Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 08:41 AM   #61
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
True that reckless driving needs to be handled as it happens, but once again at Dark 30 at night, chances are there is a serious crime taking place other than reflector violations. I am all for pulling over speeders and traffic infractions as they take place. Not having proper safety sticker in place or no reflectors is not going to deter a biker from speeding. That just creates animosity towards the police.
i would bet this nit picking didn't start till the crowds appeared. then the hooliganism started, and now it's where it's at. and it'll stay hot-n-heavy till the "spot" cools down for another spot.

at JCI, cops once in while "cracked" down, but most often they let it lie.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPD Chase leaves 1 dead rod3rickj General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 10-06-2008 12:07 PM
HPD chase Sifu-TZ Off Topic 9 03-04-2008 01:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #62
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
andre,

"Traffic enforcement with the intent of running everyone you stop for wants/warrants and/or setting up sting operations is proactive policing, you are trying to stop the criminals. "

this makes sense, but then writing a ticket to a reg. person for "no ft plate" or non-DOT compliant sticker, sounds like revenue generation. if said stop is scumbag, throw the book at him.

i don't know, i just read about more and more crime and read about more and more lame tickets. i'm not saying take way from invest./narc/vice , but i am saying take away from T/E and put them on patrol.
No doubt. Writing tix is revenue generation. Its money for everybody involved except the violator. City makes money, lawyers make money, officer make money. If you choose to fight a ticket and go to court, the officer that writes the ticket gets overtime pay. The more tickets you write, especially the chickenshit, albeit legal, you know they are going they are gonna go to court and fight it.

So no DOT stiker? Cha-Ching
No front plate? Cha-Ching
Obscured license plate? Cha-ching

Lets say I write 8-10 tix per day, that almost 160 per month, not including days off. Thats a lot of court time., with OT rate at 30-50/per hour, averaging 6 hours in court per week, its a nice lil bump in pay. Many officers use writing tix as their extra jobs. Some guys running laser can easily do 30-40 per day, and those tickets are pretty hard to beat in court. Most lawyers won't even try laser cases.

Lets say you have a non-ticket writer officer that make 60k/yr. Start writing a lot of tix and your pay goes to 75-100k yr easily.

Last edited by andre3k; 08-23-2006 at 08:53 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #63
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






and from when Chief Hurt came into town, i had read that he was the master of $ generation. but unforn. now w/ katrina, houston is need of real police work. if things were as they were pre-K, then i'd have no prob.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #64
hooligansETL
Why even try?
 
hooligansETL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17


Bike(s):
gsxr750









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
i would bet this nit picking didn't start till the crowds appeared. then the hooliganism started, and now it's where it's at. and it'll stay hot-n-heavy till the "spot" cools down for another spot.

at JCI, cops once in while "cracked" down, but most often they let it lie.

Ive always asked cops why they even try
hooligansETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #65
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligansETL
Ive always asked cops why they even try
i've often asked "runners" that same question.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #66
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Not to advocate running or anything but not all runners get caught.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #67
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
No doubt. Writing tix is revenue generation. Its money for everybody involved except the violator. City makes money, lawyers make money, officer make money. If you choose to fight a ticket and go to court, the officer that writes the ticket gets overtime pay. The more tickets you write, especially the chickenshit, albeit legal, you know they are going they are gonna go to court and fight it.
I'm not so sure I can agree with that anymore. I went to Houston court last month and hardly none of the officers showed up. In fact 85% of the cases were dismissed because the court was so backed up they just couldn't handle all of the cases.

So basically, pay the fine or go to court and probably get it dismissed.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 AM   #68
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
I'm not so sure I can agree with that anymore. I went to Houston court last month and hardly none of the officers showed up. In fact 85% of the cases were dismissed because the court was so backed up they just couldn't handle all of the cases.

So basically, pay the fine or go to court and probably get it dismissed.
Wrong. Those cases are being reset, not dismissed. Just b/c you don't physically see the officer in court, doesn't mean they are not there. They will show if the case goes to trial.

Last edited by andre3k; 08-23-2006 at 09:26 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #69
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






yup, i'm fighting a case from last thanksgiving........lol

court 9/21
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #70
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Wrong. Those cases are being reset, not dismissed. Just b/c you don't physically see the officer is court, does'nt mean they are not there. They will show if the case goes to trial.
Wrong my . These weren't arraignments, they were trials. I got there 1.5 hours early and I was there sitting near the front and heard everything that was going on.

Like I said 85% of the cases (including mine) were dismissed either because the officer wasn't there or they just didn't have the time to deal with it.

There may have been a DWI or two that they weren't gonna dismiss just because the officer wasn't there.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #71
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Wrong my . These weren't arraignments, they were trials. I got there 1.5 hours early and I was there sitting near the front and heard everything that was going on.

Like I said 85% of the cases (including mine) were dismissed either because the officer wasn't there or they just didn't have the time to deal with it.

There may have been a DWI or two that they weren't gonna dismiss just because the officer wasn't there.
Dude what are you talking about? DWI's don't appear in municipal court. Those are district court cases.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #72
bentgixxer
Senior Member
 
bentgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,894

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring








Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
Not to advocate running or anything but not all runners get caught.

not to advocate NOT running, but, just cause you get pulled over doesnt mean your getting a ticket
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
We need a subforum for bentgixxer's threads alone.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:51 AM   #73
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
No doubt. Writing tix is revenue generation. Its money for everybody involved except the violator. City makes money, lawyers make money, officer make money. If you choose to fight a ticket and go to court, the officer that writes the ticket gets overtime pay. The more tickets you write, especially the chickenshit, albeit legal, you know they are going they are gonna go to court and fight it.

So no DOT stiker? Cha-Ching
No front plate? Cha-Ching
Obscured license plate? Cha-ching

Lets say I write 8-10 tix per day, that almost 160 per month, not including days off. Thats a lot of court time., with OT rate at 30-50/per hour, averaging 6 hours in court per week, its a nice lil bump in pay. Many officers use writing tix as their extra jobs. Some guys running laser can easily do 30-40 per day, and those tickets are pretty hard to beat in court. Most lawyers won't even try laser cases.

Lets say you have a non-ticket writer officer that make 60k/yr. Start writing a lot of tix and your pay goes to 75-100k yr easily.
I feel sick.
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #74
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Dude what are you talking about? DWI's don't appear in municipal court. Those are district court cases.
You're getting away from the point.

I'm talking about my trial and most others being dismissed because the officer didn't show or they didn't have time to deal with it. Therefore stop running from the f***in police (the topic of this thread) because your $100 ticket will probably be dismissed anyway.

Now, thanks to the people running ... the police won't chase the guy who steals your bike.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #75
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
You're getting away from the point.

I'm talking about my trial and most others being dismissed because the officer didn't show or they didn't have time to deal with it. Therefore stop running from the f***in police (the topic of this thread) because your $100 ticket will probably be dismissed anyway.

Now, thanks to the people running ... the police won't chase the guy who steals your bike.
You know how you have that cousin that only calls when he wants something. Thats the general consensus around here. Its FTP, until a bike is stolen. Then there's a thread "OMG my bike was stolen". The its FTP again, because the officer wasn't there to watch over the bike that was parked in an apt complex parking lot. Then it turns out that he didn't have insurance for a bike that he parks in an unsecure parking lot. But none of that happens here luckily.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #76
bdmpastx
The Cripple
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,774

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR





Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
what a crock of . i'm hateing this police chief more and more........more crime in the city, lets write more tickets for inspections and no ft plates.
There is no money to be made in murders, car thefts, burglaries, assaults etc...

I hate the cheif as well...he is almost as dumb as Lee Brown. First with the redlight cameras...next will be speed cameras...after that it will be the city in Demolition Man...cursing...$400 fine...cha ching$$$.

Add that with the proposed clothing city ordinance that Dallas is trying to pass. It will restrict those wearing baggy clothing and give them a fine. Now why I think the baggy bants with your underwear showing is idiotic to say the least, I don't think that my goverment has the right to tell me or anyone what clothing they can wear.
__________________
My wheelchair doesn't have chicken strips
sigpic
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #77
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
There is no money to be made in murders, car thefts, burglaries, assaults etc...

I hate the cheif as well...he is almost as dumb as Lee Brown. First with the redlight cameras...next will be speed cameras...after that it will be the city in Demolition Man...cursing...$400 fine...cha ching$$$.

Add that with the proposed clothing city ordinance that Dallas is trying to pass. It will restrict those wearing baggy clothing and give them a fine. Now why I think the baggy bants with your underwear showing is idiotic to say the least, I don't think that my goverment has the right to tell me or anyone what clothing they can wear.
+1
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #78
CBR RN
An observer
 
CBR RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 293


Bike(s):
had an F4i









Hurtt on the street, in action.

Our Police chief in action:
25f5c7b
__________________
Roland
CBR RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #79
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












, you're wrong for that.
I think you can even catch a glimpse of his gold tooth. He tries to hide it, but I've seen it. It has a small champagne glass in the middle.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:26 AM   #80
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












25f6hw9
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy