MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #21
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Congrats on the bike...are you going to use this for the MSF class? I thought you mentioned you were taking it this weekend.

If so, I'd just use their bikes...not as good but you don't have to worry about it.

Good luck with your riding and stay safe.

I'm also on the NW side, Copperfield area
I tried to take it this weekend but I can't pay cash on the day of class and my paycheck comes in today so I'm gonna take next weekend MSF and trust me I'll use their bikes less hassle I'm off Jones/290
SteveohhXdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
randon text message "Today is kike's b-day so wish him a happy b-day 1-599-908-1382" urbanXJ Off Topic 15 06-16-2009 01:56 PM
Today is the day!!!!! LunchBox Events, Meets and Rides 4 12-16-2008 08:25 PM
Today is the day!!!! TheRRguy Off Topic 9 09-24-2008 03:09 PM
Track day today... S_M_J82 Taking it to the Track 185 03-14-2008 12:56 PM
Perfect Day today!! ls_dm General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-25-2007 06:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #22
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
You're right by me; pretty sure we have a red KBC helmet in small.. cheap if it'll fit ya.
interested but not at the moment if you have it in a week or so I'll pick it up buying this bike after bills and stuff leaves me with just enough cash to gas up my cage till payday
Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #23
Scottie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)

Welcome to the nuthouse

Don't forget that Awesome Cycles are a sponsor here and you'll get a discount on your MSF Awesome Cycles. Also when you finish your class you used to get a certificate for a 1 time discount at Cycle Gear.

Enjoy

Last edited by Scottie; 01-14-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
Welcome to the nuthouse

Don't forget that Awesome Cycles are a sponsor here and you'll get a discount on your MSF Awesome Cycles. Also when you finish your class you used to get a certificate for a 1 time discount at Cycle Gear.

Enjoy
thanks man I was planning on going through Awsome anyways so dope!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #25
WWFII

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)

Vroom Vroom...

...party starter!

WWFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #26
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveohhXdank View Post
interested but not at the moment if you have it in a week or so I'll pick it up buying this bike after bills and stuff leaves me with just enough cash to gas up my cage till payday
No prob.. it's a spare and not going anywhere.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #27
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Congrats on the purchase!

I will pm you later, but I have tons of parts, and also some gear available..

I don't have a spare helmet, but I do have elbow pads, and a mesh jacket with liner, that you are more than welcome to help yourself to (if they fit)

Since my bike is undergoing surgery, I have no need for the gear, and would rather SOMEONE be protected, rather than sit on the shelf.

Will be a busy day for me today, bso it may be a little bit of a wait for me to get round to PMS.

-christian
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
Congrats on the purchase!

I will pm you later, but I have tons of parts, and also some gear available..

I don't have a spare helmet, but I do have elbow pads, and a mesh jacket with liner, that you are more than welcome to help yourself to (if they fit)

Since my bike is undergoing surgery, I have no need for the gear, and would rather SOMEONE be protected, rather than sit on the shelf.

Will be a busy day for me today, bso it may be a little bit of a wait for me to get round to PMS.

-christian
legit! Thanks for everything well deffinatly talk about this bike.
I appreciate the offer man thanks alot to you and everyone for welcoming me.im sitting at work staring at the clock until i can go get this thing
Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
Alstare_Gixxer
Crash Meister

Quote:
I'm 5'3-5'5 ish 130lbs and Azylum thanks for all the info man
I'll PM GAU-8 later on and Squoddy thanks for the welcome at the end of this month everything should be up to date and I won't be a squid commuting 25 miles round trip every morning the weathers good and I'm on the NW side/Jersey Village area but work in West Houston.
That's size US38 or EU48 just in case someone wants to donate some gears.
Alstare_Gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #30
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstare_Gixxer View Post
That's size US38 or EU48 just in case someone wants to donate some gears.
thank you I now have a slight idea on what size to start trying on at
Old 01-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #31
GAU-8
official thread ender.

I'm the same weight, just a little taller (that's 5'8, ...including my work boots..so we are near the same) I'm around 125 to 135 lbs as well..

Awesome cycles is great I had to take the course last year, cause I let my license lapse. Well worth the money (and MH discount)

I'm hoping I didn't just toss them ffrom cleaning out the garage, if I didn't, you can help yourself to some thick winter gloves as well. When I get home, will take a look. (Anything from my spares bike/s you can help yourself to as well) (extra swingarm, frame parts, foot controls, etc etc...) tke em if you want..
Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #32
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
I'm the same weight, just a little taller (that's 5'8, ...including my work boots..so we are near the same) I'm around 125 to 135 lbs as well..

Awesome cycles is great I had to take the course last year, cause I let my license lapse. Well worth the money (and MH discount)

I'm hoping I didn't just toss them ffrom cleaning out the garage, if I didn't, you can help yourself to some thick winter gloves as well. When I get home, will take a look. (Anything from my spares bike/s you can help yourself to as well) (extra swingarm, frame parts, foot controls, etc etc...) tke em if you want..
that's legit man I think I'll take you up on that real soon LMK if you have a Speedo for a seca mines streetfighter and I'm using the app on my phone to see how fast I'm going
I'll chunk you some cash for it.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #33
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

If not I'm purchasing a kosi? RXN1 pretty soon cause its all in one
Old 01-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #34
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
You're only 18, right? You'll probably grow more. Most men continue to grow, but only a couple inches more, into their early 20's. Embrace your inner smurf. There are a few of us shorties around. We should start a club; with Kelly as our leader (I think she's 4'9 in shoes).

But unless you get fat, you'll still be in a small jacket.
I just saw this post....but yes I'm 18 I just measured my height remembering we have doctor scales in our gyms that have the height bar on them but I'm 64inches exactly 5'4 my moms 4'9 barefoot Hispanic traits
Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #35
ride-red
Monster

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 1000RR
04 VT1100C2
00 CBR929RR (SOLD)

congrats on the bike, I member when i got my first street bike... you couldn't get me off it! I know the feeling!
ride-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #36
GAU-8
official thread ender.

lolz, I am in the same process of getting the KOSO speedo as well.. my bike had to take a ton of punishment last year, it went through what I would call "graceful degradation"..a term fighter pilots use for a plane that can endure hammering combat damage, and still get the pilot home .safely She did just that. it was embarrising, cause it looked like a rolling death trap. (Others can tell you) But she hasn't failed me time to return the favor.

Btw I work in two different areas. One at 290 and hwy 6, the other is 249, and north houston roselyn. So if we need to meet up, but can't get to my home location, I can get you the stuff without as much of a drive.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #37
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
lolz, I am in the same process of getting the KOSO speedo as well.. my bike had to take a ton of punishment last year, it went through what I would call "graceful degradation"..a term fighter pilots use for a plane that can endure hammering combat damage, and still get the pilot home .safely She did just that. it was embarrising, cause it looked like a rolling death trap. (Others can tell you) But she hasn't failed me time to return the favor.

Btw I work in two different areas. One at 290 and hwy 6, the other is 249, and north houston roselyn. So if we need to meet up, but can't get to my home location, I can get you the stuff without as much of a drive.
That won't even be necessary as much as your helping out I will be more than willing to make the drive if needed .

Lol I knew it was a O or a I but yes the KOSO looks legit and SECA's sound super reliable just what I need
Old 01-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #38
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
sit in your garage? ya right! no way in you'll be able to fight temptation, just like the rest of us.

congrats man.
this
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #39
SteveohhXdank
MOST HATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer View Post
this
no comment but you probably know what's gonna happen.....
Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #40
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
I pick up my first sportbike
found a helmet to borrow for today then its gonna sit in my garage till my next check comes for gear :/
flaking on the lid huh?

Advertisement