone were stuck behind them until we finagled our way though.

ohnoes416234
texasgiant815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just watch the vid , or don't, whatever i don't care . lol ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 11 09-07-2009 09:08 AM
Don't Do Drugs; and for Gawd's Sake, Don't Shoplift! Squoddybody Off Topic 17 03-24-2009 02:55 PM
Wild Wild West wiz Off Topic 4 01-14-2007 04:18 PM
Don't the explosions usually happen AFTER you leave the taqueria MadseasoN Off Topic 4 09-17-2006 12:08 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2011, 02:30 AM   #22
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Stop hatin just cause y'all can't do highway tricks....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #23
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
Haters hate like the bakers bake...typical ..oh and I have rushed to the hospital as my 3 year old was being life flighted...and If traffic was bad I'd go around or make a new rd to the ER with my kid.. No squids stopping me
Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 AM   #24
Iceman.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 ZZR 600

Quote:
Iceman. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:51 AM   #25
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
Haters hate like the bakers bake...typical ..oh and I have rushed to the hospital as my 3 year old was being life flighted...and If traffic was bad I'd go around or make a new rd to the ER with my kid.. No squids stopping me
So you're saying that it's ok for stunters to stop traffic when they feel like it?
I think I remember when your son got hurt.

If you were taking him in your vehicle to the hospital for a life threatening emergency and the road was stopped cause some guys wanted to stunt, that would be ok with you?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #26
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
So you're saying that it's ok for stunters to stop traffic when they feel like it?
I think I remember when your son got hurt.

If you were taking him in your vehicle to the hospital for a life threatening emergency and the road was stopped cause some guys wanted to stunt, that would be ok with you?
I'm not Condoning Anyone here...
Old 01-17-2011, 03:42 AM   #27
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Hahahahahahaha. No ones saying it's ok at all brah. Cool? Hellz yeah, to me it is. But not saying it's coo to stop traffic. Stop being so quick to judge. I'm pretty sure you've done stuff before in life that wasn't exactly what people would deem "legal and safe". Oh wait, I forgot!! You're squeaky clean and are a model citizen. Cmon. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone". Amirite? Y'all calm down. I honestly abhor people like you haters. Your the first to incite a riot against people like this, before looking in the mirror. And don't gimme this whole "I grew up" bit. Everyone still makes mistakes, wether big or small, frequently or not.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #28
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

Not sure if you meant me, but...
I just asked 2 questions.
Wasn't judging, just asking.

Quote:
Hahahahahahaha. No ones saying it's ok at all brah. Cool? Hellz yeah, to me it is. But not saying it's coo to stop traffic. Stop being so quick to judge. I'm pretty sure you've done stuff before in life that wasn't exactly what people would deem "legal and safe". Oh wait, I forgot!! You're squeaky clean and are a model citizen. Cmon. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone". Amirite? Y'all calm down. I honestly abhor people like you haters. Your the first to incite a riot against people like this, before looking in the mirror. And don't gimme this whole "I grew up" bit. Everyone still makes mistakes, wether big or small, frequently or not.....

And you lost me here. Hahaha it's cool but it's not cool. No one's saying it's cool, but I think it's cool. It's not cool to stop traffic.

I'm far from squeaky clean, the couple of thousand posts on here don't tell the story of my life. But you really can't apply "Let he who is without sin" to this situation. From that rationale, anyone can do anything they want anytime they want, because no one else is free from sin, so no one else can judge. That doesn't make sense to me either.

Anyway, I'm not being a hater, just that when bikers do in mass numbers like this, it makes us all look bad.
Even the squeaky clean ones.
Like me.

Last edited by a forum moderator; 01-17-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #29
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

I know it might seem a lil difficult to comprehend at first, cause of how I posted it, but that's exactly what I meant. Do I think it's cool tearing it up on the highway and putting on a show for people passing by? yeah!!! But do I think it's cool holding up traffic and potential emergency vehicles responding to a call or on their way to a hospital? no. Theres a time and place for everything. Rarely will there be ANY justifiable reason to block a highway in this circumstance. You just gotta pick and choose when and where you decide to do it. Hopefully not halting anything life saving in the process.....

Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #30
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

When you put it that way.... lol...
Yeah a big planned stunt show on a freeway would be pretty bad .
Old 01-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #31
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
I know it might seem a lil difficult to comprehend at first, cause of how I posted it, but that's exactly what I meant. Do I think it's cool tearing it up on the highway and putting on a show for people passing by? yeah!!! .....
Think about what you are saying. What if some young impressionable kid is in a car seeing you stunting. They may start asking mom or dad for a bike. Where will it end. lol
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #32
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
I know it might seem a lil difficult to comprehend at first, cause of how I posted it, but that's exactly what I meant. Do I think it's cool tearing it up on the highway and putting on a show for people passing by? yeah!!!

Here's an interesting thought that has never entered a stunter's head: this "show" they're putting on for "people passing by" NOBODY WANTS TO SEE. That's right. The general populus that's out on the road doesn't give a about stunter's wheelies. They're much more interested in their cellphone conversation, and getting where they're going. The latter of which makes perfect sense as that's why they're on the road in the first place.

Stunters need to keep it in the parking lot for their other stunter buddies to watch. Cuz the rest of the world doesn't give a at best, and more commonly sees them as a nuisance.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #33
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Here's an interesting thought that has never entered a stunter's head: this "show" they're putting on for "people passing by" NOBODY WANTS TO SEE. That's right. The general populus that's out on the road doesn't give a about stunter's wheelies. They're much more interested in their cellphone conversation, and getting where they're going. The latter of which makes perfect sense as that's why they're on the road in the first place.

Stunters need to keep it in the parking lot for their other stunter buddies to watch. Cuz the rest of the world doesn't give a at best, and more commonly sees them as a nuisance.
Personally, i would want to kill someone if a group of riders shut down traffic to stunt even if i wasn't remotely in a hurry. But it seems like you just came into this thread to bash on all stunt riders and stunt riding in general. Wouldn't you agree that the racers need to keep that bullshit road racing on the track? Same stupid on the road either way. But i'd be willing to bet the the majority of people see all that stupid road racing and speeding as a nuisance more so than stunt riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #34
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

So, can we all agree that shutting down the freeway for anything other than an emergency (accident, spill, etc) is bullshit?
jimmy the gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #35
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Personally, i would want to kill someone if a group of riders shut down traffic to stunt even if i wasn't remotely in a hurry. But it seems like you just came into this thread to bash on all stunt riders and stunt riding in general.

Pretty much, yes. I haven't seen much stunting I've been impressed by, I've NEVER seen a freeway wheelie I was impressed by. Plus, I can't stand the rose-smelling- attitude that seems to accompany the activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Wouldn't you agree that the racers need to keep that bullshit road racing on the track? Same stupid on the road either way. But i'd be willing to bet the the majority of people see all that stupid road racing and speeding as a nuisance more so than stunt riding.
I totally agree that that needs to stay on the track. I think the land speed runs on the freeway are an equal nusaince to the wheelies.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 01-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #36
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

They should probably keep it on the feeder roads, and hey you gotta pay to play.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #37
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post

Awwwwww.....someone never got to ride wheelies on the highway? Lmao. Like I said, weve all done crazy before. If you were a priest, I still wouldn't think you've led a perfect life.... Which means you've got no room to judge. I'm not disagreeing with you, but not agreeing with you entirely either. To each his own I guess. You think 10-20 riders doin seat stander wheelies, holding it at 60 with the rest of the traffic, wouldn't impress anyone? .

Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #38
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Awwwwww.....someone never got to ride wheelies on the highway? Lmao.
Making a public nuisance out of myself is not something I feel the need to do in my advanced age, therefore, "got to" would be inappropriate.

Quote:
Like I said, weve all done crazy before. If you were a priest, I still wouldn't think you've led a perfect life.... Which means you've got no room to judge.
I don't understand this idealogy. "He without sin, cast the first stone" might work inside the walls of a church, but you've got to be kidding me if you think it has any validity to everyday life. There are degrees of jackassery, and doing any activity in a way that it blocks traffic has its own special tier above most others. I don't have to be pure to recognize this.

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but not agreeing with you entirely either. To each his own I guess. You think 10-20 riders doin seat stander wheelies, holding it at 60 with the rest of the traffic, wouldn't impress anyone? .
No, I think it would be called, at best, an inconvenience.

CMRA #302
Old 01-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #39
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Awwwwww.....someone never got to ride wheelies on the highway? Lmao. Like I said, weve all done crazy before. If you were a priest, I still wouldn't think you've led a perfect life.... Which means you've got no room to judge. I'm not disagreeing with you, but not agreeing with you entirely either. To each his own I guess. You think 10-20 riders doin seat stander wheelies, holding it at 60 with the rest of the traffic, wouldn't impress anyone? .
Sure. Middle school girls clinging to their Justin Bieber trapper keepers
Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #40
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement