MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What's the fastest speed you have been cited for on a ticket?
100+ 42 50.60%
120+ 9 10.84%
140+ 9 10.84%
Over 150+ 23 27.71%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #101
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

The "sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could" is the oldest joke in the book. You arent really claiming that are you? Lol

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cited for 'unsafe speed', but no speed indicated Jonbones Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 17 10-09-2013 09:47 PM
Top Speed Fastest Lap BigComfy Off Topic 3 01-30-2010 11:46 PM
Fastest Speed.... 100f General Discussion (Moto Related) 131 05-12-2007 01:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #102
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
careful with accelerating too quickly too. I got pulled over and the officer told me to give him one good reason he shouldn't take me in for wreckless because of my rate of acceleration. I said unless you can calculate my rate of acceleration you can't tell me it's to fast.
I've heard that too and I point out to them that there is no statute limiting rate of acceleration.

While they may not like the fact that bikes can hit the speed limit in the blink of an eye, there isn't a thing illegal about it.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #103
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Yes there is. It's called "display of acceleration" and I've been ticketed for it.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #104
MiniG0D
Teknulogicuhly Challunged

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2008 600RR Graffiti Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Yes there is. It's called "display of acceleration" and I've been ticketed for it.
Unless its a city ordinance no there isn't. Not in the transportation code at least. What you are referring to is one of the subsections of the street racing section in the transportation code. Too lazy to lookup the actual section but I'm sure wackjum will post it lol.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #105
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Exhibition of speed (aka peeling out) has not been an offense for some time and was put into the drag racing charge. Although a burn out could be considered reckless driving if it was bad enough.

ETA: Houston or another city could have this as a city ordinance.
I believe my citation was worded 'display of acceleration' not exhibition of speed and I got that ticket in 2001 in Baytown.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #106
triumphant675r

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

My issue could'nt have been considered wreckless. I mean, I didn't lose traction, or pull a wheel up.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #107
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Exhibition of speed (aka peeling out) has not been an offense for some time and was put into the drag racing charge. Although a burn out could be considered reckless driving if it was bad enough.

ETA: Houston or another city could have this as a city ordinance.
Actually, I was arrested for that very offense in 2009. It had nothing to do with drag racing, I can dig up the bond papers and citation if you don't believe me.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #108
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

I've never been caught over 100+mph, a few months ago was a close call though.

Cop was posted up on the shoulder of 59 in Sugar Land, I was coming over a small hill and noticed him very far back. I was at about 120 when I noticed him and I would think that there is no way in that he could possibly clock my speed at such a far far distance. So, I'm decelerating but not to noticeable and as I was approaching the cop ( he was aprox. 100 feet ahead of me still in the shoulder) Sure enough he got behind me and threw on his lights. I signal and pull all the way to the right, and wait for him to approach me. Cop tells me that he clocked me at 96mph (I'm totally cool with this) and then he tells me that my registration is expired So i prepare to sign a ticket but the cop is really nice, and said for me to slow down and play it safe. The cop didn't even write me a warning. SO, All I can think about this is that he didn't really even clock my speed, right?
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #109
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
My issue could'nt have been considered wreckless. I mean, I didn't lose traction, or pull a wheel up.
I didn't do either and I was charged with reckless. The problem with a reckless driving charge is that it's entirely subjective - there's no hard and fast definition of what entails driving recklessly. It seems to be entirely up to the officer to simply deem your driving/riding reckless and you have very little ground on which to fight it. Like I said, I wasn't doing anything extraordinary - just speeding on the interstate - and I got a badass criminal defense attorney, too. The issue is that in this case the state doesn't so much have the burden of proving you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt so much as you have to prove that you were innocent. It's solely your word against the officer - and the officer is a trained professional who'd never lie or embellish in order to strengthen his case, right?

Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #110
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

And you're a fine upstanding citizen and would never purgur yourself in ct or act a fool on public roads. Lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #111
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
And you're a fine upstanding citizen and would never purgur yourself in ct or act a fool on public roads. Lol
I didn't perjure myself - I never gave any statement or testimony. The difference between you and me and a police officer is that they're sworn to uphold the law - we're not.

I can say for a fact, with absolute certainty, that the officer in my case did lie and embellish to the point of blatantly distorting the facts in order to make a case against me. He claimed that I was weaving in and out of traffic and passing on the left shoulder.

This was absolutely untrue. There was no other traffic - it was 10:00 at night in the middle of BFE south Texas on the interstate. Accordingly, there was no need (or possibility) to pass on the shoulder, as there were no othe cars to pass. Convienently for the officer the dash cam footage was "lost" when my attorney asked for it as evidence. The embellished parts of his account of the events were fictitious and were added solely to build his case against me.

Sure I've ridden like a jackass on public roads. Plenty of times. That's really the only solace I can find in my case - that while I absolutely was not guilty of the things this officer alleged that I did, I've done so many other things hat I got away with that I can tell myself that I just finally had it catch up with me, though it took a lying police officer to get it accomplished.

You had a 180 hp hayabusa and now have a tuono R. Are we to believe that you've never gone 31 over the limit on the interstate with no traffic in the middle of nowhere? If so, then why on earth dis you ever buy those bikes in the first place? If not then you've done the exact thing thy cost me a misdemeanor conviction and loss of my CHL. I just happened to run across an officer who wanted to rub me in. As far as we know, you haven't.

It's cool, though. I have little doubt that I break traffic laws far more often than you do. Maybe it was just karma catching up.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #112
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

*run me in, not rub me in, lol

Old 12-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #113
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

on my motorcycle - the drag racing, contest of speed, excessive acceleration infractions had NO speed listed.
My most recent speeding tickets include; 95/65, 67/40, 78/50, 94/60 and seven times I've been caught and let go doing "wheelies" down the tollway, that's just this year...luckily this has all stayed off my record, so officially I haven't been convicted of any traffic violation in over 20 years. Thank and several very kind officers from HPD, HCSO, FtBC, Metro, Constable Pct.6 and of course many $$$ too.

even Metro called me and asked me a bunch of questions about where I mounted my ez tag and told me how my tag was reading here and there and nowhere in between, how it wasn't possible to read here, then way over there, then again over here, they asked me to come in and check it at their drive through reader at the station.

Im trying to ride slower 'cause I spend more money on tires than I do gas

Funny, the last time I went to court (Monday Dec. 5th, 95/65) even the judge said HE was speeding on his way to court, the only difference between him and me... he said, was... HE didn't get caught! ...and... YES its all about the money! ...so get ready to pay!
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #114
~YODA~

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 R6

Heres one

Coming in from Katy around 2ish am and was clocked at 113 just as I passed 610 loop. Pulled over for the LEO and was given the spill of "you know how fast your going?" so sure enough I was given a citation. On the day at court the ticket was thrown out due to the fact that the officer had wrote down I610 instead of IH610. As I sat there waiting on my dismissal paperwork the judge scolded the officer for putting the information wrong on the ticket. The look on his face was PRICELESS.
~YODA~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #115
Snoogyns848
BOSSMAN

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 848

I'm sure I've been clocked above 150 but I've never looked back to see if any lights came on...never cited for a speeding ticket on the bike!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #116
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
on my motorcycle - the drag racing, contest of speed, excessive acceleration infractions had NO speed listed.
My most recent speeding tickets include; 95/65, 67/40, 78/50, 94/60 and seven times I've been caught and let go doing "wheelies" down the tollway, that's just this year...luckily this has all stayed off my record, so officially I haven't been convicted of any traffic violation in over 20 years. Thank and several very kind officers from HPD, HCSO, FtBC, Metro, Constable Pct.6 and of course many $$$ too.

even Metro called me and asked me a bunch of questions about where I mounted my ez tag and told me how my tag was reading here and there and nowhere in between, how it wasn't possible to read here, then way over there, then again over here, they asked me to come in and check it at their drive through reader at the station.

Im trying to ride slower 'cause I spend more money on tires than I do gas

Funny, the last time I went to court (Monday Dec. 5th, 95/65) even the judge said HE was speeding on his way to court, the only difference between him and me... he said, was... HE didn't get caught! ...and... YES its all about the money! ...so get ready to pay!
You deserve to lose your license.

67 in a 40? Do you really think you'll get there earlier?
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #117
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
And even though the other stuff was a HUGE , what really me off is that the Edna PD said they "lost" my pistol so they would pay me market value for it if I could find a receipt. A receipt? Yeah right. The punk- cop (good officers excluded) has that nice 9mm as a back-up piece and I'm sure he brags about how he got it for free off one of those ninja-bike riders that he screwed royally.
Edna, Jackson county, lake texana F them all, they are such a corrupt, power abusing bunch of ***** it makes me sick

I will not even go to Lake Texana at all anymore because I am always harrassed by someone **** behind a badge.

Strange too because I don't have that problem ANYWHERE ELSE.

How can it be that the only State Troopers, police and TPAW that give me such trouble are all in Jackson county?

Answer: they are all related.

The local state trooper is cousin to the TPAW who is brother to the Edna police...they told me.

and they will F you beyond belief.

look at their court house, the city and county court is in the same office...

How could they lose a pistol in such a small department anyway, bet they didn't like you say...
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #118
DLite
David

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

lol this is a great poll...now i know who I should avoid riding with...
DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #119
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
and said if I keep riding that way I would die
Well did you?
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #120
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
You deserve to lose your license.

67 in a 40? Do you really think you'll get there earlier?
it was actually for riding a "wheelie" on the feeder of I-10 west of 6, the officer was right behind me in a semi-unmarked vehicle
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement